PDA

View Full Version : Eerily Quiet

crow_noir
08-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Has anyone else noticed that? The past few days have been quiet around here.

Are there really that many regulars off for surgery, vacation, and taking breaks?

Not that I mind it only taking me an hour to catch up, but it also makes me concerned about everyone else.

krazyaboutkatz
08-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I think that it's always like this during the summer months but I have noticed it being a bit quieter than usual. I don't mind because this way I can keep up with new threads.:)

Karen
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Let's see - we have several folks in the hospital or the walking (or crutching) wounded, many people preparing for the return to school, Ohioans perhaps still dealing with flood stuff, others dealing with other storm damage (Lady's Human among them) ... and that's just the surface stuff! I hope everyone is okay, and checks in - if you are worried about anyone in particular, an email or a PM cannot hurt!

Cinder & Smoke
08-30-2007, 05:51 AM
... others dealing with other storm damage (Lady's Human among them) ...

:eek:

What happened at Lady's Ranch?

Freedom
08-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I've noticed things slowed down about . . . May with the arrival of nice weather! I've only just been here a year so I'm thinking this must cycle. I know personally I was on LOTS more in the winter months. Now I'm only here . . . 2 or 3 times per day! :D

Another factor: as many of us have commented, PT is responsible for the growth of our fur families. I just don't have the time I had before! 13 pets in the house compared to 5 when I joined up, wowzer! :eek:

And yes, I think many are getting in the last gasp of summer, preparing for school, and dealing with weather related or physical stuff.

mike001
08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I've chalked it up to people getting their kids ready for school. And the summer wasn't too great but we seem to be getting nicer weather and folks here are taking advantage.

Kalei
08-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah I wasn't on for almost a hole month and a half maybe two, and it was mainly because of the summer. In the summer I always get busy with family and camps and sometimes I just don't plain want to be on the computer, and would rather be outside.

But I've been full-fledged back here for a week so far and probably will be from now on til next summer again lol. The weather is already getting colder and the excitement of summer has come and gone.