PDA

View Full Version : Adventurous Oscar!

Freedom
09-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Oscar, I just want to lean in to my computer screen and kiss those pink toesies you are showing off in this photo! I love calicos and I have one. Gee you calico kitties sure do have CATTITUDE! Just leave the hmming birds alone and stop having adventures which scare your mom and cost time at the vet, OK? Happy COTD Sweetie! Extra treats for you today, Oscar!

lvpets2002
09-02-2007, 09:21 AM
;) Oscar you are Absolutlly Adorable.. Congrats on Cat of The Day.. Go for those kitty treats..

Catty1
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Ohhh - those pink toes in the foreground! You silly girl, you have been in some trouble, haven't you? :)

I bet your loud talking comes from some Siamese in your pretty Calico mix - look at those BLUE eyes!

Happy COTD, Oscar, and have many happy and SAFE years with your Mom!

Ihave2cats
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
You have your hands full. Thank you for sharing pix of all of your babies. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Oscar you are stunning!!!

What beautiful blue eyes you have in your sweet face!!!
And those cute little pink toesies.... :D
You are remarkable from nose to tail aren't you?

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!! :D

catmandu
09-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Oscar we prya that you at 6 have sown your wild oats, and are now calmong down a little bit. After all although You are still a young Cat you are no Kitten anymore!!
I think your Mewomie would be a lot happier if you were a House Cat from now on. The Found Ctas and Friends all send a Indiana Jones MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to FEARLESS OSCAR OUR NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY.
:) :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :cool: ;) :cool: :D :cool:

tatsxxx11
09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Smoochies on those precious raspberry toesies!:D I'm so glad your Mom submitted a super close up of you, Oscar! You are quite the beauty; what gorgeous blue eyes and distinctive coat coloring! :eek: And I can tell by that look on your precious face you're as sweet as can be, just like your proud Mum says! How lucky was she to have been chosen by you to be her forever human!:) We thank her so much for welcoming you into her home and heart!

Congratulations to you sweetheart on your much deserved COTD kudos! Definitely, go for the gusto today Oscar and enjoy a very happy Cat of the Day bash! Hope your Mom will give you hugs and kisses for me!:)
P.S...My boy Oliver loves to watch those hummingbirds, too! What fun:D

lmdeminico
09-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I love Oscar and thank you for adopting her, but if you love your cat these days, please, please do not let them out. Besides fleas, ticks, coyotes, West Nile virus, EEE, rabid racoons, they can also be hit by a car or any other multitude of misfortunes. I know you are a loving owner, but think how badly you would feel if she never came home again. Times have changed, cat owners have to change too.

kb2yjx
09-02-2007, 06:12 PM
First, I would like to know why you are called " Oscar," especially since you are such a pretty girl. Second, I have to agree with the previous post, after a broken leg and stitches, I would not let you go out, safety first!!!HAPPY COTD!!

cassiesmom
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Oscar ... is there an interesting story behind how you got your name?! :)

First - SMOOCH for sweet pink toesies!
Second - SMOOCH for unusual Calico chin!

Such the adventurer girl you are! Happy Cat of the Day!

bluey
09-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm Oscar's Mum and I want to thank everyone for their lovely postings today. I woke up to discover she was COTD and I couldn't stop laughing when I saw her pic up there. It made me very happy and she's had a good day because of it too. She always has a good day.

Just wanted to let you all know that since my first cat was taken by coyotes in the hills around Los Angeles, Oscar has never been an outside cat. She uses my apartment balcony as her outdoor experience and has never tried to jump off. When she was one year old, she broke her leg because I had just arrived home and let her out onto the balcony and she was very excited. She was watching the humming birds feed and for the first time, she jumped up to the balcony railing and I saw her arse go over first and her front legs scrambled and then she was gone. Since then, she's had no interest in getting back up on railing.

She is also taken to a friends' house when I travel for work and she is not taken outside there either. But, one weekend she escaped through a window with a screen on it and disappeared for two days near busy roads in what I thought would be an unfamiliar neighborhood. We found out the local donut shop had been feeding her and put pictures up everywhere. Two days later, my friends husband noticed Oscar outside the back door waiting to be let in. She came and starting eating her food like nothing ever happened. When I arrived to grab her, I found a large cut on her leg which the vet said was probably from a tangle with another cat. She's had quite an eventful life and she's made my savings alot smaller too but she's worth it. She's a loving, sweet cat whom everyone loves. Thanks for making this a special day for her.

bluey
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
By the way, she's called Oscar because I've loved the name for a long time and my nephew missed out on being called Oscar so I thought there should be an Oscar in the family. It didn't matter that she was a girl. It suits her.

Catty1
09-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi, Bluey - I have an Oscar too, but the man who tamed him from the wild called him that..."Oscar Wild". :rolleyes: :D

If you look in Cat General, there is a thread with pics of him and his 'brother' Cole.

Your Oscar - does she sound like a Siamese when she meows? I thought with those blue eyes, she might have Siamese in her background.

Welcome! :)

bluey
09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes, Oscar has Siamese in her for sure. She's very loud when she meows and she can make it last a while when she's very upset ie. being washed in the bath.
I'll take a look at your Oscar. I love that name. Its simple and to the point. :)

rosethecopycat
09-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Cheers to Oscar, the Tortie Point Siamese (which is like a calico on steroids)

Concatulations.