PDA

View Full Version : What a special kitty

catnapper
08-29-2007, 07:40 AM
We're all in love with this boy... anyone surprised? :rolleyes: ;) :p

He's REALLY tolerant of a certain 1 year old.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Hello.jpg

All we have to do is teach Cam to be a million times more polite to this kitty like he is with the other kitties and we've got a winner. He must have ripped out a dozen handfulls of orange fur and only once did Tuscan meow back at him. Cam doesn't know what to make of a kitty who actually stays around while he's in the room. His first instinct is to grab onto him and not let go (hence the clumps of hair he ripped out) and the poor boy had his tail pulled more than any kitty should :o

He was even sat upon without complaining :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/PoorKitty.jpg

Here he is while Cam is only two feet away....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/RubMyBelly.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/LoveMe.jpg

The other 5 tabbies would not be rolling around on the floor begging for belly rubs.... they'd be hiding on top of the dresser, under the bed, or fleeing out of the room.

Now..... we can not think of a great name for him. Hubby agrees with me that Tuscan doesn't suit him. I'm still collecting name ideas, quite a few are on my list. I think I'll know the right name when I hear (see) it.

elizabethann
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Wow! That's one calm cat (to let a baby sit on him). Amazing!

moosmom
08-29-2007, 10:31 AM
I WANT HIM!!!!!!! He's beautiful, Kim. Are ya keeping him???

Husky_mom
08-29-2007, 11:03 AM
he definately is a keeper!!....... wht an amazing tolerance!!....... no wonder why you love him....... very cute!!

Karen
08-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Names - Titian Red! (Pronounced "tishan" - the artist's real name was Tiziano Vecellio, but this kitty is a match for the haircolor popularized in Titian's paintings!)
Marshall - Marshmallow - because he's a marshmallow of a kitty

Medusa
08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
How about Job since he appears to be so patient? :p

jenluckenbach
08-29-2007, 02:53 PM
What a great cat! :D :D

Zippy
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
What a beautiful kitty. :)
Pumpkin would be a good name for him

RedHedd
08-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Orange Schmoozles! What a cutie patootie! Of course, I have a special spot in my heart for orange Maine Coons. He could be another Mishi ;)

catmandu
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
I know that one of My Found Cats Orange Blossom would really love to have a Cat named after him. And that Cat certainly is tolerant of Cam but we pray that Cam doesnt accidentally hurt Tuscan without meaning to. Theres such a thing as a Cat being too brave with a tot!
Hes truly a wonderful Cat and its great hes off the street now and has a secure future.

aki
08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
I like Job!

wow oh wow! he has some LONG legs dosen't he? looks like a cat/jack rabbit mix!

~Aki :D

Pawla
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
How about Job since he appears to be so patient? :p
AMEN! :D

critter crazy
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Awwww.....what a cutie!! he sure is a patient kitty!!! :)

Catty1
08-29-2007, 06:24 PM
What about Russell??? :)

jenluckenbach
08-29-2007, 06:34 PM
What about Russell??? :)
Or Russett, like the red potato??

Or Rhubarb? (red veggie)

or MacIntosh? (red apple)

or Bing? (red cherry)

or Tangelo? (orange fruit)

Or Monarch? (orange butterfly)

Catty1
08-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Or Cam's Cushy Kitty? :)

K & L
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
That is one patient cat! :) He's a beauty.

catnapper
08-30-2007, 07:00 AM
He's such a sweet, mellow kitty. I had a wonderful name idea last night that I loved to pieces and got all excited about..... do you think I could remember what that name was this morning? :rolleyes:

Ok, the name thing: I'd prefer a human name. He's not regal (though he's HANDSOME as anything ;)) he's a down to earth, someone you would trust with your life kind of guy. So he's needs a salt-of-the-earth name. I keep thinking he's a Sam. But we have an RB Sammie who was a doxie/lab mix. The weird thing was, as I kept thinking he's Sam, I came across a picture of Sammie yesterday. It was on the dresser in the room where Tuscan is being isolated. it was NOT there when I cleaned the room Saturday and just appeared there yesterday. Hubby says he found the picture the other day and put it on the dresser for my son since Sammie was his dog. It was eerie for me, like a sign that Sammie was saying something. Was she saying, "I want him to have my name" or was she saying "I am Sammie, remember me!"

