PDA

View Full Version : New here

Chinadoll
07-30-2002, 09:28 PM
http://loyno.edu/~tdomil/kitty.jpg

So this is the kitty I found outside my apartment dehydrated and undernurished about a week and a half ago. With 4 ferrets, I really wasn't looking for another pet, but I couldn't let kitty die. He must have seen the sign above my door that said "Sucker lives here...Will feed." It was so hot outside and kitty didn't even have energy to run from me although I know he was scared to death. After syringe feeding pedialyte throughout the night, kitty began eating and drinking on his own.

I think he was the kitten of one of the stray cat's that live around our complex's dumpster. He is still fearful of people, but he's starting to warm up to me. He won't actively seek me out, but once I'm holding him and petting him, he'll purr and but his head against my hand to be pet and lick my hand.

The vet said he was in amazingly good health for being a stray. Just a case of earmites which he was treated for. He tested negative for FIV and FeLV. The vet said he was about 12 weeks old. I was right! He goes for another round of shots next month, then I'll talk to the vet about when would be a good time to neuter him.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'd forgotten how badly I had wanted a kitten when I was younger. I love having Scout around. He's just precious...which is why I joined this board..to talk to other people that love their kitties as much as I do.

Efrat
07-31-2002, 01:10 AM
Welcome!:)

We always love hearing stories of good "suckers" like you... I also get all the strays coming here to my back yard as we always have food and water for them... when we moved here there were 4, now I believe over 20...
Keep posting a lot of pics and all the juicy stories!

Efrat:D

Fuzzy317
07-31-2002, 01:19 AM
Scout is a good looking cat, probably because he has a very good person looking after him. Taking him in was a very nice thing to do. I am sure he will pay you back with all his love. :)

Welcome to Pet Talk

yorkster
07-31-2002, 01:37 AM
Hello and welcome to Pet Talk!
Your new kitty is just a doll.........soooooo cute! :)

I'm glad that you are keeping him. I have a dog named Scout, so :cool: name I think. ;)
Keep us all updated on everything- we love hearing 'new kitten' and RESCUE stories.

AmberLee
07-31-2002, 02:27 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. Scout is adorable.

Vio&Juni
07-31-2002, 03:09 AM
Scout is really adorable, he seems to be a very nice kitty. I am sure, he will never forget what you've done for him. He'll pay you back with lots of love and affection.

Miss Meow
07-31-2002, 06:22 AM
Welcome!

We all love our kitties and we REALLY love pictures of other people's kitties! Keep posting photos!

Scout is a great name for your baby ... out there all alone, finding the way to a safe haven :)

lynnestankard
07-31-2002, 06:23 AM
A BIG WELCOME CHINADOLL - YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE - WE'RE ALL CRAZY ABOUT OUR CATS AND EVERYBODY ELSE'S COME TO THAT!
YOUR SO SWEET TO TAKE THE LITTLE FELLA IN AND GIVE HIM HIS 'FOREVER' HOME. WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING SCOUT GROW AND BOY ARE YOU IN FOR SOME FUN AND LOVE.

LYNNE

tatsxxx11
07-31-2002, 07:14 AM
Awwww, Scout, you are SO precious! What a wonderful thing you have done Chinadoll, giving Scout such a wonderful home!:) Your kindness will never be fogotten, I'm sure! I wish you many happy years together~~And Welcome to Pet Talk!! Keep us updated! Can't wait to see pics of Scout as he grows!!!

Chinadoll
07-31-2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I do have more pics of Scout I can post when I get home from work today. I don't know who was luckier, me or him, that I found him. He is such a doll baby.

Piglet
07-31-2002, 11:57 AM
Wow, what a great welcome you got! I also just registered today and hope to have some pictures of my kitty this weekend, so I can give her an introduction and show everyone how great she is :)
I discovered Pet Talk yesterday and just had to come back to register!

sasvermont
07-31-2002, 01:52 PM
Welcome Piglet and Chinadoll! This is a fun board to post on/with/to/from.....

Lots of nice folks here.

We all love pictures and stories about your furry friends...and some that aren't so furry!

Paul and Karen, the folks who run the forum are very nice and put up with a lot of issues when dealing with such an active posting group.

Welcome, welcome!

P. S. I have three cats: Graemer, Miley and Gabe....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p534752d9eb17804eae542a83f95e6bc3/fd7cdcd0.jpg

NoahsMommy
07-31-2002, 02:14 PM
Welcome Chinadoll & Piglet!! You'll LOVE it here!!

Chinadoll: Your farrets are so cute and Scout is just adorable!! We LOVE seeing pictures of everyone's furkids here...so post away! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-31-2002, 04:22 PM
Welcome Chinadoll & Scout. He is such a little cutey. Yes, we all love kittens around here, and love watching them grow (hint, that means *lots* of pictures). ;)

And welcome to Piglet too. Hope to see pictures of your kitty and hear all sorts of stories too. :)

SAS, poor Miley with her kone kollar (as Boots calls it) on. :( I sure hope her hotspots clear up so she can get that thing off for good. Is Graemer sleeping with his head upside down - all curled in a ball? That's how Tubby sleeps and I think it is so cute. And this picture really emphasizes how big Gabe is compared to G & M! :eek: Such cuties - all of them. :)