PDA

View Full Version : The speakers on my DS stopped working.. what gives??

king2005
08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Its the origional DS, bought when they first came out.

I used the speakers yesterday morning, then the headphone jack during work hours, & was going to use the speakers in my car for the trip home, but no sound came out.

What gives??
Is there an internal mute I accidently turned on??

I hardly use the speakers, so its not like I wore them out or something. I'm always careful with my things & I know it has never been dropped, or gotten wet.

I really need the speakers to work again as the DS is my car sterio system, as I cannot afford to replace the cd player that was taken out of it.

sigh...

The headphone jack works just fine, as I'm listening to it right now... Go hour long Hard Techno MP3s!!!!

Zippy
08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Trust me the DS is a very sturdy system.I have droped mine a few times and it works are good as new.I have never heard of a mute button on the ds.Did you call nintendo they might have an idea what the problem is?

king2005
08-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Trust me the DS is a very sturdy system.I have droped mine a few times and it works are good as new.I have never heard of a mute button on the ds.Did you call nintendo they might have an idea what the problem is?

I know the system is sterdy, as I have seen my friends man handle their DSs & they work fine. I'm just always very careful with my things. I still have the origional GameBoy & it works great to this day :D

I'm just bumbed as there is no way I can afford to get it fixed any time soon. It said 75.00 to get it "LOOKED AT", for 80.00 I can buy a used one that works & comes with 1 game, at the pawn shop. But don't have that kind of money either right now... blarg...

I'm going to call Nintendo later, as I'm too busy at work right now, don't have a home phone & my cell costs $ to use as I'm out of free mins... So I have to find a good time at work to make the call. I was just hoping someone might know whats wrong & how to fix it. If worse comes to worse, I'm handing it over to my friend, as he can fix anything! His guitar Hero Guitar broke & he fixed that.. there is also a gun for his PS2 that you cannot replace or even buy anymore.. he fixed that too.. he melted plastic together to make a new & stronger part & presto! He very good with speakers & electronic stuffs, so I can trust him. & if he breaks it, oh well, I'll bring in my K5 to work to get it changed into a USB device & will use that as my car sound system hehehe

Jessika
08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
It's a *POSSIBILITY* you could have blown/overpowered the speakers somehow... or its just old?? In either case I think just calling Nintendo as of right now is your best bet. Electronics can be quirky... maybe they'll just randomly start working again :)

KittyGurl
08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree. You might of blown the speakers if your listening it loud. And call nintendo and see if they can help you get it working again.