PDA

View Full Version : The family that found Giselle

Giselle
08-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Remember when Giselle decided to go for a walk without telling anybody? :rolleyes: The family that found her was absolutely in love with greyhounds, and, after spending time with Giselle, they have decided to adopt a greyhound!!

I'm so excited for them; they're the perfect family for a grey. Their little boy was bawling when I had to take Giselle back, so I know they're going to be extremely devoted to this dog. Apparently, his name is Jess and the adoption isn't finalized, but, from what it sounds like, they'll probably be taking him in a week or so. When I see him, I will definitely take pictures. Anyhow, just thought I'd share that bit of good news.

Sometimes, bad things turn out to be the catalyst for extremely good things :)

Edit: I found Jess' picture on the group's website:
http://www.greyhoundfriendsforlife.org/available.htm

mr.chiwawa
08-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Thanks for sharing I took a peak at his photos and he is a handsome boy. 6 Years old is still young..well I am not sure how long they live but I know it's young for the breeds I am used to. Send lots of love their way from Mister and I :D

pitc9
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
His profile says he'd do best in a home with another dog... sure sounds like they should get another one! :p

Husky_mom
08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
YAY!! Giselle...... you should be the adopt a greyhound spokesdog.....

congrats to the new family and to Jess......

cassiesmom
08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Awwww, I love happy endings! I looked at Jess's photo and he is beautiful!

shais_mom
08-31-2007, 12:11 PM
that's awesome! :D
my Shaianne was the first dog to call my own - so greys have a special place in my heart.
I know this won't be their last one! :D

cyber-sibes
08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
He's handsome! :D Giselle knows her role is "Greyhound Ambassador". Hopefully she'll take you along on her next house call! ;)

Suki Wingy
08-31-2007, 01:34 PM
That's great! You know we almost adopted a grey but found out that our family at the time just wasn't right for one.

wolflady
08-31-2007, 01:47 PM
That is so totally cool! Way to go Giselle! ;)

animal_rescue
08-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Woohoo! That's great news, I'm sure he's one lucky boy for getting that family.

Rachel
08-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Good girl, Giselle...mission accomplished! :D Little did we know there was a motive behind your madness. Hopefully you and Jess can become friends as I noticed he likes the company of other dogs.

Giselle
08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
His profile says he'd do best in a home with another dog... sure sounds like they should get another one! :p
Not to worry! They have a Pug and a Boxer mix, too. It's uncanny how similar our dogs are ;) I do believe Giselle had a purpose when she ran away that fateful day.

Additionally, Jess is 6 and Giselle will be turning 6 in 1 1/2 months. Coincidence or fate? ;]

Freedom
08-31-2007, 07:47 PM
A pug, a boxer and a greyhound? Oh I can see some fun ahead! Uh, you can't walk them together though!

Hey drop them a hint about PT!

Great job, Giselle! Next time, let mom or someone in on your ambassador doings!