View Full Version : 80,000 Rounds Of Ammo

lizbud
08-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I can't believe this guy was allowed to buy all that ammo with no questions
asked. He bought 18,000 at one time.

Nearly 80,000 Ammunition Rounds Seized From Home
Man Had Warned Of World's End, Authorities Say

POSTED: 10:22 am EDT August 31, 2007

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Authorities said they removed nearly 80,000 rounds of ammunition from the home of a South Bend man who warned that the world was going to end.

South Bend police and federal agents blocked off streets around Kevin Rieder's home for six hours Wednesday while they removed the ammunition.

Rieder, 38, was arrested Wednesday and charged with illegal possession of ammunition while subject to a restraining order, Assistant U.S. Attorney Donald Schmidt said.

The restraining order had been taken out by an ex-girlfriend, Schmidt said.

Rieder told employees at a gun shop where he bought 18,000 rounds that he believed the world was going to end, officials said.

He was in custody Friday morning, awaiting a Tuesday bail and detention hearing.

jackie
08-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Do they ask for ID/permits when they sell ammo? Or just for guns?

That is very scary and I am glad it was seized without incident. With that amount of firepower it could have been much worse.

columbine
08-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Rather an odd reaction to an impending eschaton, isn't it? I mean, most people would pray, give all their money to the poor, spend time with family, that sort of thing. Even getting ripsnorting drunk would make more sense...

Love, Columbine

RICHARD
09-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Even getting ripsnorting drunk would make more sense...

Love, Columbine

Guns and booze don't mix-
Ever try loading the clip on a .32 after a few beers?

Those little bullets are small! :confused:

columbine
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
There ya go! "Don't shoot - do shots!" :p

Love, Columbine

Lady's Human
09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Drink the shooters!

80,000 round of ammo? I know of a couple places I could have LOTS of fun with that,(Knob Creek, for example), but for the cost of the ammo (Figure $.20-$1.00 per round, depending on ammo type) I think I'd sell it.