PDA

View Full Version : Tigger Pictures!! (2 Year Old Male cat from Hubbard Ohio)

Anikaca77
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Well as many of you know I went to get Tigger this weekend and so here are a few pictures of the little guy.

I'm going to have to format some of these pictures so I can get them to attach but I will do that first thing in the morning when I get to work. Sorry.

Melissa

Kalei
09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Aw Tigger is beautiful, I am so happy that you were able to give him a great home:D

phesina
09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Oh, how sweeeeeeet...

So glad he's safe now!

catmandu
09-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Tiggers Such A Lucky Cat To Have Beaten The Odds And Now Has A Happy Furr Ever Home With A Wonderful Loving Guardian.
Bless You For Rescuing That Happy Cat. We Love To Hear Happy Endings Here.

Anikaca77
09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Yes I can't wait to show the rest of my pictures. He's very special although we tried to get him to play and he doesn't seem really interested. I'm not sure if the owners ever played with him. He seems to like being petted but when I pick him up he wants to be put down so we are trying to just be slow with him for now:)

Melissa

Anikaca77
09-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Here are the pictures I promised. This morning he was talking up a storm. He's being such a good boy. :D
I'll try to get some more pictures but I'm not sure how happy he will be once I take him to the vets this afternoon.

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 08:09 AM
He is adorable. So glad you gave him a safe home. Tigger looks like a happy kitten. He is gorgous! Thanks for sharing!

phesina
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Wonderful pictures!

Anikaca77
09-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I just got back from the vets a little bit ago and he did so well, well except the car ride he liked to talk but other than that he did so well at the vets I was so pleased with how good he behaved.

Well now to the good stuff.

He's 8 lbs. which the vet said that he looks good he could gain a pound or two but she said she does not think he is underweight like I thought he was.

Since I put revolution on him she said that any fleas he had should go away, which I haven't seen any *YEAH* also she cleaned out his ears and he smelled so minty afterwards.

And for the best news His FELV and FIV test turned out NEGATIVE!!!!!!

So we are good to go and tomorrow morning I will be dropping him off at the vets at 7:30 a.m. so that he will be fixed and he will also be given his shots and nail clipping too.

Well that's all for now and he's wanting attention I'm so pleased with how he is doing.

Melissa

Catty1
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
YAAY! Lovely Tigger, you are all healthy. Your only chore will be EATING...hope you are ready to work hard at it! :D

Give him scritchies for me!

jennielynn1970
09-04-2007, 07:46 PM
It looks like he has a floofy tail??!! I love the marking across his nose! Adorable! He should get lots of looks at PetSmart when I can get him there!

phesina
09-04-2007, 09:22 PM
What wonderful news for a cat who deserves every bit of it! Hooray for Tigger!

rg_girlca
09-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Oh Melissa, he is absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!!!!

What a sweet face. I am sooooo happy to hear how well he did at the vets and his tests were negative.

Here's to you Tigger, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/1026.gif that you find a new loving forever home very soon. You so deserve it. :)

Good luck with your surgery fella.

Anikaca77
09-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Well today is the day for Tigger to get fixed. He's not happy about his food being gone but he will get it back when he comes back.

I'll keep you all updated once I hear from the vets.

Thanks,
Melissa

Pom mommy
09-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I think Tigger is gorgeous and such a lucky boy to have you.

momtomany
09-05-2007, 11:25 AM
What an extraordinarily handsome face. Good luck on your surgery today and maybe when you feel better and eating, can have some treats. :D

Anikaca77
09-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Well I just called about Tigger and he is just now waking up and trying to sit up.

Poor little guy...they did say they found some tapeworms around his butt. So they gave him an injection for that.

Poor baby. I'm going to be picking him up around 5:45 p.m. so he will be well rested and probably ready for some food by the time we get home.

rg_girlca
09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I am so happy to hear that he is doing well, but they will tell you to only let him have some water when he gets home, no food. I always gave mine a little bit of wet food about 4-5 hours later and the next day, went back to their regular feeding.

