PDA

View Full Version : YOW! Speaking of pet cremation...

Catty1
08-31-2007, 11:33 PM
I won't post the link, but a company called Perpetual Pet offers a freeze-dry service....preserving your pet so you can see and touch it as long as you live.

Their slogan: "You never have to let go."

There are two pictures there - and they look really good. Still - I think it is kind of ghoulish...and what will any new pets do?

What do you think? Is this carrying the "memory" a bit too far? :confused: :eek:

ratdogg
08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
i looked at the site and it is truly a disturbing thing. I must admit I always joked about getting my ratdog stuffed, but that company really takes it to another level.

moosmom
09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
That's way too creepy for me. To each his own, eh?

IRescue452
09-01-2007, 07:24 PM
You have to let go sometime

Suki Wingy
09-02-2007, 12:19 AM
That's wrong. It's just a body, really.

crow_noir
09-02-2007, 02:20 AM
I dunno... they looked so fake in a creepy way.

This would be a safer method than taxidermy though. Much more reliable in getting your pet back in decent condition.

I think this may be worth it for smaller exotics.

But YIKES!!! ...the prices. :eek: *faint*

----

I still think i like my idea i came up with when it was already too late... encasing King in a pine pitch filled clear lexxon tomb. Fully preserved and eventually if conditions were right... He'd become amber!!! :D I love the thought of in 1,000,000 years when everything has been wiped out and the planet reestablished, his remains being dug up and his genes being the prototype for the new dog. ...If they were to have or use cloning technology.

Hellow
09-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Wow! Really freaky & disturbing...

dukedogsmom
09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't agree with that at all. For one thing, it's a very unhealthy attitude to take. It's like they're trying to deny death. Sadly, that's one thing you can't stop. Just a bid weird, to me.

rg_girlca
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree that this is just too creepy. Personally, I don't see how a person can see their pet every day like that, knowing they are dead. I would be bawling my eyes out all the time. But, like Donna said, "To each their own."

Catlady711
09-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Having the occasional morbid sense of humor that I do.....

All I can think of is how much it would my cat sitter freak out over that. Here the poor lady would come in expecting to feed 7 cats, and finds a cat she know is deceased laying in the window hammock. Now either she's gonna think she's seeing ghosts and never come back or she'd think I added a cat that looks exactly like Dusty and then screams when she can't wake it up to feed it. I dunno maybe I'm the only one that would find that scenario semi-amusing. lol

Either way I don't think I could do it. It's bad enough everytime I see Bear's gray butt walk by or see him sleeping in Dusty's favorite spots, I sorta do a double take thinking I'm gonna see Dusty there. I don't think I could live with having her body here everyday knowing it won't wake up and purr or meow at me.

Kalei
09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
That's just creepy, I would never do it. Your pet isn't a statue or decoration for you house. It's like a person, would you freeze dry a person and keep them in your house?

Kind of weird to me, but I guess some people would do it. I would personally cry everytime I see them.

Catlady711
09-05-2007, 06:18 PM
It's like a person, would you freeze dry a person and keep them in your house?

Funny thing is that at one time I thought I wanted to have myself freeze dried because I can't stand the thought of being buried or creamated when I'm gone. Problem is I can't think of anyone who would keep me around their house, I'd probably end up collecting dust in someone's shed.

pitc9
09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I went to an outdoorsmen show once (hunting, fishing... etc) and there was a taxidermy both there and I saw a dog laying under the table and I thought oh how cute!
Yeah... it was stuffed. :eek: and I was freaked out. :o

jackie
09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't agree with that at all. For one thing, it's a very unhealthy attitude to take. It's like they're trying to deny death. Sadly, that's one thing you can't stop. Just a bid weird, to me.

I agree 100%. And the slogan "you never have to let go" is mega creepy!

kt_luvs_kitties
09-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I think about this differently. I think it is a great idea. I mean, I dont want to cremate my cats, or bury them (the thought of rotting flesh shudders me to the bones!)
So, I would think it was a lovely, thoughtful idea. BUT then again, that is just me ;)

Muddy4paws
09-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I think its disgusting how they play on peoples grief. I dont agree with stuffing animals either, If I had a constant reminded of an passed animal then I wouldnt be able to move on from their death.

Fair enough I would have my animal cremated and have a small box but I wouldnt be able to face my actual dead animal. Thats so creepy.