PDA

View Full Version : Red and Rainbow gone

NicoleLJ
09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I am very depressed right now but yet happy too. Red and Rainbow are now with their new families. And two happier families you will never see :D . But it is depressing for me. I took a few pics of them after I got them ready. They both had their claws clipped and were bathed and spritzed with their puppy conditioner that smells like cherries. Then to keep them clean I seperated them from their litter mates and put them in the whelping box. They seemed to know then that something funny was up. And let me know their cries.

1/2 an hour before Reds mom came I took him out for a nice long playtime since he had a drive ahead of him and hoped he would pee. Nope. When mom came she visited for a while and asked some last minute questions and let me know about the vet visit coming up and so on. We went over the 60+ page info pack, the registration papers I will be mailing in this week, her puppy's diary and temperment profile and so on. I expalined aboutt eh shampoo and conditioner and made sure she had the toy, crate and food. along with the other things I am providing to my babies(they will always be my babies). Then we walked Red out to the car and he immediately went potty. She put him in his crate with his blanket and toy and he laid right down and went to sleep.

I am sooo glad I did the crate training that I did. Seeing how calm and content he was in there lightened my worries about the drive and him leaving me. Here are 2 of teh last pictures I took before he went home.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/Redlastday1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/Redlastday2.jpg

And yes he is the first one to have an ear stand fully up and of course he leaves it till the last day he is here to do it. LOL She promised me tons of pics and then he was gone. :(

An hour later Rainbows family showed up. Rainbow had been really upset about being in the box by himself and when I took him outside to wait for them he pottied and just sat with me and waited. He seemed to know something was up. As soon as his family showed up though he was no longer the calm little puppy. His whole body went on wiggle duty as he tried to run to them with me holding the leash. As soon as he was surrounded by them getting his pets he calmed down adn went to kissing everyone. I soooo chose the right family for him. They stayed for an hour as I went over everything with them. And they really showed how kind hearted they are. They showed up with a baby gift bag for me and my little baby on the way. I was shocked. I knew they were good people but never expected anything like that.

Rainbow put up no fuss at all when leaving. Following them on leash to the car and so on. I kissed him goodbye and watched him leave. My little Rainbow is now content with his new family and they couldn't be happier. I am glad and seeing the smiles and the joy for everyone made all of this so worth while. Even the breaking of my heart as they each leave is worth it as I watch the happiness in each of their eyes. Ok here are some of Rainbows last pics.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/Rainbowlastday4.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/Raibowlastday3.jpg

Ok I am off to have another good cry. I know. I am a sap.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

critter crazy
09-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Awwww.....Nicole! I know how saddned you must feel, but it is a good sad, as you know they will be well taken care of. You have done such a fabulous job!! They are just way too cute!! I wish them bith the best of luck with their new lives!!

animal_rescue
09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Awww well atleast they are going to good homes and you'll get lots of updates I'm sure!! :)
Just think about all the great times you had with them and everything will be fine, you get to keep Ajax and watch him grow! :D

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
awww, bye sweet boys. I cannot believe they are ready to leave for their new homes, that when by way to fast. I know how sad you must feel but you did everything possible to ensure that they got the best home suited for them and started them all off with the the right training to make their transition easier on both new the owners and the pups. They are in good hands now...I hope that they will keep you up to date with pictures and then you can pass it on to all of us :)

Alysser
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Awww, Nicole, you did a wonderful job raising them! They will be very happy in their new homes. It must have been really bittersweet for you.

Daisy and Delilah
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
They couldn't be more beautiful. They take after their gorgeous Mama. I know their new owners are ecstatic. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :)

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Aww, it must be so hard to let go yet so joyful to see your pups with good families. :)

Karen
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Love Red's one-so-far Up ear! ;) Be good, boys, and tell your new families to keep us updated!

cyber-sibes
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
:) Aww,this makes me happy & sad too. It's been so much fun watching them up to this point. You've done a marvelous job, and it sounds like they are off to a couple of nice families. Red's ear is adorable! Rainbow Sherman's family sounds especially nice, must be why he picked them out! It certainly seems like he was ready to join them. Please hug all the remaining boys for me, and a big (((hug))) for Sheena, and one for you, too!

ratdogg
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
the first and last pics are my fav. I'm glad to hear you really liked Rainbow's family. They sound like thoughtful people...especially since they brought you a gift!

CathyBogart
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Aww, bye boys! They look so sweet in their pictures. Talk about a bittersweet goodbye!

kallisto4529
09-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Oh Nicole I am so very sorry, this is why I dont like breeding...lol When Ginger had her pups it was hard to let them go!!!! But please know you gave them the very best start in life and that will carry with them forever!!! you chose wonderful families for them, and you will have memories and pics of them forever. Congratulations to you on the most wonderful job well done. Have as many good cries as you need to.

anna_66
09-05-2007, 06:27 AM
I don't blame you for crying. If your a sap, so am I. I'm getting a little misty eyed myself:o

It really sounds like you've done a great job with the pups and pairing them together with the right families. I'm sure they will be very happy in their new forever homes:D

pitc9
09-05-2007, 07:19 AM
You've done a wonderful job raising them to be the super pups that they are!

sasvermont
09-05-2007, 07:31 AM
(((((((((((((Nicole))))))))))))

You have done such a wonderful job with these pups. They will thrive. They will share your love with other families. Be proud. They are moving on to their new folks. Once they all settle in and start forming new bonds with their new people, I think you will feel better about letting them move on.

Sas and her campers :cool:

AdoreMyDogs
09-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't know how people do it. I could never do it. I get so attached and saying goodbye would just rip my heart out. I'm glad the boys have such a good home and I hope you update us with the pictures of them growing up when you get them :)

Big hugs to you. Ya did good, mom, both of ya!

NicoleLJ
09-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks for your support all. It is defiantely hard but when I got teh updates from their families it helped to easy my mind some and made me very proud of my boys and the hard work I did. I posted their updates in a seperate thread if you want to take a look.

I still miss them but reading how happy these families are with their new additions sure makes me feel good since I helped to provide that joy.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

Husky_mom
09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
aawww......... what a bittersweet moment...... glad to hear aboiut the updates too.....

what a cutie RED with his ear standing !! :) sooo adorable!!!..... will be awaiting for update PICS ;)

and how good you mustīve felt seeing RAINBOW so happy going to HIS chosen family.....

what a great moment but also a sad one as it just meand time has come and time will come for the others as well..... you obviously did a great job and you should be proud about it!!......

jennielynn1970
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Awe... what sweet pics! Those little faces just make me smile! I'm so happy that they are going to good homes and will be so loved! You did such an amazing job with them! I'd want to keep them all!