PDA

View Full Version : "Your dog would make perfect fighting dog bait"

Alysser
08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I went for an evening walk with Sassy to help her arthritis. Lately, she has been walking really well because the walks are helping. Anyway, we passed these two kids who looked like they were 11 or 12. I saw them pointing at her and laughing so I prepared a witty remark. You'll never believe what they said DIRECTLY to ME! "Your dog would make perfect fighting dog bait". I was completely horrified! I was two seconds away from slapping them. I said "It's people like you who make people hate pitbulls" and the kid said "Pitbulls bite people alot, they are mean dogs". Then they walked on laughing. I went straight home, absolutely HORRIFIED! I cannot believe someone actually said something like that. I have never in my life been so insulted!

I don't even KNOW what to make of this..What do these kids do? Fight pits? Were they influenced by Micheal Vick??

I have so many emotions. Confusion, anger, scared, frustrated, insulted!

Sorry, I am just horrified someone even said that. Weird thing is, I've never seen these kids before! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am seriously so shocked, I am absolutely speechless.

Vela
08-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow, what a horrible thing to say! I'm sorry they said that to you =(

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
That's really pathetic. I hate people like that. I had somebody say the same to me once when I had Jesse (my past Dachshund). I was horrified. I'm sorry you had to deal with that as well. That's awful.

luvofallhorses
08-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I would think their family may fight dogs. :mad: I am sorry they said it to you. and YOU don't need to be sorry! they need to be sorry! :mad: (((hugs)))

lute
08-31-2007, 09:16 PM
OMG!!! That's sooo fricken rude!

Karen
08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
If you can remember where they live, I'd drop the police an anonymous note about there potentially being dogfighting there.

If they were teenagers, I'd have retorted "So do you, but maybe we'd have to break your ankles first to make it fair."

Kalei
08-31-2007, 10:33 PM
lol I like Karen's idea of what to say to them.

That is absolutely horrifying what they said to you. I would be so scared.

If it wasn't for so may laws these days I would have slapped them silly.

Danegirl2208
08-31-2007, 10:34 PM
pathetic is right..Sorry that happened to you. I doubt they fight dogs, but if you are worried don't be afraid to report it, it certainly wouldn't hurt. If anything maybe the AC will give them a nice talking to.

Freedom
09-01-2007, 07:23 AM
So sad that teens think this way. I wonder if the school principal would be interested?

Hugs to you and remember it was a reflection on THEM not you!

Alysser
09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Problem is, I have no clue where they live, I don't even know who they are. Alot of people come on our block that no one knows, they could be from anywhere around here from some other neighborhoods. I didn't even recognize them. I don't even know how old they were, but as I said they looked 11-12 years of age and they could have been even younger. I am not THAT mad anymore, but if I EVER see them again I'll definitely have something to say.

I hate living on this block, SO many people we all don't know come here. Police officers often come to check these people out. We've even had attempted kidnappers nearby in our neighborhood, it never did happen. Most of the strangers don't say anything, but you'll always get the 1 PERSON who does.

They were wearing some kind of Jersey for a sports team so that's why I assumed they got it from the Micheal Vick guy.

Freedom, we didn't start school yet, plus if I was right about their age they probably are only going into 7th or 8th grade. I am going into High School.

jackie
09-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Sounds like some stupid little kids trying to make you angry. If you see them again just ignore them, if you act all shocked and angry they will just do it more and more.

buttercup132
09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm sure they were just doing it to get a rise out of you. Being 11/12 I'm sure they are very immiture and obviously not educated. I highly doubt they actually fight dogs, or their families. Being as it is illegal I dont think they would be going around saying they fight them.

Freedom
09-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I just found this as I was browsing on craigslist, and I thought of you! Hope it cheers you a bit.
MY DOG LIVES INT THIS HOUSE!
MY DOG LIVES IN THIS HOUSE. YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME AND VISIT ME ANYTIME BUT WE HAVE A FEW THINGS THAT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU VISIT.

YOU MUST EXPECT A FEW DOG HAIRS TO STICK TO YOUR CLOTHES. I VACCUUM AND CLEAN DAILY, BUT MY DOG LIVES IN THIS HOUSE TOO.

