PDA

View Full Version : "How to Prepare for a Puppy"

Romance
08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
"How to Prepare for a Puppy"

Pour cold apple juice on the carpet in several places and walk around barefoot in the dark.

Wear a sock to work that has had the toes shredded by a blender.

Immediately upon waking, stand outside in the rain in the dark saying, "Be a good puppy, go potty now - hurry up - come on, let's go!"

Cover all your best clothes with dog hair. Dark clothes must use white hair; light clothes must use dark.

Float some hair in your first cup of coffee in the morning.

Also put some hair in everything that you cook!!! And in the pots and pans in your cupboards!!

Run out in the snow/rain in your bare feet to close the gate.

Tip over a basket of clean laundry, scatter clothing all over the floor.

Leave your underwear on the living room floor because that's where the puppy will drag it anyway.....especially when company is coming.

Jump out of your chair shortly before the end of your favorite TV program and run to the door shouting "No, No! Do THAT OUTSIDE!" Miss the end of the program :))

Put chocolate pudding on the carpet in the morning; don't try to clean it up until you get home from work in the evening.

Gouge the leg of the dining room table several times with a screwdriver....it's going to get chewed on anyway.

Have a backhoe come in and dig random giant holes in your yard. Then go out in the early am and step in a few. Try not to break anything.

Take a warm and cuddly blanket out of the dryer and immediately wrap it around yourself.
This is the feeling you will get when your puppy falls asleep on your lap.

Author Unknown

Danegirl2208
08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
lol..one of my favorites! :)

mike001
08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
That's the first time I see that. Hilarious to say the least. I am never breeding for sure now, he he.

crow_noir
09-02-2007, 01:51 AM
:D

Love it!

Hellow
09-03-2007, 10:54 PM
LOL TOO funny!!!!!!!!!

Pam
09-04-2007, 02:39 AM
"How to Prepare for a Puppy"

Immediately upon waking, stand outside in the rain in the dark saying, "Be a good puppy, go potty now - hurry up - come on, let's go!"

I particularly liked this one except change the wording to *outside in the rain and sleet and snow in the dark.* :) That was me back in February 2001 when Bella was a puppy. I always said I would never get a puppy in the winter for that reason. :rolleyes: Once I saw her I was hooked though. :) I am sure my neighbors enjoyed seeing me in my bathrobe holding an umbrella many times too. :D

pitc9
09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
LOL!!
That was great!

critter crazy
09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! LOve it!!! Awsome!!:D

cassiesmom
09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Still laughing! I like it! Some of it even applies to cats, like "How to prepare for a kitty". Especially the one about making sure all your clothes have the correct color of pet hair on them :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
:p I am laughing my head off.. Yup sounds like the author has had a puppy.. Great One..

Freedom
09-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Very good! :D

jackmilliesmom
09-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Life with puppies - I am a new momma again I took on 4 cairn/jrt crosses and have kept two and the other two have gone to a neighbour about five minutes walk from gate to gate but our boundary walls meet so they can still yap to one another......

I love puppy life except for the 12a.m., 1a.m. and 2a.m. wake up to pee and poop calls and the 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. and on and on.........

Laura's Babies
09-13-2007, 08:48 PM
You have just read all the reasons why I would rather have a cat!

LOVED IT anyway!

crow_noir
09-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I edited this for my view of owning a cat. :p

You have just read all the reasons why I would rather have a cat!

LOVED IT anyway!

Pour cold apple juice on the carpet in several places and walk around barefoot in the dark. Pour in your shoes too.

Wear a sock to work that has had the toes shredded by a blender.

Cover all your best clothes with dog hair. Dark clothes must use white hair; light clothes must use dark.

Float some hair in your first cup of coffee in the morning.

Also put some hair in everything that you cook!!! And in the pots and pans in your cupboards!!

Run out in the snow/rain in your bare feet to close the gate... to run after the cat that slipped by you out the door like greased lightning.

Tip over a basket of clean laundry, scatter clothing all over the floor.

Leave your underwear feminine products on the living room floor because that's where the puppy kitten will drag it anyway.....especially when company is coming.

Jump out of your chair shortly before the end of your favorite TV program and run to the door shouting "No, No! Do THAT OUTSIDE!" Miss the end of the program :)) - Instead, jump up 50 times to find out what the cat is chewing on.

Put chocolate pudding on the carpet bedspread/sheets/comforter in the morning; don't try to clean it up until you get home from work in the evening.

Gouge the leg of the dining room table several times with a screwdriver....it's going to get chewed on anyway.

Take a warm and cuddly blanket out of the dryer and immediately wrap it around yourself.
This is the feeling you will get when your puppy kitten falls asleep on your lap.