PDA

View Full Version : Where does your cat eat?

Former User
07-31-2002, 10:20 AM
Just curious where everyone's cats are eating? Ours eat in their own little spot, half in the kitchen, half in the dining area.

How about yours?

Logan
07-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Mine have to eat in a raised place due to the dogs loving cat food. They eat on a end of the kitchen counter (far away from where we prepare food). Mimi has her own "booster" chair to help her make the jump from the floor to the counter since she can't quite make it on her own anymore. :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Edwina free feeds from her dish on the floor in the breakfast room. As for the treats her poppa gives her -- turkey and tuna I'll blush as I admit she is served from the table in the breakfast room (but she has an assigned placemat!)

aly
07-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Shiloh and my fosters eat on the bathroom counter... out of reach of those doggies who love kitty food.

AmberLee
07-31-2002, 11:35 AM
:o Livvy and Cassy have a 'snack bar' in the dressing room with two choices of dry food (diet fur-ball formulas), a free feeder (another flavor) for dry in the kitchen, and gladly snarfle snacks anywhere they can get them. It's my own fault they're not the sveltest of critters, isn't it?

Piglet
07-31-2002, 11:36 AM
My Knorretje has her food an water bowls at the back of the kitchen (no people getting in the way ;) )
Unfortunately my new flatmates can't ignore her begging for scraps and she gets bits of cheese and egg, which she loves.
She''ll have to go on a diet soon!! :)

NoahsMommy
07-31-2002, 02:32 PM
Noah and Noel have half of the den...it's where we keep the litter box (right next to the low window... :) ), water fountain and food bowls.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p2687fde04f2246165385bf3b046361d6/fd7dae6e.jpg

Pam
07-31-2002, 04:18 PM
My kitties eat in the basement via a little cat flap. Their food is to the left of the stairs, along with a bowl of water, and their 'potty facilities' are to the right and slightly under the stairs. This way they can eat at their leisure and have their private lavatory moments not intruded upon by Bella. :rolleyes: There is also a large community feline/canine water bowl in the kitchen.

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-31-2002, 04:25 PM
My two eat in the kitchen... they have a whole corner to thier selves..:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-31-2002, 04:27 PM
Can I answer this again.?!?!

My Mother-in-law's chihuahua.. Spanky is sooo cute... whenever we are playing he will run to his room and get a mouthfull of food and drop it on the floor where we are playing then eat it. He makes the cutest faces... I was told that is what chihuahuas do.. if they are having a good time they bring food in there and eat it.

Chinadoll
07-31-2002, 04:31 PM
As of now, Scout has his food and water bowls in the bathroom because that's where he feels most secure. He can hide behind the big covered litterbox or the side of the toliet and eat if he chooses. Once he feels more secure, I'll move his bowls to the kitchen.

felinequine
07-31-2002, 04:39 PM
the 'sophisticated' furkids at my house eat from the big desk in the entryway because the dog will eat it instead of eating hers. both my cats and dog free-feed (haven't had any weight problems because of it). well, tata! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-31-2002, 04:47 PM
Tubby & Peanut are fed in the basement & also have pottie facilities there. Sooooo much easier because it doesn't have to be cleaned up constantly like it would have to be in the kitchen. And they are very messy eaters. :rolleyes:

Fuzzy317
07-31-2002, 05:42 PM
Our house has a spare bedroom currently, so that is the "Cat Room". Thats where the cats water, food, and litter boxes are. We have a child gate in the doorway to the room, so no dogs allowed.

felinequine
07-31-2002, 07:00 PM
lol if we had a spare room in my house, it would be a bird room!so the birds could be wherever they wanted in there.

Miss Meow
07-31-2002, 07:05 PM
Anywhere there's food :)

Mini and Jasmine don't really enjoy canned food so they sometimes leave a bit during the day if I give them some. But the second I throw the leftovers into the garden for the lizards and insects, they're out there hunting down down the wild, flying pieces of prey and having a great old time - argh!

They generally eat from their bowls, but if it's raw meat Jasmine likes to drag it around the loungroom carpet and hunt it down. I don't think she understands the concept of rental property, return of bond, steam cleaning etc ...

They both eat yoghurt, but only if they can lick it from my fingers. Weird little children!

gini
07-31-2002, 10:04 PM
Mr. Rascal has two places where he eats. He has developed the cutest habit. In the morning, he knows that the cat food is kept right above the dryer. So he jumps on the dryer and demands to be fed. When he has eaten a little bit, he jumps down. Later in the day he will stand by his dry food and water which is kept in the kitchen and still meow. It took me a while, but I realized what he wanted was his wet food on the floor with his other bowls. When I put them all together he is once again very happy.

yorkster
07-31-2002, 10:43 PM
We have a spare room also, and it's the 'cats room' Did NOT start out that way, it was suposed to be a guest room, but who wants to sleep in the room with a litter box and kitties running in & out eating at night?
The food and l. box are in there to keep the dog out of it. :eek: she loves cat food and those crunchy kitty tootsie-rolls!