PDA

View Full Version : Surrounded by kittens....

Russian Blue
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh, I had fun today! :D

Rob and I spent the day in some renovation stores picking up some odds and ends for our place. We stopped by a couple of flooring stores and we happened to drive by a Petsmart. We stopped by to see if they had the adoption center open, and of course, they were filled with kittens.

There was a volunteer there from a local rescue and I was talking with her. I told her I haven't been around cats since Nakita passed away and I miss them so much. She said the best thing I could do would be to go into the adoption room and start interacting with the cats. I spent a good 45 minutes just being surrounded by kittens. :D It was sooo much fun. There was every colour - black, calico, orange, tabby. Every time I picked one up they would just purr.

There was a grey and black striped male named Major with golden eyes that would melt your heart. I was holding him and he kept nuzzling into my arm. There was also a black male with an oriental type body that had the most gorgeous green eyes.

She said the organization is always looking for volunteers so I mentioned if they ever need an amateur photographer, I'd be happy to help out. She took my name and said the head of the rescue would be giving me a call.

I can't imagine a better way to find my next furkid. And spending a couple of hours taking photographs of felines is a great way for me to get the fur therapy I so need right now. It will also help me improve my photography skills as well. ;)

So, yes, I had a wonderful day. Just wanted to share. We should be finished the renovations in the next couple of months and then, maybe I can bring one or two home. :)

catmandu
09-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Thats A Great Idea As You Are An Excellent Photographer And We Are Just Betting That You Find A Cat Or Kitten Who Needs A Furr Ever Home And A Pair Of Loving Guardians In You And Rob.

And A Loving Guardian Angel Nakita.
We Cant Wait To See Those Kittens And Cats.

Killearn Kitties
09-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm so pleased to hear about your great day. Your photgraphs are so great that they could make any cat more attractive to potential adotpers.

rg_girlca
09-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Thank you for sharing your wonderful day with us. :)

I know I can't think of a better way than to spend a day being surrounded by kittens. :D

One thing for sure is that the shelter couldn't ask for a better phtographer. Your photos of lovely Nakita were always so breathtaking. You also captured her inner and outer beauty.

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us.:) It sounds like just what you needed and it would be great for both the rescue organization and you to become their photographer. You sure are an excellent one.:) I'm sure you'll be able to easily find you next furkid or furkids.:)

Medusa
09-01-2007, 05:43 PM
What a great day! And I'm sure you'll fall in love real soon. ;)

Bengalz
09-01-2007, 06:28 PM
How fun!! I can hardly wait to see kitten pictures (you will share, of course :D ) We'll all die of cuteness and you'll have PT people telling which kitten(s)to take home in no time at all :p

Hope your renovations are progressing as planned and hoped - keep us posted :)

Hugs, Betty

jenluckenbach
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
It is truly amazing how healing a little PURR therapy can be. I am so glad you stopped in to see those kittens. And GREAT pictures for their petfinder bios, ALWAYS help them get adopted. :) :)

jennielynn1970
09-01-2007, 07:49 PM
You know, I always said the days I had my shelter duty were my best days.... being with the kitties who just loved you for being there. It made me feel better no matter how bad my day had been.

Hope you do more visiting and will find the kitten or kittens who will be so lucky to be adopted by you!

critter crazy
09-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Sounds like you had a fabulous time!! I cannot believe you manged to leave without a new addition!!!:eek: I know i wouldnt have been able to!!:D