YOU MAY BE LEANED ON AND FIND HIM IN YOUR LAP A FEW TIMES BUT HE DOES THIS BECAUSE HE LOVES PEOPLE AND WANTS TO SAY HELLO, SO IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR HIS LOVE THEN YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE BECAUSE THIS IS HIS HOME TOO.

MY DOG IS WELL MANNERED AND VERY CLEAN, BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT THINKS ALL ANIMALS ARE DIRTY AND SMELL THEN GO AWAY. YOU ARE NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT I CARE TO ASSOCIATE WITH. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SOUND OF BARKING, THEN MY HOME IS NOT GOING TO BE A COMFORTABLE PLACE FOR YOU TO VISIT.

DO NOT EXPECT ME TO LOCK MY DOG IN ANOTHER ROOM DURING YOUR VISIT. I HAVE TRAINED MY DOG WELL SO HE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO YOU EXCEPT MAYBE WANT A PAT ON THE HEAD. I WILL NOT SUBJECT HIM TO FEEL AS IF HE IS BEING PUNISHED BY LOCKING HIM AWAY FOR NO REASON. THAT WOULD BE CRUEL.

WHEN YOU WALK INTO MY HOME, BE CAREFUL NOT TO TRIP ON A STUFFED TOY OR BALL. THESE ARE MY DOGS TREASURES AND I WILL NOT TAKE THEM AWAY FROM HIM JUST TO SHOW YOU THAT I KEEP A CLEAN HOUSE. HE KNOWS WHERE HIS TOYS ARE AND THEY MAY NOT LOOK LIKE MUCH TO YOU, BUT TO HIM THEY ARE WORTH MORE THAN GOLD.

YOU SEE, THIS IS OUR HOME. WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE HE WAS A SMALL PUPPY SCAMPERING AROUND THE HOUSE. I RAISED HIM INTO A WELL MANNERED BEAUTIFULLY BEHAVED DOG.

I AM PROUD OF HIM. I CONSIDER HIM MY PERSONAL GIFT FROM GOD. HE HA DONE NOTHING BUT GIVE ME HIS ENDLESS LOVE AND DEVOTION FOR MANY YEARS. I LOVE HIM DEARLY AND WANT TO MAKE HIS YEARS HAPPY ONES, AS HAPPY AS HE HAS MADE MINE.

WHEN YOU GO HOME TO YOUR FAMILY, HE STAYS HERE WITH ME. A FINE AND LOVING COMPANION. HE IS MY FAMILY AND I WOULD'NT CHANGE THAT FOR THE WORLD.

WHEN IT WAS COLD AND THERE WAS NO HEAT, WE KEPT EACHOTHER WARM. WHEN I WAS SICK, HE STAYED RIGHT BY MY SIDE, AS DID I WHEN HE WAS NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY. A BETTER FRIEND I COULD NOT ASK FOR. WHEN NO ONE ELSE CARED, MY DOG DID. HE HAS GIVEN ME NOTHING BUT PURE JOY AND I LOVE HIM ENDLESSLY. SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM NOT BEING RUDE......I'M JUST LOOKING OUT FOR MY BEST FRIEND

********AUTHOR UNKNOWN***************

mike001
09-01-2007, 10:51 AM
People today are very rude, mass hysteria might be the cause ot the remarks, but I find kids today to be very bold and rude, something we would never have thought saying as kids. Too bad you don't know where they live. Karen is right....a police visit might help settle them down. Shrug it off and just love your dogs.

Canis-Lupess
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I'd have told them they'd make even better bait and that, at least the fighting dogs would be ridding decent members of society of scum like them so some good would come out of it.

Plenty of kids can be so nasty and horrible for absolutely no reason these days. Makes you wonder about their parents....or lack of...

Alysser
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Freedom, thanks so much for showing me that! I really enjoyed it, and it's so true. :D Certainly put a huge smile on my face... :D

*LabLoverKEB*
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
:mad: OMG Alyssa! I don't even know what to say! :mad: I can'y even tell you what I would have done to those stupid kids. Give miss Sassy a big hug for me, okay? ;)

Miss Z
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
3 words.

Scum Of Society.

