buttercup132
09-01-2007, 10:31 AM
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-Sphynx-W0QQAdIdZ20934476

I just found this.
Hey Donna want another neekid?
At least this time she said he is sick.

jennielynn1970
09-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Poor Ivy. So, she's not getting him any medical care?? Ugh. I feel so bad for him, and you've gotta be torn too. There wasn't much that you could do to help the situation, and you were stuck between a rock and a hard place (so to speak).

I hope someone who has lots of cash to spend on him to get him well will adopt him. Thoughts and prayers are going out to that sweet boy.

buttercup132
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Ya I hope someone with lots of money takes him too. It breaks my heart seeing him for sale again. I want to go back and just snatch him up.

shais_mom
09-01-2007, 11:39 AM
i'm sorry to hear this I thought she was a good responsible breeder. :(

Catty1
09-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I thought the previous owner took him, not the breeder...

poor Ivy! :(

ETA - there is a purebred rescue, which includes Sphynxes, south of Ottawa. I emailed her the rescue's email addy.

http://www.sphynxcat.net/rescue1.htm Here is the rescue page.

:eek: :eek: I just thought - BC123, I hope that isn't the original breeder!

SO sorry if it is!

shais_mom
09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
oh and I thought the breeder had told her not to give him to the original owner. now I'm confused. :confused: more than normal

sasvermont
09-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I just emailed the person and asked why they are trying to sell an ill animal and why didn't they have him vetted. ... and were they just in it for the money..... sorry, but that is the way it appears.

I hope it pi$$es them off to no end.

Ugh. Some people! :rolleyes:

catmandu
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Thats Sad That They Dont Want To Take Care Of That Sweet Little Cat. After All He Is Thier Companion Cat.
I Know That No Matter Waht The Expense That None Of Us On Pet Talk Would Ever Put Our Cats Up For Sale.
We Are Praying That That Poor Cats Finds The Furr Ever Home That He Deserves.

Freedom
09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Poor Ivy. I hope someone gets hold of him who can afford to help him!

buttercup132
09-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I stopped talking to the breeder after she decided to send me a rude e mail saying how I dont care about Ivy. He went back to the person I got him from and she said she was going to keep him and get him treatment. Which obviously never happened

Catty1
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Would you PM me the name of the breeder? I am just hoping I didn't send Ivy's breeder's email address to her!

She did refund you for Ivy, right? So I suppose she is just trying to make up her "loss" - but that is not fair with a sick cat.

Those polyps could be treated!

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Hopefully some one with a kind heart and lots of money will adopt him and give him the care that he deserves.

Catty1
09-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I just got an email from the poster saying he had found a home. I didn't want to pry, being a 'stranger', but replied with thanks for her letting me know, and that I hoped the polyps could be lasered out.

If I hear anything else, I will let you know. :)

jennielynn1970
09-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I just got an email from the poster saying he had found a home.

I got the same reply, lol. I think maybe they're on to the fact that more people know about him than just wanting to adopt him. I wonder if they said he found a home because they were just annoyed that we inquired. Actually, all I asked was if he'd get treatment before he was "purchased" and how much was the price, and how long have they had him. No response to the questions, just that he has found a home.

Hope it's a good one for Ivy's sake... sigh. Poor little guy.

moosmom
09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
What I don't understand, and I don't mean to piss anyone off, but why couldn't the money that was spent on a NEW nekkid baby be spent to help Ivy out medically?? I'm a little confused as well.

I feel really bad for Ivy right now. Poor cat doesn't know which way to turn. :(

Catty1
09-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Buttercup132 - Does this woman know you saw the ad?

If not, maybe you could call her or email her in a couple of days - long enough after today that she won't think you saw the ad - and ask how Ivy is, just as if you were checking on him.

Just an idea.

buttercup132
09-02-2007, 06:33 AM
What I don't understand, and I don't mean to piss anyone off, but why couldn't the money that was spent on a NEW nekkid baby be spent to help Ivy out medically?? I'm a little confused as well It still wouldn't have been enough. And who knows what the treatment would have been. It could have been surgury, could have been meds for life both which cost more money that I dont have to be spending. I also already explained that I didn't want aspecial needs cat. If I did and had the money to I would have gone to the shelter and adopted one.

moosmom
09-02-2007, 08:26 AM
BC,

Nuff said. Just curious. I just feel really bad for Ivy through all this. :(

momcat
09-02-2007, 01:39 PM
This is just too sad. My prayers are being prayed for Ivy to find a loving, caring furever home where her needs will be adequately met and hopefully Ivy will settle in, be safe and feel secure.