PDA

View Full Version : Sony ImageStation is closing

anna_66
09-04-2007, 02:32 PM
February 1, 2008 Sony ImageStation closes. (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5331)

Although they are going to transfer my 11462 pictures to Shutterfly, I'll be loosing all my captions, comments and favorite albums.
Not only that, all the threads here on PT with pictures will be gone :eek:

This sucks :(

Hellow
09-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Too bad...
At least i use Photobucket and not Imagestation!

Husky_mom
09-04-2007, 02:57 PM
shucks!!...... well It means new threads need to be made ;) or just change the links once they are on another site........

I hate when Zoto closed my account...... I didn´t pay for it either but still :rolleyes: .... thankfully they gave me the choice of saving my pics before they erased it.....

RedHedd
09-04-2007, 03:01 PM
WOW! What a mess! I tried using the Imagestation process to transfer my account to Shutterfly and during that process it asks me to register for Imagestation! It's really messed up! Also Shutterfly doesn't allow linking (although technically Imagestation didn't either). As I have all my pictures on my computer anyway, I think I just might go over to Photobucket, which is what everyone uses anyway, right?

ChrisH
09-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Anna, I've ordered a disc. Just the other day, when I uploaded the zoo pictures, they were asking me to renew my annual subscription, glad I didn't!

Killearn Kitties
09-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the warning. At least that gives me plenty of time to deal with what is still there.

Freckles
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
:mad::mad::mad:
(I seldom use this icon, but this qualifies)

Alysser
09-04-2007, 03:26 PM
I hated Imagestation from day one. When I was looking around for sites I could upload pictures to I made an account on Imagestation. I liked it for a week or so, but logging in one day, I found it deleted ALL my pictures! Boy was I mad! I then switched to photobucket. Photobucket is OK actually lol. I like it alot.

RedHedd
09-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok, I guess they fixed it. My transfer to Shutterfly is now taking place. I have NO idea what will happen to my sig block whilst the transferring is going on. Later this week I'll start using Photobucket instead - I have a ton of pics from my vacation this weekend and from Mishi's last days to transfer. I'm on vacation this week and was planning on working on photos anyway; I just didn't think it would be this much work. Oh well.

koxka
09-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank you for the info. I'll wait Sept.11th. for multiple images downloader.

lizbud
09-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh poop. :( Should I expect an email from Imagestation? Guess I better
switch all my pictures. :(

jazzcat
09-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up.

jackie
09-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh no!

Guess I have to get my butt in gear and change over. :(

EDIT.

I just deleted every uploaded image by mistake, there goes loads of puppy pictures that I lost when my computer crashed last year. :(

koxka
09-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Sometimes ago, Imagestation lost some of my albums. Now there are quite a bite of "This Image is Temporally Unavailable", does it means they are definitely lost? :(

koxka
09-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I just deleted every uploaded image by mistake, there goes loads of puppy pictures that I lost when my computer crashed last year. :(

I feel your pain, it happened to me sometimes ago.My computer crashed and so did Imagestation. :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Man Im glad I stuck with Photobucket. Really, its the best photo site around!

Catlady711
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I use photobucket for my online pix and have not had any problems with it yet, and it's been over a year.

When I download the pix from my camera I first put them on a CD, then check that CD to be sure it got all the pix. Then I delete my camera chip, not before! Then after that I copy the disk to my cpu. My pix on photobucket are only copies, if they all dissaperared it would be an irritant but not detrimental since I have back ups. I won't ever, rely on anything online to be the sole storage of my pix, they are too valuable to me. As it is I'm thinking of getting a second removable hard drive for additional back up of my pix just in case.

Cincy'sMom
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Thank for the warning..I haven't checked email yet to see that. Wow that is going to be a lot of work to transfer everything!!

rg_girlca
09-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Awwww Gee. First Yahoo Photos is closing and now ImageStation.

It sucks is right.

RedHedd
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
It's not as much work as I thought it would be. I was able to use Imagestation's transfer feature to transfer the almost 800 pictures I had stored there. It will take about 10 days for the transfer, during which time they say my Imagestation albums will be unavailable (although they're still working for me).

