PDA

View Full Version : Dog Pool Party

lizbud
08-28-2007, 06:15 PM
They have done this in Indy too. People bring their pooches and have a
lot of fun. :)

Dogs to Take Over NY Swimming Pools

Aug 28, 2007 08:27 AM EDT

RAMAPO, N.Y. - Every dog has its day, and for those in this suburban town it's Sept. 9: That's when the pooches will have a pool party.

For the fourth year, Ramapo will mark the end of the dog days of summer with a canine swim at the town pools at the Spook Rock Park.

The event raises money for animal care, educates people about dogs, and gives the dogs a chance to have some doggone fun, organizers said Monday.

More than 250 dogs took a dip at last year's event, called the Dog Days of Summer K-9 Pool Party. Smaller dogs used the kiddie pool, while larger dogs used the main pool.

The town stopped the pools' chlorine treatment before the event because it couldn't figure out a way to keep the dogs from drinking the water. Humans weren't allowed in while the dogs were swimming.

KittyGurl
08-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Awwww...that sounds like tons of fun. I wish I were a dog and went to a pool party:)

elizabethann
08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
There was a city in NH that was going to do that last summer (for a fund raiser). But of course, people freaked out about dogs in a public pool (even though they were draining & closing the pool for the year) and it didn't happen.

I think it's such a wonderful idea.

Ginger's Mom
08-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea. I did hear of somewhere around here having a dog party at the pool the day after it closed to people last year.