Anyhoo, I simply cannot think of a name. Every time I think I might like it, its either too close to a name we already have or I know the family will think I've lost my mind (which might be the case anyway :p)

kittycats_delight
08-30-2007, 07:36 AM
You know Kim I have been racking my brains trying to figure out a name for him too. This morning I was in a half sleep state and Sammy was a name that came to me. I also like Sonny. I was think Sunny due to his gorgeous sun shiney coat but then thought well Sonny sounds the same but gives a more kind sweet image to the mind.

I think RB Sammie may just be telling you he is a keeper and you need a new Sammy in your life. :D

Catty1
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe Sammie is trying to tell you something? :)

Better check with your son, though.

Husky_mom
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
seeing heīs red...... made think of RED= Viking...... or RED= Australia or RED= Native American (donīt ask me why but these are what came to my mind)

maybe something related??...... I like Viking, even it doesnīt suit his manners, but he sure is vi-KING with that patience he has.....

cassiesmom
08-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh, I really like Titian. Please give him some major pets and tummy rubs for me!

catnapper
08-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Nameless was out for a while tonight. He did very well. Pouncer stalked him but did not hiss (AMAZING! :eek: ) Allen hissed and growled like a wild cat. Flutter swatted him a dozen times. Harry retreated and re-approached and dozen times :rolleyes: and Abby watched from afar.

Then he decided that he wanted to play..... and he chose Abby as the one to chase after. Ummmmm, wrong kitty to chose young man! He got picked up and put away after she ran away screaming her little head off. He wasn't even within 5 feet of her, and to hear her, you'd think he was murdering her (thats my screaming meemee!)

I knew he was a big boy despite how thin he is. But, I had no idea how BIG he is until I saw him next to my guys. He makes Pouncer look positively tiny. Flutter looks like a kitten next to him. Harry looks FAT :p Allen is closest in size but still smaller.

Hubby wants to name him King.... I'll keep looking for names ;)

Catty1
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Jen suggested "Bing" for the cherry - and then I thought of Bing as in Crosby!

Has he put any weight on his dear bones yet? :)

catnapper
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Has he put any weight on his dear bones yet? :)
Nope, and in fact he stopped eating and rinking this afternoon. I think he's miserable in the spare bedroom, so I let him out for a spell tonight. I'm home tomorrow so I plan on letting him out all day so long as he doesn't decide to play tag with Abby again. Play with Harry or Flutter, even Pouncer! Not Abby. You have no idea just how bad a choice that was!!! :p

jenluckenbach
08-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I know his name!!!

LARRY

:D :) :D :)

What do you think????

columbine
08-31-2007, 07:47 PM
How about Louis, after the Sun King? Bellenos is another sun-king name, and Amon-Ra. (He might be able to pronounce the Rrrrrrrra part...)

Love, Columbine

catnapper
08-31-2007, 07:55 PM
I know his name!!!

LARRY

:D :) :D :)

What do you think????
Oh Jen, you can not imagine the tears coming down my face from laughing so hard.... Harry and Larry. Hubby suggested Howie to go with Harry. Oh dear, all these rhyming names - I can't get the cats name right as it is.... Allen, I mean Pouncer, I mean Flutter, I mean Abby, I mean whoever you are, you just ate!

I REALLY like the name Noble for him but hubby scrunched his nose up at it. So more guessing as to what his name should be.

In the meantime he's back out trying to be introduced. Wish me luck ;)

Catty1
08-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh all right - LAWRENCE (Larry for short! :p )

kt_luvs_kitties
08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Ive always liked the name Herbie for an orangie ;)

Sounds close to Harry :p

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2007, 11:38 PM
He sure has a wonderful personality and he reminds me of big teddy bear so how about the name Teddy.:) For his formal name you could call him Theodore.;)

Babyboonie
09-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Or how about Bear?

Bear sounds like a BIG name for a big cat...but also sounds friendly and cuddly like a Teddy Bear. :D