I joined Photobucket and uploaded a whole slew of pics - it was hard because the majority were from Mishi's last month's with us. I created a special album for his last day with us Here (http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/RedHeddGA/Mishi%20July%2013%202007/)

and for those who want to see what I did this past weekend, please go here (http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/RedHeddGA/Monterey%20Bay%20Aquarium%20September%202007/)

Yes, I saw penguins mating ;)

Cinder & Smoke
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
CLICK ON and READ >>>

February 1, 2008 Sony ImageStation closes. (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5331)

Although they are going to transfer my 11462 pictures to Shutterfly,
I'll be loosing all my captions, comments and favorite albums.

This sucks :(

RE-Read the Imagestation Announcement ...

If you want to COPY your ImageStation photos;
or Purchase an Archive DVD of ALL your photos - with Album Titles and Captions included ...

You need to do that BEFORE you tell ImageStation to "transfer" your stuff to Shutterfly ...

Once you tell them to TRANSFER your stuff, your entire ImageStation account
will be locked or frozen - and you won't be able to access it again. :eek: :(

Make your Copies;
or order your DVD -
BEFORE you do the Transfer to Shutterfly!!

anna_66
09-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Luckily I do have all my pictures on CD already (I never trust any online storage!) but this is just the pits.
I've been with IS since I started here on PT and since I got a digital camera. I hate the thought of changing to another site:o Plus I liked the fact that you could upload the "original size" pictures and would have them there for a back up. Does Photobucket or Shutterfly do that? I also had unlimited storage. Are the other sites like that?

sasvermont
09-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I had better get moving.

ChrisH
09-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Luckily I do have all my pictures on CD already (I never trust any online storage!) but this is just the pits.
I've been with IS since I started here on PT and since I got a digital camera. I hate the thought of changing to another site:o Plus I liked the fact that you could upload the "original size" pictures and would have them there for a back up. Does Photobucket or Shutterfly do that? I also had unlimited storage. Are the other sites like that?
To answer your questions about Photobucket take a look at the faq section here: http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=29&catSelected=f&topicID=320
I have the pro account and am very happy with it.

Logan
09-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I didn't have nearly the number of pictures in Imagestation that you did, Anna, but I sure do appreciate your letting us know about this. I did not receive an email about it from them. I have a Shutterfly account, so I will definitely be transferring my photos over there. But I ordered a CD, first, so I'll have a permanent record in case something goes wrong.

I think you would do well to get the DVD, probably Anna, just in case.

Logan

RedHedd
09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I put my new photos up on Photobucket last night and like it, except you can't rearrange the photos in the album like you could on Imagestation and you can't decorate the albums - at least I couldn't figure out how. Their slideshow feature is limited to only 20 pics; however uploading seemed faster and easier than Imagestation.

I didn't play around with any of their editing features as I prefer to edit before uploading on my PC, keeping the original size here with me and uploading smaller pics so they're easier for people to view.

Freckles
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Well I ordered the CD. I wish they would change the automatic message on their reply:

"Thank you for shopping with Sony's ImageStation(r)

service. We're glad that you've chosen us for your

digital photography needs."

Doesn't quite fit, does it?

gini
09-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I love the way they kept asking me for more money - and THEN they tell you they are closing.

This sucks is an understatement!!!!

dukedogsmom
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I use www.boomspeed.com Minimal amount of money for huge storage. I've been with them since 2003, I think. And the site hardly EVER goes down, which is a great plus.

lizbud
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I didn't have nearly the number of pictures in Imagestation that you did, Anna, but I sure do appreciate your letting us know about this. I did not receive an email about it from them.

Logan

Don't wait around for them to email you, because they won't do it.

I am so glad Anna posted this, or I wouldn't have know anything. :mad:

When you login to your account on IS, it explains everything.

catlover4ever
09-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I had 30 albums on IS and was very surprised to learn of them closing the site so I chose for IS to transfer all my images to Shutterfly. I requested this on Tuesday and today when I checked all my albums and photos had been transfered with no problem.

anna_66
09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
I had 30 albums on IS and was very surprised to learn of them closing the site so I chose for IS to transfer all my images to Shutterfly. I requested this on Tuesday and today when I checked all my albums and photos had been transfered with no problem.
I'm very glad to hear this. I may start my transfer soon then.

vinjashira
09-06-2007, 08:01 AM
thanks for the warning.

