PDA

View Full Version : Our first trip to the dog park!

Scooter's Mom
09-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone!
Yesterday morning we met a friend at a dog park. We took Jadie & Oreo and he took his two doggies. One is a newfie/chesapeake bay retriever mix and the other is a pure choc. lab. They're gorgeous boys! No pics were taken though... you'll see why :(

About 10 minutes in, the lab ran into my left leg right at the back of my knee... swiping it out from under me. The force made me twist and my right knee came out from under me, too. The next thing I knew, I was flat on my back. I smacked my head... and in the process somehow tried to block my fall with my left hand. And, yep... broke the wrist.

One visit to the dog park - free except for the visit to the ER and medication to go along with it.

I think we'll take them back to the dog park, I just need to plan for zooming happy dogs!! Poor guy didn't mean to knock me on my butt, he was just running around. lol, guess I was the largest target.

inlovewithanimals
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
omg hope your rist heals up nice!!!!

Justin and the furry and feathery friends!

crow_noir
09-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow, the PT crew sure has had a run of bad luck lately.

Hope you get well soon.

Yikes, and I was complaining about the leash burn i got last night. I think if i hadn't let go I would have had to get stitches. I'll take the leash burn over a broken wrist any day!

Catty1
09-03-2007, 11:26 PM
OWWWW! Your poor wrist AND head!

I hope you have decent painkillers and you feel better soon!

HUGS!

elizabethann
09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Ouch! That happened to me at a dog park. These dogs were running and they ran smack dab in the back of my right knee. Luckily :rolleyes: I weigh a ton so I didn't fall. But I should have...because my knee was killing me for weeks after that.

Sorry about your wrist. I guess you should stay along the edges the next time (like I do now).

lute
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM
OUCH!!! Poor thing! Silly dog! Hopefully your next dog park visit won't be so...painful.

critter crazy
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Ouch!! A friend of mine just broke her wrist as well, but she did it so bad, they had to place a metal rod in her arm. I sure hope you heal quickly!!

KYS
09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh my goodness,
What a 1st experience for you at the dog park.
Fast healing wishes.

Alysser
09-04-2007, 08:19 PM
OUCH!! Sorry to hear that. I hope your wrist heals up soon.