Please give him some healing kisses for me. :D

Anikaca77
09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
My vet that I took all of my other animals too never said anything about that she just told me they would be tired and they will probably want to sleep most of the night which they usually ended up doing but I always put the food out.

I hope I wasn't wrong in doing so.

I am so happy to hear that he is doing well, but they will tell you to only let him have some water when he gets home, no food. I always gave mine a little bit of wet food about 4-5 hours later and the next day, went back to their regular feeding.

Please give him some healing kisses for me. :D

dukedogsmom
09-05-2007, 04:01 PM
What a sweet kitty! I wish I could be there to make him purr. Glad to hear he's doing well.

rg_girlca
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
My vet that I took all of my other animals too never said anything about that she just told me they would be tired and they will probably want to sleep most of the night which they usually ended up doing but I always put the food out.

I hope I wasn't wrong in doing so.

Melissa, I am not saying you did the wrong thing. It's just that after all 6 of my boys were neutered and even when the females were spayed, I was told when I went to get them, not to give them food that night, just water. They said because they could be sick from the anesthetic. Maybe each vet is different in their decisions on this.

Yes, they do sleep for a few hours, but with the boys, before I went to bed, they were up and running around like nothing happened to them. That's why I gave them just a little bit of wet food before I went to bed, to help ease their hunger.

Anikaca77
09-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Well Tigger made is through the night just fine. This morning he's doing just fine.

Thank you all for your prays and hopefully this weekend he will be able to join Jenn in Allentown.

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Tigger got a clean bill of health and that his neutering went well.:) Thanks so much for helping this sweet little guy.:) I'm sure he'll have no problems finding his new loving forever home. Please continue to keep us updated about him.:)

Anikaca77
09-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Well today I'm going to be taking Tigger to Allentown so he can stay with Jenn.

I'm really going to miss him :( I want to keep him so bad but with 6 cats already I just can't. I know it's best for Tigger and my guys as well.

I'm just so sad about it and I didn't think I'd feel this way. I thought I knew the situation going into this that Tigger was just temporary and that's it but man why is it hurting so bad.

I'm sitting crying at 6:27 a.m. and I have to leave here by 7 a.m. so that way I can meet Jenn in Allentown at about 10 a.m. so give Tigger to her.

I'm going to miss him so much.

jennielynn1970
09-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, Tigger is here in Allentown! He is a sweet boy! He's sniffing around the room I put him in. It's my "library" room, and has all my book shelves and things in it. There's tons of shelves to lounge on, there are two windows to recline in, and a big comfy office chair that is in there as well. There isn't any AC in the room, but I do have a big fan in there to catch some air between the windows. If he warms up to me, I'll see about letting him in my bedroom for a bit as well (where there is AC!), or up with Sassy on the 3rd floor. I just want to keep him isolated for a bit to make sure he has no tapeworms left, and no fleas either!

Will get some pics of him later on. He is very pretty, with medium length hair and a floofy tail. I definitely think he needs to gain weight, I totally agree with Melissa on that one! He looks really young.... like a maine coon that isn't totally developed into it's coat yet. I don't think I would have thought him to be 2 years old yet.

Gonna go check on the newbie... will give more details later!!

PS.. It was great to meet you Melissa!! Did you and your mom do anything fun while here in Allentown??

catmandu
09-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I Have Never Found That My Cats Who Come Out Of Surgery Want To Rest At All.
They Want To Run And Play. Michael Was Waeving A Bit From His Dental But Would He Sit Down Like A Good Cat?

Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
We Are Praying So Very Hard For Tigger.
To Me He Has A Little Moose In Him.

rg_girlca
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm happy to hear that everything went well and sweet Tigger is doing okay. I can't wait to see more pictures of him. :)

Medusa
09-08-2007, 06:13 PM
It's never easy to part w/a furkid. I cried so hard when I found homes for the outdoor kitties that I used to take care of. But it was for the best and now when I think about them, I smile instead of cry. And you will, too. Plus you can talk to Jenn or email back and forth. Prayers to you and Tigger and Jenn.

krazyaboutkatz
09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm glad to hear that Tigger made it to Jenn's without any problems. He sure sounds like a sweetheart. I look forward to seeing many pictures of him.:)

phesina
09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Wonderful news. Thank you, Melissa and Jenn and Tigger!

Anikaca77
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Well it's now 9:40 p.m. I got home about 8:30 p.m. and it was pretty long day. Jenn it was very nice to meet you as well.

Tigger really is such a sweet boy and I'm going to miss him it seems so weird to walk into the bathroom and not hear his meow.

I'm so glad he's doing well there too. After we left Dunkin Donuts I cried of course but I felt very comfortable with you taking him so thank you so much. I appreciate all that you are going to do and doing now for me and Tigger.

My brother ended up working in the morning so I ended up going to Cabelos because my sister lives there and then we ran out to Reading so the shopping centers and I just did some window shopping.

Although, I did end up getting some free foundation.

Thank you again Jenn and my husband gives his thanks as well and I'm sure Tigger does.

Bless you, and give Tigger a pet for me.

Melissa

Well, Tigger is here in Allentown! He is a sweet boy! He's sniffing around the room I put him in. It's my "library" room, and has all my book shelves and things in it. There's tons of shelves to lounge on, there are two windows to recline in, and a big comfy office chair that is in there as well. There isn't any AC in the room, but I do have a big fan in there to catch some air between the windows. If he warms up to me, I'll see about letting him in my bedroom for a bit as well (where there is AC!), or up with Sassy on the 3rd floor. I just want to keep him isolated for a bit to make sure he has no tapeworms left, and no fleas either!

Will get some pics of him later on. He is very pretty, with medium length hair and a floofy tail. I definitely think he needs to gain weight, I totally agree with Melissa on that one! He looks really young.... like a maine coon that isn't totally developed into it's coat yet. I don't think I would have thought him to be 2 years old yet.

Gonna go check on the newbie... will give more details later!!

PS.. It was great to meet you Melissa!! Did you and your mom do anything fun while here in Allentown??

Anikaca77
09-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Thank you again without your donation I would not have been able to take him to Allentown or get him fixed and all that.

I'm happy to hear to hear that everything went well and sweet Tigger is doing okay. I can't wait to see more pictures of him. :)

jennielynn1970
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Ok, so now that Tigger is a 1x1 kitty, I was told I need to modify his name cause we've had Tiggers and Tiggys and even a Tigger Tom.

I'm not really sure what to rename him, or how to modify his name. Ideas Melissa??. He's such a cutie... I was actually thinking Christopher Robin (as in Winnie the Pooh and Tigger...). Not sure if that was taken yet or not.

Anikaca77
09-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Well I think he responds really well to Tigger and Tiggie, Tiggy Tiggys.

What do you think about any of those...we use to call him here Tiggie or Tiggy Tiggies.

Here are just some suggestions though: Orion, Apollo, Rocky

Let me know,

Thanks again,
Melissa

Ok, so now that Tigger is a 1x1 kitty, I was told I need to modify his name cause we've had Tiggers and Tiggys and even a Tigger Tom.

I'm not really sure what to rename him, or how to modify his name. Ideas Melissa??. He's such a cutie... I was actually thinking Christopher Robin (as in Winnie the Pooh and Tigger...). Not sure if that was taken yet or not.

jennielynn1970
09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I think it just needs to be changed for PetFinder. I think I'm still going to call him Tigger or Tiggy. I don't see why I need to confuse the poor guy more than he's already been confused.

I think we've had all those names you mentioned before... I knew we have an Apollo right now.

kimlovescats
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Great job, Ladies! Be happy little guy!