I can not even open imagestation at the moment :(
will have to try again later and move all the pictures.

Killearn Kitties
09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
That's good to know. My transfer was started yesterday, so hopefully it will go as smoothly as yours.

Logan
09-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I was afraid to initiate the transfer to Shutterfly, where I already have a lot of albums, until I knew that they had completed my CD. At least we have the benefit of some time with this. I will probably have many, many duplicates of the pictures, but I had some precious ones of Murphy, Mimi, Zipper and Lilly that I didn't dare want to lose, since our home computer crashed and we lost our harddrive when it did.

Logan

Barbara
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I have all my pics on my harddisc as well- I used Imagestation only for the communication. But still- I'm so used to it and getting used to a new thing is bad in my age ;)

sirrahbed
09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for posting this Anna. I had ordered the archive disks a few months ago so went ahead and started the transfer to Shutterfly. Meg I am glad to read that your pictures are already there.
Shutterfly looks to me like it is set up the same way as Imagestation was. I don't know why but I never used IS to link to - was it allowed? I have my PT pictures all in Photobucket.
Thanks again Anna.

pitc9
09-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I started my transfer yesterday.
:mad:

anna_66
09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I was afraid to initiate the transfer to Shutterfly, where I already have a lot of albums, until I knew that they had completed my CD.
Good thing Logan. I just read that if you are having a disc made you should wait to transfer until you get you disc.

I think you would do well to get the DVD, probably Anna, just in case.

Although I have them already, I just went ahead and ordered 2 DVDs. What's it going to hurt to have backup;)

RedHedd
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
The first album link in my sig is to my Photobucket account; the second link is to the new Shutterfly account. Could someone please click on the second link and let me know if you can access the albums. As I'm me and it's my account, of course I can see them; I just want to make sure YOU can see them. Thanks!

Randi
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I just want to make sure YOU can see them. Thanks!
I can see them - a complete succes! :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Testing ...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce01b3127cce997ae68823ce00000016108IaOW7lwya6

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce01b3127cce997ae68823ce00000016108IaOW7lwya6

First was a "copy" & "paste" of the Shutterfly Big Photo ...
Second was a "Properties" highlight & paste into the [ IMG] data field.

What'd we get ??

WOW! ... Got 'em BOTH!

Now the Question Is - How long will they LAST??
Gotta see if ole ShutterFly does a purge & remove of posted *snappies*.

IS Anybody else frequently "posting" ShutterFly photos?
Have you evere been threatened that "You can't DO that?

Tyme will tell ...

Freckles
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Two identical sized pics. No difference in quality.

lbaker
09-07-2007, 01:21 PM
What'd we get ??

Two incredible pictures of a great parteee with beautiful people and beautifuller dogz ~ :D :p

Cinder & Smoke
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Testing ...

WOW! ... Got 'em BOTH!

Now the Question Is - How long will they LAST??
Gotta see if ole ShutterFly does a purge & remove of posted *snappies*.

IS Anybody else frequently "posting" ShutterFly photos?
Have you evere been threatened that "You can't DO that?

Tyme will tell ...

I thought so ... :mad:

Here's the not-so-phine print from ShutterFly's "Help / Terms & Conditions"
at: http://www.shutterfly.com/help/terms.jsp (http://www.shutterfly.com/help/terms.jsp)

#3 ... About your account
Linking directly to images on Shutterfly’s servers from external sites
is expressly prohibited.

Granted, ImageStation said just about the exact same thing in their Terms & Conditions ...
BUT they NEVER raised a *phuss* about folks DOING it ...

What to do ... ?? :confused:

RedHedd
09-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Granted, ImageStation said just about the exact same thing in their Terms & Conditions ...
BUT they NEVER raised a *phuss* about folks DOING it ...

