PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh's depressed

aly
07-30-2002, 05:00 PM
Shiloh has been moping around a lot. I kept making excuses on what could be happening but now I'm almost sure she's depressed. I think it may be due to the kittens but I don't know :confused: She won't even play with her best friend Reece :( I took her to the vet for some tests but they all came back fine. I try to keep her schedule the same even though there's been a ton of kittens here during the past few months. I always put the kittens to bed in the bathroom at night (they have a GREAT set up in there) so Shiloh can have peace. She does seem to like them, but she also seems to be annoyed by them. I'm wondering if she's just a single cat. On the other hand, I think she can adjust to them and become totally good friends, but that may take awhile. I don't want my baby depressed or unhappy for a long time.

*Sigh* I don't know.

Here's a funny pic of Shiloh and Moby in the window sill. She kept gently hitting him, heh.

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-30-2002, 05:24 PM
AWWWW
I hope Shiloh cheers up soon... poor kitty. Did the vet give you any advice on why she might be so down? That is a very cute picture of her and Moby! Please give her a big hug for me and some scritches maybe that will help her cheer up..;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-31-2002, 09:11 PM
It may be a little too early to ask, but how is Shiloh feeling? Is she still sad? Hope she is feeling better.:)

aly
07-31-2002, 09:59 PM
Thanks for asking about her :) She's not doing any better. I am freaking out about it. I just don't know what to do. I am thinking I won't be able to keep Angelo http://www.plauder-smilies.com/crying2.gif I hope to find Angelo and Moby a wonderful home soon, then I am going to take a break from fostering for a month or so and ssee if Shiloh cheers up. :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-31-2002, 11:01 PM
Poor baby... sorry to hear she is not doing any better.
Hope you can find Angelo and Moby some good homes... are you still going to try and home them together?... Well good luck.. and please give Shiloh some kisses for me.

AmberLee
07-31-2002, 11:23 PM
Hope she's feeling better soon. What a tough spot for you to be in, though...

Best of luck to you and your fur-family...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Oh, Aly, I'm so sorry to hear Shiloh's s depressed. :( Somehow I missed this and didn't know there was a problem. You seemed so happy with little Angelo that I didn't think there was a problem with your other critters. Are you sure it's not the heat, or the summer blues? Even though we have A/C Tubby has just been the biggest couch potato lately. He doesn't want to do anything except eat & sleep. :rolleyes: So maybe Shiloh is experiencing something similar, especially with her long hair. Have you tried spending time with just her and no kittens around? It would be so sad if you had to give up little Angelo. :( Please keep us updated.

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Aly, I'm so sorry to hear about Shiloh's depression. Is she doing any better? I hope that it's not affecting her appetite. Maybe there's some medicine that could help her. Good luck. Please keep us posted. Storm, Pepper, and Sunny send headbumpies and get well wishes.