PDA

View Full Version : Well, he's a keeper.

lute
09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, I always heard Pitties tend to love and snuggle their ways into your heart. I guess we fell for it. Brick is staying with us. Ever since my mom had her miscarriage she has these random pains. She had another one this morning. Brick climbed up into bed with her and laid his head on her belly so gently and snuggled her until she fell asleep. That's was sold us on him. He's just too much of a sweetie to let go.

Me and Brick. Right after we decided he's a stayin!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/Picture.jpg

CathyBogart
09-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Congratulations Brick! You wiggled your way into the right fur-ever home! But you already knew that, didn't you?

Hellow
09-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Congrats brick! You just won an one-way ticket to Dog Heaven on Earth! I hope you like it in your new home!

Suki Wingy
09-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Ooh what a lucky (and cute) pupper!

buttercup132
09-04-2007, 01:44 PM
I saw the title and new it was going to be you saying he was a keeper.:D Yay I'm so happy yuor keeping him.

critter crazy
09-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Yay!!! Congrats Brick!! I am so happy to hear that he is staying, what a sweetie!! That is just fabulous News!!:)

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I am so happy you are keeping Brick and Brick must be happy too! Congrats on the new addition. He is a sweet heart!

cassiesmom
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Stupid question from me: your other thread mentioned Rally puppy - do you have two pupsters at your house? Brick is very handsome with his red and white coat!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=132970 <-- other thread

Lady's Human
09-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Lucky doggy! (Cute, too. How could anyone resist that face!)

Husky_mom
09-04-2007, 02:48 PM
yay!!!....... not only lucky him, but lucky you and us too!! :D

what a sweetie!!..... he sure has that "you-canīt-live-without-me" look on his face...... congrats Brick!!

Alysser
09-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Congratulations, Lute!! :D

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!!! He is beautiful. I had a feeling when I saw the first post about him being rescued he had found his furever home.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! :) :) :)

Taz_Zoee
09-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Awww, this made me have LES a little. :)
Well, here is the official Welcome to PT Brick!! :D :D

Danegirl2208
09-04-2007, 06:21 PM
hehe I told you ;) Pit bulls certainly have that special way about them. I'm so glad he has found a great home with you.

Freedom
09-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh my I can't decide who is luckiest: you and our family, or Brick! Yippee, Hi Brick, welcome to PT!

animal_rescue
09-04-2007, 07:06 PM
AWWW Congrats Brick on a wonderful new family!! :D

lute
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Stupid question from me: your other thread mentioned Rally puppy - do you have two pupsters at your house? Brick is very handsome with his red and white coat!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=132970 <-- other thread
Not a stupid question. I really havn't talked a lot about Rally. Rally is a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix puppy that I found at a Rally's drive through. We had planned on keeping her, but with my job and her endless energy we really can't give her the exersize she needs. A puppy was not for us at the moment. Brick is already housebroken and knows basic commands. He'd be happier here than Rally would be.

luvofallhorses
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Aww. Congratulations Brick! :) just so you know, pitties have a lot of energy too and he's going to need lots of exercise too. they need both physical and mental stimulation. they're wonderful dogs as you know but you will have to excercise him a lot, too. he's such a handsome boy. I just love him. :D and you need to invest in a crate because you are never supposed to leave a pittie with other dogs unattended no matter how good they get along.
:)

crow_noir
09-04-2007, 08:56 PM
OMG you got me all sniffly now. What a special boy Brick is!

cyber-sibes
09-04-2007, 09:40 PM
What great news! He just looks so sweet, and he looks like he know he's "home"! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, that is just heartbreaking. Please give her my sympathies & a big (((hug)))

ratdogg
09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
hey thats great you are keeping him! I'm glad that shovel wielding schmuck never got a chance to whack him.

cassiesmom
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Lute, how is Brick today? Do you still have Rally staying with you? (I'd still like to clonk the fellow with the shovel who made the nasty remark. Just wait till he sees Brick happy and healthy. Take that, you meanie.)

lute
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
luvofallhorses- I'm fully aware that Brick is going to need his excersize too. Just not as much as Rally does. She has two high energy breeds in her. Just too much for me to handle in a puppy right now. We don't leave any of the dogs unattended, besides Gracie and Beanie. Brick is still learning the ropes around here and we aren't taking any chnaces because the breed does have a history of being dog aggressive.

cyber-sibes, my mom says thank you.

cassiesmom, Brick is doing just fine today. He's sleeping with his rawhide chew. We already have a nightly routine. He sleeps in my room. We start out with him on the floor or on the bed next to me. By morning I am using him as a pillow because he's using mine and my blanket is wadded up under him. :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
09-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Why am I not surprised? :D Congratulations!

lute
09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Brick is getting the big snip and his tail dock on the 12th.

critter crazy
09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Brick is getting the big snip and his tail dock on the 12th.
Just out of curiosity, why is he getting his tail docked?

luvofallhorses
09-05-2007, 07:21 PM
She said because it looks like his tail has been broken in a few places and knowing pits and their wiggle butts she is afraid he'll break it again. did the vet suggest you amputate it?

Okay I don't want to sound like a "know it all" and that isn't my intention.
but he would be getting his tail amputated; not docked. Docking is something you do intentionally; amputating is something you do if you have to but you don't intentionally want their tail docked. Does that make sense? :)

critter crazy
09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
She said because it looks like his tail has been broken in a few places and knowing pits and their wiggle butts she is afraid he'll break it again. did the vet suggest you amputate it?

Okay I don't want to sound like a "know it all" but he would be getting his tail amputated; not docked. Docking is something you do intentionally; amputating is something you do if you have to but you don't intentionally want their tail docked. Does that make sense? :)

Oh Okay, it did seem odd that she would dock a pitties tail, but I just had to ask.:)

luvofallhorses
09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I just would get a second opinion before you do it. if the vet thinks it's nesseccary, then go for it.

lute
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Ah, ic about the docking and amputating. Thanks for straightening that one out.

As for the second opinion, Luckily I work for two vets that have two totally different morals in life. (That can sometimes get crazy at work.hehe). They both said it would probably be a wise choice to amputate his tail. To prevent the pain of him busting the end again. I really didn't want to get his tail amputated simply because he is such a happy boy and I love how crazy his tail gets to goin when he first sees me home from work, but at the same time that cute crazy wagging is our problem.

crow_noir
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, rather than doing a full amputation and taking it down to being a nub, you could probably leave something a bit longer. Like 1/2' of tail.* I've seen that done before. The dog still gets to have a tail, and no longer busts it. People (including vets) tend to forget that it doesn't have to be a full docking.

Would that be an option with this dog?

----

* Usually about 1/3 length of dog's original tail length.

lute
09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Well, rather than doing a full amputation and taking it down to being a nub, you could probably leave something a bit longer. Like 1/2' of tail.* I've seen that done before. The dog still gets to have a tail, and no longer busts it. People (including vets) tend to forget that it doesn't have to be a full docking.

Would that be an option with this dog?

----

* Usually about 1/3 length of dog's original tail length.

hmmm...I hadn't thought of that. I'll ask the vet tomorrow and see what he thinks.

kimlovescats
11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
That's wonderful news! Great picture of the two of you!

Kim