What to do ... ?? :confused:
I'm wondering the same thing, Phred, which is why I also created a PhotoBucket account, but I'm too lazy to upload ALL of my pics that I had on Imagestation (now on Shutterfly) up to PhotoBucket. I guess we'll wait and see .... :rolleyes:

Randi
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d726b3127ccebaaf4cc0db7100000036100Latmrduxc
Do you really have to move me!! :eek:

lizbud
09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d726b3127ccebaaf4cc0db7100000036100Latmrduxc
Do you really have to move me!! :eek:

No Fister. Your mum will take care of it. :) Wanted to bump this up for the procrastinators. (like me)

king2005
09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Anna, with all the photos you take, why not rent server space & have your own gallery?

I'm renting from bluehost.com I think they are great, I get to play with my sites, upload crazy amounts of photos & link them to whereever I wish.

-300 Gigabyte Hosting Space (NEW!)
-Host UNLIMITED Domains!!!
-2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
-3,000 GIGS of Transfer (NEW!)
-SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats
-CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
-2000/2002/2003 Front Page Extensions
-Free Domain Forever!
-Free Site Builder (NEW)
-24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support

for 6.95/month!!

Drool no?? lol

crow_noir
09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Woah! That's an awesome deal!

king2005
09-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Woah! That's an awesome deal!

I had to email bluehost last night cause I don't have that.. I'm wondering if they have a 2ed class of account now.. but I couldn't find any info... so I emailed them & will let people know what they say.

I only have 15gig of space not 300

I paid for 2yrs of hosting for under 200.00 & I haven't had any issues that I have noticed (as its only a personal site), but when there are issues, they send out an email to everyone stating what happened, why it happened, & how they fixed it. I have gotten many emails over the past 1.5yrs from them stating how they have upgraded this or that... I kept the emails incase anyone wants to see what they have been up to.

I'm expecting their reply today, they are usually really good at fast replies.

crow_noir
09-12-2007, 06:04 AM
I miss having internet service like that.

I had to email bluehost last night cause I don't have that.. I'm wondering if they have a 2ed class of account now.. but I couldn't find any info... so I emailed them & will let people know what they say.

I only have 15gig of space not 300

I paid for 2yrs of hosting for under 200.00 & I haven't had any issues that I have noticed (as its only a personal site), but when there are issues, they send out an email to everyone stating what happened, why it happened, & how they fixed it. I have gotten many emails over the past 1.5yrs from them stating how they have upgraded this or that... I kept the emails incase anyone wants to see what they have been up to.

I'm expecting their reply today, they are usually really good at fast replies.

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2007, 07:49 AM
In keeping with previous ammouncements, ImageStation is about to STOP
providing some services - including any Printing of Photos or Gifts >>>

On November 12th the ImageStation® online photo service will no longer
* accept new photo and video uploads,
* support sharing or the
* ability to buy prints and photo gifts.
The disabling of these site features represents the first phase of our planned site closure scheduled for February 1st, 2008.

We strongly urge you to complete any tasks that require upload, sharing or purchase capability prior to November 12th, 2007.

For more information on the closure of the ImageStation site, please visit:

http://www.imagestation.com/shutdown.html (http://members.imagestation.com/u/40313/3223750)

And visit our frequently asked questions:

http://www.imagestation.com/closingfaq (http://www.imagestation.com/closingfaq)

/s/ Phred

anna_66
11-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Speaking of Imagestation, has anyone ordered DVDs or CDs?

Both Robin and I did (she ordered the CDs and me the DVDs) and neither of us have received ours :confused:
I chatted online with someone last month and they said it would be sent out within the next week, then Robin called a little later and they told her the same thing.
Just today I sent them a email. It's been 2 months since I ordered!

Anyone else frustrated with IS?

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Both Robin and I did (she ordered the CDs and me the DVDs) and neither of us have received ours :confused:

they said it would be sent out within the next week ...

Just today I sent them an email. It's been 2 months since I ordered!

