PDA

View Full Version : Mother Had No Clue

lizbud
09-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I think this is very strange that this mother had no idea that her
daughter was being abused for years. Did they never talk at all?

Police: Man Molested Girlfriend's Daughter
Mother Claims Not To Have Known

POSTED: 4:41 pm EDT September 2, 2007
UPDATED: 4:55 pm EDT September 2, 2007

TIPTON, Ind. -- A man is arrested in Tipton County after he was accused engaging in sexual misconduct with his girlfriend's daughter over a three-year period.

Police said Jimmie Wayne Allen, 44, of Logansport, had been hiding for more than a month in a Miami County home before a tip led police to arrest him on Thursday.

Investigators said the child, who was 12 at the time, was molested for three years while living with Allen and her mother.

The girl's mother told police that she wasn't aware of sexual misconduct involving her daughter.

Police said their investigation began in May 2007.

Allen is being held on $500,000 bond and has a warrant on a total 24 felony counts of child molesting and criminal deviate conduct.

jackie
09-03-2007, 05:15 PM
:( How sad.

I think a lot of of children are good at hiding things that make them feel ashamed, or parents are good at turning a blind eye to things they don't want to see.

critter crazy
09-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I think this is very strange that this mother had no idea that her
daughter was being abused for years. Did they never talk at all?

It is not strange at all. Especially if the girl was threatened. It happens everyday, as sad as it is. :(

Catty1
09-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Yep, molesters lie...she might have been told something like "If you tell your mom, she won't love you any more and will send you away" crap like that.

Poor kid. I hope the mom DUMPED the creep! :mad:

CathyBogart
09-03-2007, 08:12 PM
It took me three years to tell my parents anything that happened with my grandfather - they had no idea.

lizbud
09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
I am sorry if I touched on a sensitive subject. Maybe i'm being unrealistic
in thinking this child would have shown by a change in her behavior or
moodiness & that might be a tipoff of underlying problems that had not
been expressed. I guess it would depend on the individual child. :confused:

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
A lot spouses in abuse cases ignore warning signs, and even ignore the child making abuse claims because they feel that such a thing couldn't possibly happen to them. Its a sad cycle, especially if the abuse is being done by someone that is suposed to be a trusted member of a family.

Ive known a lot of people that have gone through similar types of abuse. Its very sad because usually the person ends up losing a lot of trust in people

rg_girlca
09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
What gets me, is when the mother has no clue, but then is told about the abuse and STILL stays with the husband. "Please don't do that again dear, it's not nice."

After all, she wouldn't want to put a kabosh on her "perfect" little family.

I pray this child gets some professional help, because believe me, it will be with her for the rest of her life.