PDA

View Full Version : Going to see America in concert....

carole
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I am so darn excited i can hardly contain myself, this is pure nostalgia for me, i last saw them perform in 1976 in provo utah, they did come down under to NZ a few years back and i was gutted i could not afford to go.

They are not coming to my city, but i will need to travel to rotorua about an hour and half away, i have real trouble planning anything because of health issues, but i am taking the risk this time, concert is not until dec 14th,but i got the tickets now as we are third row from the front, could have been in first row if i wanted, but too close for my liking.

However i heard the advert on the tv last night with them singing, and i have to say i was kinda disappointed, they sounded not good at all to me,like they really are past performing, only two original guys in the band, one that i used to like the blonde one with glasses,i was only 18 at the time and i guess they were around the same age or nearabouts looking at them, i just hope the live performance is better than the advert or i will be extremely disappointed.

Anyhow i am so looking forward to it, its my early 50th birthday pressie to myself,we might even stay a night if my son can come down and stay with melissa and take care of the kitties.

Twisterdog
09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
I saw them here at the fair a few years ago. They were great. I love America. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2007, 02:20 AM
That is a nice thing to have to look forward to. I hope you enjoy it.

I saw them once, I wonder if was '76 then? :eek: Good grief. Poco were the support, they were really who I was there to see. I loved them.

Freedom
09-03-2007, 09:21 AM
**knocks self on head** I read your title and thought you were COMING to America to see a concert, and had to open the thread to see who you were traveling so far to see!

I like their music, too.

carole
09-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey freedom, that is exactly what i did all those years ago, came to America and saw America play live, wasn't intentional though, they just happened to be in concert where i was at the time.

I see Dan Peek actually left the band a year later and it has only been Gerry and Dewey for all these years, Gerry was a hottie to me in those days, and the one i was mad about, lol, actually in the tv ad they sing a different song every time and the last two sounded awesome, and from what you say Twisterdog they are still great, so that is good to hear, they are now 52.54. and 57 yrs old, not much older than myself, so i am sure they can still stand the pace and put on a jolly good show.

Heres a pic, some nostalgia for some of you, see wasn't gerry cute? Did you know all guys had british mothers and american fathers.