:rolleyes:

Worrying, though, that the next crop of dog fighters is on its way. :(

I'm sorry that you and Sassy had to go through that, Alyssa. I can comprehend exactly how that would make you feel towards the boys, those that have influenced them, and the agonising demise of the Pitt Bull's reputation as loyal companion. Ugh. But I congratulate you on not letting them get the better of you, that takes a lot of guts.

KittyGurl
09-03-2007, 12:23 PM
That was just rude and pathetic. No wonder people these days hate Pit Bulls. :mad: I am sorry so they said that to you. That just made me mad! :mad: :mad: :mad:

cassiesmom
09-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Hugs to you and Sassy. It sounds like they meant to make you mad. But I agree with what others have posted, maybe a word to the school principal or the police would be good.

mruffruff
09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
My next door neighbors have two big Pitties and another dog in their yard that I am feeding cookies every morning. They are right next to my cats' pen. One morning the sixth grade boy who lives there was out and he said they were thinking of fighting one of the dogs.

I told him that the dog was much too nice to do that. He is a real sweet dog. The kid seemed surprised when I told him dog fighting is illegal.

I later found out that the dogs in his yard aren't even his; (they are dog sitting long term).

Kids this age often open their mouths before they put their minds in gear. I wouldn't let it bother me much.

elizabethann
09-04-2007, 11:14 AM
OMG! I can't believe those children! Don't listen to them! They are nothing but ingnorant little turds! :mad: :mad:

Sending you & Sassy a great big hug.

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 11:22 AM
My neighbor has a Pit Bull named Sandy and she is the sweetest dog ever. People can be so mean. What if your dog is a pitbull. Who cares!?

The dogs aren't mean, the owners are! They are the ones who should be the "mean" one NOT THE DOGS!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Alysser
09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
mruffruff, I think you are right about that! These kids obviously weren't taught any manners..I was thinking they may be visiting family or something because they did have a Brooklyn accent. I wish I knew where they LIVED!! :mad:

Everytime I think of it, I just get so mad. :mad: :mad: :mad: It makes my blood boil. Who in there right mind would acutally have the nerve to say that?! I really don't understand where it even came from. I didn't say anything to the kids.

KittyGurl
09-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Who in there right mind would acutally have the nerve to say that?! I really don't understand where it even came from. I didn't say anything to the kids.

Some people are just immature and ignorant.

jennielynn1970
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Freedom, we didn't start school yet, plus if I was right about their age they probably are only going into 7th or 8th grade. I am going into High School.

If they're 11 or 12, they could be anywhere from 5th grade to 7th grade really. Depending on when they started school, if they failed at all...

It's horrible to see what kids say and do these days. I had an 8th grader last year with one of the Army Weapons books, and he was pointing out automatic weapons and guns and was saying "My cousin has this one; my uncle has this one." We suspected that his family is involved with the Latin Kings gang... he got in trouble for displaying colors before, but if they stay under the radar at school, who knows what they could be doing at home.

We just had an inservice on how to recognize gang affiliations and colors and all kinds of things. It's amazing the amount of gang activity in the area I live, but we're 60 minutes outside of NYC and Newark, and 45 minutes from Philly, and so many people move to here from there. We've got Latin Kings, Bloods, Crips... you name it. We've got small time city gangs too in my area now. You see their graffiti "tags" all over the place.

Genny
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Maltese Love, I'm sorry they said that to you. That was very rude and uncalled for. I can't believe some people these days. I'm sure they were just trying to get a laugh or something (not saying that's funny, but they probably thought it was) I din't think they actually have parents that dog fight, but it's possible.
Like Karen said, if you ever see them again maybe you should contact the police. At least maybe they would talk to them and scare them a little.

Again I'm sorry they said that about your little dog. What kind is she? Give her a hug for me, will ya?

Genny

dab_20
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry you had to hear that from them! People like that just make me sick... what kind of parents could raise their kids to talk like that?

The thing is, when those kids said that to you, they wanted a reaction. Their purpose of saying that to you was to make you upset and angry; they just wanted to provoke you. Sadly, there are so many immature, rude little brats out there, whos parents are not helping. So don't take it personally, their opinion matters none.