PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you just give Snow away.

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I am so mad. I took this offense and now I am so mad at her.

My friend called me the other day asking if I wanted her aunt's cat cause they are giving her away. I told her no because Snow doesn't like anyother cats except Angel. So my friend said "Well, give Snow away. She's old and doesn't play much away. She's no good."

WHAT!?!?!? NO GOOD!!! A CAT NO GOOD!:mad: :mad: :mad: I love Snow and all my other pets more than anything in the world and a friends tells me to give my cat away cause she's 'old' and 'no good!' :mad: Snow is special to me and I love her. I don't care if she wants me to adopt her aunt's cat, I would but Snow doesn't like other cats. I don't care if I move somewhere where we can't have cats, I will NEVER EVER give Snow away!!

Sorry just had to let that out. I am just sooo mad right now!!:mad:

CathyBogart
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
She obviously has no concept of what it is to really love a pet. Dear Snow knows it takes more than playfulness to make a kitty great. :)

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Snow is eight years old so she sleeps most of the day. She still will play once and awhile. My friend never liked any of my cats. She doesn't like Snow because she doesn't play and because she scratched her once. I wouldn't blame Snow, my friend threw a pillow at her! She hates Angel because Angel was always mean to her.

I really don't blame my cats for not liking her. She is mean to them and teases them all the time.

Pawla
09-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I would be mad too! My Squeak doesn't like other animals either. Matter of fact, she doesn't like most people. I would NEVER, and I repeat NEVER bring in something to upset my baby. She is my life, and as long as she's around she'll be an only cat! I totally understand where you're coming from. Could you maybe help to find this cat a home, as I would be scared where they might allow her to go. It seems pretty obvious they do not understand what it is to love a pet like a member of the family! I like Squeak better than some of my family! LOL! :D If you don't mind me asking, how old is your "friend"?

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how old is your "friend"?

She's 13, the same age as me. She goes to my school and we have been friends for almost my whole life. I'm not saying her name because she comes on Pet Talk once and awhile.

critter crazy
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Ugghhhhh.........it truly amazes me sometimes, just how clueless people can be!! I dont even want to thinkof what will happen if her aunts cat dosent find a home soon!:(

Pawla
09-04-2007, 01:59 PM
You don't have to say her name, but you're obviously much more mature than her. Does she have any pets, or should I say any pets she cares about?

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, if you want any pets that she cares about it will her one dog, but she does have another dog (but she likes her younger dog better because he plays more)

Hopefully the cat finds a new home. I was told they took her to the ASPCA a couple days ago.

Pawla
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Sounds as if she will be better off somewhere else. Do you know why they are re-homing her?

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, I was told (I'm not sure if it is true since my "friend" lies to me alot) that her aunt's daughter is allergic to cats.

Pawla
09-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I do hope she finds a furrever home soon! I hope it will be one filled with lots of love, and people who appreciate her.

Kalei
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I completely agree with you. Lots of people always ask why I just don't put Bobo down, because he is 15 now and all his life has had a snotting problem. But those people just have no idea what it is to love a cat like your own kid. And being 15 years old, Bobo is still young looking, he will play with me and shows lots of health and energy. I think its a sin to put an animal down just because its old, if its healthy then why put it down?

Maybe sometime you can teach your friend a good lesson.

Pawla
09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I completely agree with you. Lots of people always ask why I just don't put Bobo down, because he is 15 now and all his life has had a snotting problem. But those people just have no idea what it is to love a cat like your own kid. And being 15 years old, Bobo is still young looking, he will play with me and shows lots of health and energy. I think its a sin to put an animal down just because its old, if its healthy then why put it down?

I'd like to put idiots down that ask stupid questions like that! :mad: The world would be a much nicer place!

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 04:17 PM

I just hate it when people think animals should be put to sleep because of their age. It's so sad.

Kalei
09-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I always get pretty upset with them, just because a cat is at a senior age doesn't mean its anywhere near to dying or suffereing. My Bobo is so perfectly healthy that whenever someone comes in our house they think he is 9. I feel so sorry for any cat out there that is put down just because its older.:(

catmandu
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
AS MY FOUND CATS MATURE I LOVE THEM EVENMORE NOT LESS AS THEY ARE UNQUE CREATURES OF GOD AND MORE THAN THAT WE ARE FRIENDS AND YOU DONT STOP LOVING YOUR FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY ARE NO LONGER YOUNG.
I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THESE PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THAT EXCEPT A CAT TO THEM IS JUST A PET.
I WPOLD LOVE TO TAKE ANOTHER OLDER CAT LIKE SNOW IN, I BET SNOW WOULD BE CURLING IN A CAT PILE AMOST AT ONCE.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/Scan10202.jpg
ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGEL.

Medusa
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Find a new friend. At 13, if she hasn't developed empathy by now, she never will.

moosmom
09-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Your aunt's daughter suddenly is allergic to their 8 year old cat??? Yeah right. I hope that poor cats gets a good home.

KittyGurl
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Your aunt's daughter suddenly is allergic to their 8 year old cat??? Yeah right. I hope that poor cats gets a good home.

That's why I wrote it might not be true. I was told that though.

catfamily
09-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I agree with Madusa
Your better off finding a new friend with more feelings toward life.
Or...you can sit down with her and have a long kind chat with her about how important it is to care for an older cat just like it is your grandparents.
The older/sicker cats need us the most.Of course kittens are super fragile and need extra care but she needs a good learning conversation.
Teach her how important cats need daily water so they don't get dehydrated and die and so on.

Catty1
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Take her on a visit to your Humane or SPCA, and have someone there explain how many cats need homes, and WHY.

IE some of the excuses people use.... ;)

Anikaca77
09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Well I hear that cats can sense if someone does not like them. I trust that.

You do have every right to be mad at your friend.

Don Juan's mom
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Believe it or not, it is possible. I have a pollen allergy that I didn't develop until I was in college. But there are remedies short of giving away the cat. :(

Liz