PDA

View Full Version : Halloween - Big Dissapointment

Hellow
09-05-2007, 02:12 PM
I just got back from seeing Halloween. It is an pretty good movie but the first one they made is better. The bad things are that they cuss alot and my mom had my eyes covered for about 30 min total lol! My suggestion: NOT for young kids! I like the first one they made better.

elizabethann
09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I remember going to the first Halloween movie when I was a pre-teen. I don't remember how my friend & I got in because we were too young to see that movie - but we did.

I remember sitting in the front row because the movie house was packed. We were sitting next to this alcove to the exit. I remember watching the movie and looking at the alcove, thinking Michael Myers was going to come out and get me. I was so scared. Halloween is probably one of the scarest movie's I've ever seen. I even had to sleep at my friends house the night we saw it because we were too scared to sleep alone.

I might go and see the new Halloween or I may wait until it comes out on video.

:)

Hellow
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I might go and see the new Halloween or I may wait until it comes out on video.

:)

Dont bother with it. If you have saw the first one then you go to see this one, you will see what i mean! This one is alot worse than the first one. Too much blood, they cuss about 3/4 of the movie, Michael walks too fast, and there is about 45 min of neudity!

Kalei
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't like horror movies, the most horror I've ever watched was Silent Hill, and Amityville Horror.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Well, it is made by Rob Zombie so I wouldn't expect it to be tame. Kids shouldn't be seeing this movie in the first place, in my opinion. I am going to wait for it to come out on DVD, though.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I saw it last week with my hubby and sister. I thought it was pretty good, I just didn't see the point of the beginning of the movie. It dragged on, but then it got really good. My hubby jumped out of his seat 2 or 3 times! Definately a movie I will be adding to my collection! I agree with dukedogsmom, no child should be allowed to go and see this movie, it's common sense not to let children see movies like this.

Alysser
09-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I HATE horror movies too, Kalei. The scariest movie I saw was a movie about these teens playing an online video game created by some girl, and if you died in the game, you die the SAME way in real life. The girl would come and kill you. I forgot the name. I will never play an online video game again now. I haven't since I have seen the movie. I was with my sister and was hiding my face behind the pillow. I was afraid to go upstairs that night to. :p NEVER putting myself through that again.

I think I'll just watch movies as scary as Scary Movie 4, haha. :p ;)

People always make fun of me because I am a real extremest lol, I enjoy EVERYTHING "scary". Like roller coasters and I want to go para sailing and sky diving, etc. I KNOW I would do this stuff if I had the opportunity. I am going on a cruise in December and I want to go para sailing but my parents said no, lol. But I can't watch a scary movie, or go to fright fest at six flags where people run around in monster costumes and those creepy rides, haha. I am such a chicken. :p

KittyGurl
09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't like horror movies, the most horror I've ever watched was Silent Hill, and Amityville Horror.

Ditto. Horror movies aren't really my thing. The only one that I actually thought wasn't scary was The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. I rather watch movies like Harry Potter, Transformers movies like that.

critter crazy
09-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I Love horror Movies, and cant wait to see this one!! I am also a huge fan of Rob Zombie!!

Definitely not a kids movie! I know I wouldnt letmine watch it!

Hellow
09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Definitely not a kids movie! I know I wouldnt letmine watch it!

Well, my mom let me watch it. And im 13! lol i didnt listen to the cussing & i didnt watch the nudity.:p

KittyGurl
09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, my mom let me watch it. And im 13! lol i didnt listen to the cussing & i didnt watch the nudity.:p

Better of!! :p

animal_rescue
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Seriously I don't let my little sister watch those movies when she's with me, not unless I've previewed them first and made sure they are at least mild(because she does love scary movies), however I just had a friend tell me the other night that Halloween was awesome and that it was waaay better than the original. So I guess I'll just see for myself, I'm going with my mom and we're pretty into horror(although they do terrify me lol).

The Cat Factory
09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
I saw it, and it is nowhere near as good as the original. I loved Rob Zombies previous two films, so I was kind of expecting to like this a lot more than I did.

I love Malcolm McDowell, but it was weird seeing anyone but Donald Pleasence playing Dr. Loomis. I loved Brad Dourif as Sherrif Brackett. I do want to see it again, but I will wait until the DVD comes out to buy it. :)

Zippy
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I am not a big horror movie fan.I have watched the old halloween movie before and thought it was good.