PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Tuscan

catnapper
09-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I noticed Tuscan drinks and drinks and drinks. I thought t hat maybe there is an underlying medical reason why he would be thin. I took him to the vet this morning. Depsite eating like a champion (and MORE than my guys do in a day) he LOST nearly 1 pound :eek: :eek:

The vet is concerned he might have diabetes or a kidney issue that went undiagnosed all his life. I'm very concerned for my sweet foster. Yes, he's still my foster... nobody else in the rescue has room for him so he's still in my son's room til further notice.

The vet said he's a very jumpy kitty (I thought he was confident! :confused: ) and perhaps he's misreading my cats' actions and jumping on them. So when I get him back from the vet, I will let him investigate each room without my kitties until he feel confident and at home in each room. I'll take it s-l-o-w so that when I re-introduce my gang he won't feel anxious. My gang was accepting him very well... it was Tuscan who reacted to them.

Anyhow, please get those PT prayers going for my handsome underweight orange foster. I hate to think he might have a serious illness.

moosmom
09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Kim,

I do hope it's nothing serious. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Poor baby.

Felicia's Mom
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Tuscan is in my prayers.

Catty1
09-04-2007, 11:37 AM
MAJOR prayers that he is ok! Get better, dear Tuscan!

Kalei
09-04-2007, 12:08 PM
:( Poor Tuscan, I surely hope that its not diabetes that Tuscan has. My cousin had a cat once and it had diabetes, and it didn't end well, its such a hard illness for a cat to survive.

BUT of course our PT prayers will be at work and I know Tuscan will be alright:)

Catty1
09-04-2007, 12:39 PM
IF he DOES have diabetes, PM Smokey the Elder. He has handled this and done just fine.

I personally know two people with a diabetic cat - and they take their shots well! It doesn't have to be an expensive proposition either!

And a kidney condition can be managed as well.

Might it be his thyroid too?

Prayers that all works out well for you and this lovable boy! :)

cassiesmom
09-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Fingers and paws crossed!

Hellow
09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Fingers and pawz, BIG & small, crossed!!!

Medusa
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I've not had experience w/diabetes but kidney problems, oh yeah. If it's kidneys, it's a situation that can be handled w/little or no difficulty. Prayers going out that all is well for Tuscan......

jazzcat
09-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Prayers on the way.

jenluckenbach
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Prayers for Mr T.

Hopefully the tests will show something that can then be treated.

Queen of Poop
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Prayers for Tuscan!!

critter crazy
09-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Definite prayers for Tuscan!

catmandu
09-04-2007, 06:06 PM
We Are Praying For Poor Tuscan As It Would Be Tragic If He Was To Be Ill Just When He Found His Furr Ever Home.
We Are Praying That Its Nothing That Your Vet Cannot Fix.

kb2yjx
09-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Please have your vet check Tuscan out for hyperthyroid!!! Prayers for healing....

Freedom
09-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Hyperthyroid was my first thought as well; two of my cats have had that.

Best wishes for an easy solution, Tuscan!

catnapper
09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I asked about thyroid and she said its VERY rare for a cat under 6 years old to have it but she'll check since he's a rescue and we only have the past owner's word that he's 3.

He's ready to come home from the vet, but I couldn't pick him up tonight, so he's spending the evening at the white coats.

I'm really worried about my handsome boy. He's such a sweet boy and now I fear he was abused based upon what the vet said about his skittishness and his eye..... he has no eye infection, rather, he has a sunken eye like he had a serious injury. Based on that and how the past owner tossed him out for simply scratching the jerk.... I wouldn't be surprised to hear he was abused.

jennielynn1970
09-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Awe... the poor boy!! Imagine what a coward it takes to abuse an animal as sweet and innocent as that cat... that guy is such a loser.

I was trying to figure out a way to trade foster cats with you, but I don't think there is anyone here that would fit in your place... well, Calloway would, but you wouldn't like him... (I keep telling myself that, cause I adore him!).

Furbee hates everyone and would live in the basement if I let her.
Sassy gets upset if he gets picked on.
Ally beats everyone up.
Frankie is FIV+.
Calloway... well, he's not available right now, lol.

I wish I could help more, but I'm not even home enough to watch over a sick cat either. :(

AbbyMom
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Prayers on the way for Tuscan....

catnapper
09-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, he's back "home" and very upset at me. First thing he did when I let him out of the carrier is head for the drinking dish. Sigh.

The vet said the lab tests are delayed but she'll call me when they come in. I'm nervously awaiting the results. I just feel they are not something I want to hear. I did promise to take him and foster him as long as I need to... I'll keep that promise and work with my guys to accept him and him to accept my guys. Its all got to work out eventually, right? :(

Catty1
09-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Kim - whatever it is will be manageable. And if some treatment also settles his 'nerves' a bit - if he is feeling unwell, that would affect his mood - he will adjust better.

Obviously there was a time when he and Pouncer got along for a bit...one cat at a time. Your idea to take him to all the rooms on his own without the other cats sounds like a good one.

Prayers for you and beautiful Tuscan!

PS How is Pouncer?

catfamily
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Good Luck Kim.I hope he isn't too sick.Everything cost so much money :(
Extra prayers being said.I hope he feels better soon so he can be happy.Noone is happy when their not feeling well.

catnapper
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I really hope things work out with my guys and Tuscan. I had him in my room while I got ready for work. I thought it was just Tuscan and me, but it turns out Allen and Flutter also kept us company. Allen did some major hissing but Tuscan didn't jump him. Flutter just watched from the sidelines. Tuscan had a ball climbing the cat trees and getting high on catnip. I felt guilty when I picked him up and returned him to his isolation chamber. I'm just going to take it painfully slow so he has time to adjust.

As for Pouncer... I have no idea how he is. I only spotted one pee incident. Maybe I caught it in time? He hasn't been doing his litterbox dance going from one box to the next. He DID growl at me yesterday when I went to rub his tummy..... but it could be that he was enjoying the sunny spot and wanted to be left alone. He greedily ate the treats I offered him as compensation. I know he doesn't want treats when he's sick.

catnapper
09-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Prayers worked!!!!!

He's fine - and the vet said she was surprised about that, she really expected something to come back with the urine test. I have to feed him kitten food til he explodes :D

And the best news? Someone inquired about him tonight on his petfinder page! He might have a home!!!!!

catfamily
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
This is fantastic news Kim.I'm so happy for you and him. :)

Catty1
09-05-2007, 09:58 PM
YAAY! How wonderful! Did the vet have any idea why he was drinking so much? Maybe just because he needs to pack on some weight?

Great news all around! :D

rg_girlca
09-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Oh Kim, I am so happy to hear that Tuscan is okay and pray that this person who inquired about him, can see, what we see. A gorgeous, lovable ball of fluff. :D

columbine
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Huzzah on all counts! And Prrrrrrrr and a tail wiggle and belly flash besides! (I'll let Smudge handle the stage directions.) (Oh, OK, how about "Zzzzzzzz?")

Love, Columbine

orangemm
09-06-2007, 04:05 AM
What a relief for Tuscan and YOU! (and us, too!!)

Glad he got a clean bill of health; maybe he was just extra-thirsty? Now you have to "beef him up"!

That's great that someone is interested in him.

jenluckenbach
09-06-2007, 05:11 AM
Excellent news, all around. :)

smokey the elder
09-06-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm really glad he's not diabetic or anything. Good luck with the precious guy.

Medusa
09-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Yay! Looking forward to hearing about his possible new home.

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
This is excellent news Kim!!!:D