:rolleyes:
"Customer Service" is a bit of a BAD JOKE with ImageStation! :mad:

In August I noticed a bunch of my Albums were "Not Available"! :eek:
After multiple "On Line" discussions, all promising "will be fixed in a week",
the albums slowly began to return.

I ordered my Archive DVD on September 4th ...
I lost track of how many times I opened an On Line Help "discussion" to find out WHERE it was ...
I started bugging them ONCE a WEEK in September ... the "excuse" and the promise of "we're working on it" was different every time ... those clowns have quite the Imaginations!

Just this week the DVD finally arrived! (Along with a duplication of about 130 4x6 Prints I ordered
with the DVD - they sent the photos right away in September.) I decided I was NOT going to try to tell 'em they'd duplicated the print order ...
I accept the extra prints as a THANKS for all my pain & suffering. :p

KEEP **BUGGIN** 'em ... sooner or later they're going to say "HEY - we're shut down ---
TOO Bad if your order isn't complete."
Get your stuff BEFORE that happens!

;)

lizbud
11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I ordered a CD also and don't have it yet? The transfer of pics went fine
and completed a long time ago. No charge on my credit card, but no CD
yet either. :confused:

Logan
11-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I finally gave up and transferred my albums to Shutterfly last week. I never got my CD after "yelling" to them about it, over and over. They never charged me, but I never got anything, either. Once you make the move to Shutterfly, your albums are gone from Imagestation. I think I have all of those pictures, anyway, but I needed to be sure as Murphy, Zipper, Mimi and Lilly were all there and I can never take another picture of any of them. :(

Barbara
11-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Does Shutterfly do the same things as Imagestation, mainly- will I be able to post links on PT ?

AbbyMom
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I received my DVD within two weeks. However, it comes with its own dreaded red X's. Meaning, it was created while some of the albums were not available (three out of 43 albums).

I decided not to complain and reorder because the DVD took ten minutes to load on my laptop. Instead, I plan to buy an outboard disk drive and try downloading before moving to Shutterfly.

ChrisH
11-08-2007, 07:30 AM
I ordered a CD also and don't have it yet? The transfer of pics went fine
and completed a long time ago. No charge on my credit card, but no CD
yet either. :confused:
I ordered a CD back in September and all I have is an e-mail order invoice. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/dntknw.gif
I just e-mailed and asked if I'm ever going to actually get the CD.

anna_66
11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
I just e-mailed and asked if I'm ever going to actually get the CD.
As did I. This is the lame response I got:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We are continuing to work on your issue.
So more or less I guess they're telling me I'm not going to get my pictures :rolleyes:
Good thing I always back them up to CD myself!

ChrisH
11-08-2007, 07:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/gah.gif So that's the reply I can expect.

RedHedd
11-08-2007, 10:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/gah.gif I LOVE this little guy! :D Where'd you get him?

lizbud
11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Well finally, I received my CD from Imagestation today. :D

RobiLee
11-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Well finally, I received my CD from Imagestation today. :D

How long did it take, Liz? I have been waiting forever and I'm really worried. I called them and got some excuse and was told that they would be sent out in a week but that seems like ages ago.

sammy101
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Aw thats too bad. I still use Zoto.

I hate when Zoto closed my account...... I didn´t pay for it either but still :rolleyes: .... thankfully they gave me the choice of saving my pics before they erased it.....

They erased your account? I still use mine and I've had it for a long time, even before they announced that they were going to start "charging" to use them. I'm still able to upload new pictures onto my account without paying?

lizbud
11-09-2007, 04:38 PM
How long did it take, Liz? I have been waiting forever and I'm really worried. I called them and got some excuse and was told that they would be sent out in a week but that seems like ages ago.

I think it was a few days after Anna began the thread. It took a very
long time I think. Im glad it's finally here.

ChrisH
11-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Got a response to my e-mail.

We apologize for the delay in production of your order. We understand that your order is important to you. A few of our servers were undergoing maintenance which made some of your images unavailable. We have resolved this and the servers are back online. Your order is in production and it will be completed and shipped as quickly as possible.

slick
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Well, I'm impressed.

On Sunday I took the option to transfer all my images to Shutterfly. Message said it could take up to 10 days.

