PDA

View Full Version : What an Idiot!!! *NEW RESCUE*PICS!!!!!!

lute
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I got a call from a friend of mine that works at a coal mine. He said someone dropped off a Pit Bull at the mine the other day. The dog is filthy and just follows everyone wanting someone to love on him. He said he's been there for about 3 days. Today one of the other workers said if the Pittie isn't gone by tomorrow he was going to "bash him over the head with a shovel" :mad: :mad: :mad: I screamed and called my friend back. Told him I was going to come pick up the dog right now. He told me the dog is safe for tonight. Said someone else heard him say it and took the dog to the control room for the night. I go to work tomorrow morning, but when I get back I'm going to pick up this dog. Since we ended up keeping the Rally's puppy we cannot keep him permanently, but he's more than welcome to stay at home with me until a proper home is found.

I'm just so mad! How could anyone EVER think of doing such a thing to such a lovable dog?!?!?

Here are just a couple pics. I'll put the rest up tomorrow.
Me and The big guy!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/Picture019.jpg

big pittie smile!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/Picture015.jpg

Karen
09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Thank goodness others - your friend and the other person - overheard this guy, and the pooch is safe for tonight, and will have a temporary home with you - and a bath, I bet! We'll expect before and after pictures!

lute
09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Thank goodness others - your friend and the other person - overheard this guy, and the pooch is safe for tonight, and will have a temporary home with you - and a bath, I bet! We'll expect before and after pictures!

Oh yes, he'll be getting a bath tomorrow when he gets home with me. I'll take some pics of him before the bath and after the bath. I can't wait to see this dog. I love projects!haha

MS_PAWS
09-01-2007, 10:42 PM
he probably was a smart-ass making that stupid remark! Good think you pick him up, hope to hear updates

mr.chiwawa
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
he probably was a smart-ass making that stupid remark! Good think you pick him up, hope to hear updates

The sad thing is that the man was more then likey not being a smart ass. Unfortanately there are people ot there that don't care for animals and wouldn't give a rat's behind what happened to them. :mad: Your a good doggie momma looking out for him and taking him in like that god bless you ;)

lute
09-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, The Pittie is here. No pics yet. Have to go to my other computer. He is a red and white Pittie with ears that stand, but are not cropped. He's a lil skinny, but not too bad. This guy is so smart! He knows sit and lay down and I think he's housebroken too! He gets along with the three other dogs. I wish I could keep him, but four dogs is WAAAY too much for me in this little house.

Tomorrow I am taking him to work to get a look over, vacc. and a HWT. Hopefully we can find him a proper home that won't dump him off at a dangerous coal mine.

Oh, and we are calling him Burn. It seems to fit him quite well. PICS SOON!

KittyGurl
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Thank god the dog has a great home now. Can't wait to see some pictures. Bet he is adorable and by the way, Burn is a great name.

mike001
09-02-2007, 01:32 PM
A little frightened of the breed, but I would never "bash" any dog....that was a cruel thing to say. glad you have him in your care for now.

Freedom
09-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Another one charms his way into a PT home! Good work, bless you for taking care of him! Bath time, Burn!

Blackrose
09-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Thank God you were able to take him in! He sounds like a cutie; I'm anxiously awaiting pictures. :)

cassiesmom
09-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Is there any legal recourse that can be taken against a rat like that who threatens to bash a dog in the head with a shovel?

lute
09-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Is there any legal recourse that can be taken against a rat like that who threatens to bash a dog in the head with a shovel?
People around here don't care. The only thing I can do is what I did, take the dog.

Here's the deal. We've been thinking about rehoming Rally for the past week or so. She needs a place to run offleash every day. We aren't just rehoming her because Burn, who we are now calling Brick is here. There is more to it then that. Rally is also food agressive. Not a good thing since my 9yr old brother is here. We are considering keeping Brick, but we aren't making any choices right now. We'll see how his temperment is.

KittyGurl
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Look at that adorable face. How could somebody threaten to beat him. He is adorable. Love his smile too.

Thanks for sharing!

HorseDreamer101
09-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not big when it comes to pitbuls but hurting them when all thay want is love is really wrong!!!
I'm glad you found out they were going to do to that poor baby and i'm happy he can stay with you til you find he a perment home :)

Sevaede
09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Oh geez! That is a cute widdle face if I ever saw one! :D He looks strikingly like a boxer in some parts. :)

lute
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, we are back from the vet. All is good! Brick is HW negative, and has all his vacc. I also started him on HW preventative today. The vet says Brick is about 12-16 months old so we know he's done growing. He was sooo well behaved! Just loved all over my co-workers and everyone that heard how someone dumped him off was just shocked and was more than happy to give out the lovins he's been begging for! :D

luvofallhorses
09-03-2007, 02:55 PM
What a doll! :D Thanks for helping him. gawd, I just love pitties. :) I could just kiss him again and again. :D I don't know how anyone could dump him! :mad: Is he neutered? I am sure you'll fix him before you adopt him out. I can't get over how cute he is! :D I think he's a purebred pittie. not that it matters. :) I don't see boxer. :p

cassiesmom
09-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello, Brick and it is very nice to meet you today! I like the brown and white pattern of your coat. Could you please have your young mistress give you a pat or two from me?

lute
09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Pats and lovins were givin! :D

I definatly think he is a purebred. not that it matters. We'd love him anyway. No, he's not neutered. We will be getting him neutered very soon. As well as docking his tail. I hate to do it, but it looks like he has busted his tail a few times and he keeps banging it against everything and looks like he might do it again. To prevent him from hurting himself I'll just eleminate the problem.

Blackrose
09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh, he is handsome! :) Very nice looking dog; I don't see why anyone would want to bash his head in!

luvofallhorses
09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
some dogs have broken their tails and had to be amputated I don't think it's the same as docking. docking you do intentionally; amputating you don't do intentionally if that makes sense. it sounds like it's for the best. poor boy. :( I don't know how anyone could dump him.

cyber-sibes
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
What a handsome guy! You are right, anyone threatening to hurt him is an idiot. I'm glad he's ended up in your care till a good home can be found, he looks like a total sweetheart!

Danegirl2208
09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
He is very handsome. So glad you rescued him, give him a big hug from me k? :) And watch out, pit bulls have a special way of stealing your heart when you least expect it, you may not be able to let him go ;)

Suki Wingy
09-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Oh he's pretty cute! Thanks for saving him.

Hellow
09-04-2007, 08:22 AM
OMG thank god you found this dog!!! He is such an cutie! I dont see any reason why to bash an dog across the head with an shovel in any situation! Mabye the vet can see if you need to dock his tail or not?

kimlovescats
09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
What a gorgeous boy!!! Thank you so much for taking him in! I think someone will be honored to have him! Good luck!

Kim