PDA

View Full Version : Are you poor - but need a new computer?

Randi
09-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Are you poor and feeling terrible without a computer? Do what this Swedish woman did! :D

She could not afford to buy a computer for her teenage kids, so she put an add in the local paper and offered to swap 100 homebaked rolls for a computer. Four guys in a computer company in Stochholm was tempted and gave her a 3 year old computer for the 100 rolls. They e-mailed around to everyone in the company to tell they had freshly baked rolls - they were gone in half an hour. :p

The woman had spent less than $20 on the ingredients. :)

lizbud
09-03-2007, 09:05 AM
That woman might have been poor money wise, but she was rich in
imagination & that's what is needed to get ahead in the world.Good for
her. :)

Lady's Human
09-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I wish there were more people like her.

Hellow
09-03-2007, 09:14 AM
That woman might have been poor money wise, but she was rich in
imagination & that's what is needed to get ahead in the world.Good for
her. :)

Exactly! I wish everyone in this world had that but they dont....

Bengalz
09-03-2007, 09:26 AM
What a wise and resourceful woman! She may even be able to get some tech support if she keeps supplying the computer guys with fresh rolls. Excellent story :D

Randi
09-03-2007, 09:41 AM
She may even be able to get some tech support if she keeps supplying the computer guys with fresh rolls. :D
Yes, that's what I thought too! :D

It really was a great idea, and you can swap with lots of things - your imagination is the only limit. ;)

Catty1
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
The swap is a great idea...I also got free computers for a place I volunteered by calling larger companies to see if they had upgraded computers lately. They usually had a few old ones just sitting around.

In Calgary, there are a few small oil and gas companies bought out by big ones...so keeping an eye on the business news is a good source of free computer info! :)

(I can't bake worth a darn, so I have to scrounge...)

Miss Z
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
People like her go far in life. Best of luck to her and her family. :)

This is pretty interesting too, not sure if everyone's seen it before.

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

gini
09-03-2007, 12:15 PM
What a great idea - and why do I think that those rolls must have been very yummy?

Hellow
09-03-2007, 12:37 PM
What a great idea - and why do I think that those rolls must have been very yummy?
Ok, now you are starting to make me hungry!!! LOL

cali
09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
This is pretty interesting too, not sure if everyone's seen it before.

uh yes, the infamous red paperclip! Kipling is right near me, so we STILL hear about it lol. that thing put Kipling on the map, hardly anyone knew it existed before that :p

Randi
09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Miss Z, that is an amazing story!! :eek: :D