PDA

View Full Version : Second round of triplets born to Ohio couple, said to be doing fine

Catty1
08-30-2007, 11:03 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/070830/K083006AU.html

Second round of triplets born to Ohio couple, said to be doing fine
Published: Thursday, August 30, 2007 | 11:13 AM ET
Canadian Press

CINCINNATI (AP) - It's three times two for a Cincinnati-area mom.

Victoria Lasita of Delhi Township has given birth to her second set of triplets. Both times, she and her husband, Tim, conceived naturally, without fertility treatments.

Doctors say the odds of a woman having triplets twice in that manner are one in 64 million.

Casey, Caden and Carson Lasita each weighed in at under five pounds when they entered the world Wednesday. Their dad says everyone seems to be doing well.

The Lasitas can look forward to changing more than 300 diapers and fixing 168 bottles each week.

It's not clear when the new triplets will go home to join their older siblings, who turn four in December.
© The Canadian Press, 2007
CP

rg_girlca
08-30-2007, 11:06 AM
:eek: I don't know if I should say congratulations for the woman or feel sorry for her. LOL!!!! I hope she has lots of family to help her out. WOW, I can't even imagine what it must be like to have one set of triplets, let alone two.

Freedom
08-30-2007, 11:10 AM
At least at 4 years old, the first set are out of diapers. OMG!

pitc9
08-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow!!
At least they know what to expect when it comes to raising triplets!
It's weird to think that the family has 6 kids and only 2 pregnancies!

kittycats_delight
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
My first thought was 'How the heck can they afford 3 babies.' 300 diapers a week 168 bottles a week. That is a load of money. I mean mom can't work with 3 - 4 year olds at home and 3 newborns. Dad needs to have one MAJOR job or they have weathly families (inheritence) or the government (taxpayers) are footing the bill. This is probably the biggest reason we don't have a kid. We can't afford one. I just can't imagine the kind of money you would need to look after 3 - 4 year olds and 3 newborns. :eek:

Catty1
08-30-2007, 01:43 PM
There are associations around that help multiple-kid families. I am sure that one has been in touch with them by now.

Plus - the news story will help, I hope!

Kinda glad my uterus is gone.... :eek: