PDA

View Full Version : Zoo bears prefer coke.

Paul
07-30-2002, 10:06 PM
   I have had tea and I have had coke in China. I prefer coke. From Reuters, Bears in a Shanghai (http://www.reuters.co.uk/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1266811) zoo have started begging for cola from tourists.

Paul

felinequine
07-30-2002, 10:10 PM
how interesting..although, i, myself, prefer fine green tea, chilled with ice.

that sounded soooo snobby..eek!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-30-2002, 10:34 PM
Poor bears... are they allowing the tourist to give the bears coke? Honestle I would take a nice cold glass of water over a coke any hot day ;) .... spoiled bears :rolleyes:
Our Atlanta Zoo has two pandas from China.... Me and my husband went to see them last year and they are sooooooo cute.... the had a wooden hutch like thing with a swing attached to the bottom and one of the pandas was laying on the top and the other was in the swing underneith and kept jabbing the panda on top throught the cracks in the logs that made the hutch.. and the panda would look down at him and bark.... lol... it was so funny they played like cats and barked like dogs:D

Fuzzy317
07-30-2002, 10:38 PM
I would take a cold coke over about anything (except maybe Lemonade from Chic-fil-a). The advertising agent of Coke needs to be there and get some video of that, for use on future commercial. :D

Kater
07-31-2002, 03:36 AM
I have been to a few zoos in China. I am pretty sure I went to the Shanghai Zoo. The general trend at these zoos distrubed me. The habitats are awfully bare (no pun intended) and tourists and locals throw garbage and junk into the exhibits. I don't support zoos in general, and when the animals are drinking COKE I become quite worried!!

Coke and other soft drinks are JUNK---they are basically empty calories, thanks to the 10 teaspoons of sugar in a typical 12-ounce (360 mL) serving!!! The sugar promotes obesity, a worldwide problem, and the caffeine, a mildly addictive stimulant drug, encourages people (and bears) to keep drinking this “liquid candy.” It's addictive. Simple as that.

Paul
07-31-2002, 04:05 AM
   I agree the bears should not have coke, especially given from tourists. However, I think it is interesting that many people I know would consider it torture to only consume foods that they themselves deemed "healthy".

Paul

Kater
07-31-2002, 04:35 AM
I think that is just because it is what they are used to and it is how they were raised. People don't have a NEED for unhealthy food. (in my book)

Former User
07-31-2002, 03:20 PM
It's not only bears that drink coke, I've seen (on tv though, not live with my own eyes) camels dringking coke and straight from the bottle :rolleyes: :mad: :(

Edwina's Secretary
07-31-2002, 03:22 PM
I prefer Pepsi (diet that is) :D ;) :D

NoahsMommy
07-31-2002, 03:23 PM
How funny! That COKE isn't good for them, caffeine caused dehydration....but I guess they don't know that huh? :)

I heard on the news that in Egypt (I think it was there) it is really, really hot, like 120 degrees and the zoos are giving their animals Vitamine C to keep up their immunity and are constantly spraying them with water to keep cool....poor things. I cant even begin to imagine what 120 degrees feels like...and I don't have fur!

Former User
07-31-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I prefer Pepsi (diet that is) :D ;) :D

Pepsi Max for me (is it the same with diet pepsi? PepsiMax is sugarfree)

Former User
07-31-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I cant even begin to imagine what 120 degrees feels like...

Kelly, as a Finn, I've been to sauna when there's plenty of degrees... My record actually is 120 degrees, and I can tell it's HOT. I can't imagine how does it feel when you have fur and it's 120 degrees...ugh

Kfamr
07-31-2002, 03:46 PM
I prefer Kool-Aid ;)

My dad drink Coke.... and it's about all he drinks.

Id rather have iced tea or kool aid ;)

Fuzzy- About Chick-Fil-A lemonade..... my mom makes it :D

....We also though of a good commercial for chick fil a.... well Simba helped himself to a thing a wafflefrys that were on my dad table next to his chair while my dad went in the garage. Every single fry gone, and my dad had left a pickle in the sandwhich bag, Simba knocked that back down, and spit the pickle out....The commercialw ould be different type of fast food [mc donalds, bruger king, chick fil a competitors] and the dog only eating the chick fil a!

Simba always get free nuggets when we go to chick fil a and my mom's boss wants to steal him lol!

Former User
07-31-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Paul
Bears in a Shanghai zoo have started begging for cola from tourists.
Paul

See what advertising can do? :rolleyes: (referring to the adverts with Coca-Cola and the polar bears!) :D

felinequine
07-31-2002, 04:34 PM
lol!funny C&K!

lovemymaltese
07-31-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey that is so sweet. I would love to see that. Those bears are so precious looking.

NoahsMommy
08-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Kelly, as a Finn, I've been to sauna when there's plenty of degrees... My record actually is 120 degrees, and I can tell it's HOT. I can't imagine how does it feel when you have fur and it's 120 degrees...ugh

EEP! WAY to hot for me! I cant even go in the sauna... :) Poor animals...I hope it's cooled down over there.