PDA

View Full Version : We didn't know the nuke was loaded?

Lady's Human
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/05/loose.nukes/index.html?iref=topnews

Oopsie? What the heck, water under the bridge......Just a treaty violation, a loss of accountability for 3-6 nukies........

The headline makes the story sound worse than it is, but still..........ya think there might be a hand receipt for those puppies?

critter crazy
09-05-2007, 05:07 PM
OOPS!!!!:D

Sevaede
09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Geez!! :eek:

BAFB is in Shreveport.

lizbud
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Boy, that's jaw dropping news isn't it. :eek: I was reading about this
today & was surprised that the story orginated in The Military Times.
I am so grateful for private, independant news reporting. This is strange
that I was just reading a CNN investigative piece on Russia's above
ground nuculear testing that went on for years in a few small villages.

A real horror story of massive physical deformaties, the effect of that
above ground testing.The thought of that happening here is so scary.
We can't afford ANY mistakes with these weapons.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/30/btsc.chance.nukes/index.html?eref=ib_world

Lady's Human
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
To think of all the BS I had to go through every time I signed out my M-16........

And they let a couple pilots out with Nukes.

joycenalex
09-05-2007, 07:00 PM
LH, when i saw this earlier today, afer i thought some air force guys were gonna be in deep s&*t, my next thought was ....wonder what LH would say? :D

Lady's Human
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Make no mistake, those weapons are about as fail-safe as they can get. Multiple codes are needed for activation, and those codes aren't available to the flight crews without presidential authorization.

The weapons CANNOT just "oopsie" go off. The timing involved in setting off a nuke is managed by a computer, the comp is deactivated unless codes are entered, so there's no such animal as an "accidental" detonation.

What bothers me is the chain of custody. Those beasties are tightly controlled, accounted for from point "a" to point "b" and back. Or so I thought. (Well, one security clearance app I knew about long, long ago would explain part of it, but.. :p ) Obviously that chain was broken. Those weapons weren't supposed to be airborne. They were just supposed to be empty carcasses.

Heads will (Probably already have) roll...and roll....and roll. You DON'T make mistakes with weapons.

RICHARD
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
LH,

Those are the guys with the big wrist watches that you find naked on your front lawn... :D