24 hrs later I received an email that the transfer was complete. I've only now had the chance to log on and everything got transferred beautifully.:) I didn't lose anything.

Now, if only I had the time to spend on PT and post pictures....:(

RobiLee
11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I ordered all of my pictures on CDs on Sept. 5th. I finally received them yesterday. It was a total of 9 discs. I haven't had a chance to go through them all yet but so far everything looks good. It took a long time to get them and I'm relieved they are finally here because a lot of the pictures I had there I had lost when my old computer crashed. I will miss imagestation. I thought it was a good and easy site to use. I hate that all of my picture threads will now be missing the pictures :(. Imagestation was my regular photo site and I consider myself a happy customer.

crow_noir
11-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Another online photo hosting option...

I just thought of this last night and it was like a *head-palm* moment. Besides that i don't really go there much any more... Care 2!!! Turns out that they have an awesome photo page and if you're a member you can even leave comments! Completely free. ...Well the other sites probably allow you unlimited number up uploads per month. I think it's 300 on Care2. I tried it last night for the heck of it... I like it so much better than PhotoBucket... Though PB's Navigation is easier. But Care2's upload time is MUCH quicker. That and PB doesn't have a places for long notes or viewer comments. (Then again... I don't think Care2 has a private option/password on the photo album... but i could be wrong. I didn't really play around with it much.)

ChrisH
11-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Got my CD at last! :D

Freckles
11-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Me, too! :)

lizbud
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Glad you guys finally got yours too. :)

Killearn Kitties
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Good news! :D Can we look forward to lots more photos then, girls? :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
ImageStation will be pulling the plug on February 1, 2008 - You need to close out your
account and transfer your photos to Shutterfly BEFORE I.S. closes!

AND - if you paid them to become a MEMBER - you may be entitled to a complete REFUND -
read on >>>

When is the Sony ImageStation service closing?
At midnight January 14, 2008 PST we will shut down the store completely. No CD/DVD archive orders will be accepted after this point.
At midnight February 1, 2008 PST we will delete all remaining images and member data and shut down the servers. Schedule. (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5330)
What do I do now?
We have provided several options for you to choose from:
1. Transfer your photos to the Shutterfly<SUP><SMALL>TM</SMALL></SUP> service. (Includes automatic account closure)
2. Download your images to your own computer.
3. Purchase a CD or DVD archive of you images. (This option no longer available.)
4. Request that your account be closed. (More information regarding this option is below).

You will find detailed explanations of how each of these options work here:
1. Transfer your photos (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5333) to the Shutterfly service. (Includes automatic account closure)
2. Download your images (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5332) to your computer
3. Purchase a Picture Archive (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5334) CD or DVD of your images - (This option no longer available.)
4. Request that your account be closed (http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5335)

I purchased a premium membership. What happens to it?
We will offer refunds to all members who purchased one of our Silver, Gold or Platinum memberships with an expiration date of November 13, 2007 or later. Directions on how to apply for this refund >>>

Go to>>> http://rebate-zone.com/imagestation/
Click on the THIRD Down Offer & Fill out the form.

Will my Premium membership coupons still be valid?
All coupons will be valid until their stated expiration date or until November 12, 2007 whichever is soonest. We will be providing compensation for coupons that expire after November 12, 2007.
Use the Link above; click on the FOURTH Offer down.

I have coupons in my account. What happens to them?
Your coupons will be valid until their stated expiration date or November 12, 2007 whichever is soonest. We will put a compensation program in place for unused coupons remaining in accounts after November 13, 2007.
Use the Link above; click on the FOURTH Offer down.

How do I transfer my photos to Shutterfly?
It’s easy. Sign in to your account and go to the announcement page. (There is a link at the top of every ImageStation page.) Scroll down to the first option: "Transfer your photos to Shutterfly" and follow the prompts.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Above info taken from ImageStation page >>>
http://support.imagestation.com/cgi-bin/sonyimagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5331

slick
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I switched to Shutterfly some time ago and had no problems at all....then again, I only had about 75 pictures to transfer.