PDA

View Full Version : So excited! NEW HORSES!

JuniorxMyxLove
08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
AHA! The event I've been waiting for all summer is FINALLY HERE! OUR BARN IS GETTING TWO NEW HORSES! A paint and an appaloosa. And they're bigger, so i can ride them!! WOOHOO! And they JUMP! wow it just keeps getting better and better! They'll be here sometime tonight...but I don't ride again on saturday. But my trainer says I can probably ride one saturday! WOOHOOO!!!!! They don't have names yet, and i don't know whether they're males females, and what they look like, but i will saturday! I'M SO EXCITED! I've ridden Junior 8 weeks in a row. I love him, but I'm ready for a change! And poor juniors legs are getting messed up from so much jumping. poor guy! But he'll get days off if there are other horses who can jump like 3 feet and up! I can get pics on saturday, but i just had to share NOW! I'm sooooo happy!

Kalei
08-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow That is so awesome! I am so happy for you:D I can't wait to see pics too, Paints are my top of favorite horses. They are so beautiful, and that is really good that you have some horses that are tall enough for you and can jump. Sounds like your days are getting better and better:D

JuniorxMyxLove
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
definitely! Junior was like the ONLY pony big enough for me to jump! hah but these guys (or girls?) are bigger, so like 14.2 and up (lol bigger then junior) I'm so excited to try them out!

we've been short on beginner/jumping horses/ponies since two horses (Streaker and King) died last summer. but now we're not!

i'm so pumped up right now haha.

I'm interested to see what they look like. Other then appaloosa and paint, i don't know. Especially the appaloosa. :D

Kalei
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
That's awesome, I can't wait to see pictures:D My horse is really big for me but that's okay. I'm only 5'1" and my horse is about 16hh lol, so I have to hop off him cause even when I swing my leg over the saddle to reach the ground, I can't reach it lol. I have to hop.

JuniorxMyxLove
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
hahaha you're so little! I was 5'1" (and 3/4 hahahaha long story) in the middle of sixth grade! I know this bc in art one day my art teacher (mr spitzer OMG he was SO cool!) told me to stand against the wall and he put a book on my head. he measured to the bottom of the book and told me how tall i was.

I have no idea why.
but it happened.
I miss mr.spitzer bc he retired after last year.

YAY I'm riding tomorrow!

Kalei
08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Haha I've never heard of anyone using a book before to measure someone. It's funny what some people remember in life isn't it, something as small as a height way back in sixth grade lol. I've been the same height for like ever it seems. I'm 20 years old now and when I was 13 I was the same height lol, but shortness runs in my family.

So have the new horses come yet?

Tomorrow I am going up to see my horse again, I can't wait, and I'll bring back lots of pictures. I just hope he is not different or changed to the point that I second guess getting him, I guess that's just me worrying.

JuniorxMyxLove
09-01-2007, 03:39 PM
*sniff sniff* The new horses were very pretty, but my trainer sounded almost disgusted when she told me "they are NOT school horses" so we still don't have more school horsies. Instead, I rode Rio. grr I HATED riding him.Sorry but he's just plain WIERD. His canter like was so wierd, and his trot kept bouncing me around even when I was posting. Plus his head was ALWAYS down. Here's one picture of us that I've gotten on the computer:
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/8/4/9/0/DSCN3778.JPG
I know its from another site but i downloaded it on to there and was too lazy to go to photobucket to re upload it.
he's pretty, but i had NO fun.

Suki Wingy
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
aw, strange, naughty horses are the best! To make a circle on the left lead Solo needs a bit of left rein, lots or right leg and yes, right rein. :p Whatever. I missed 2 lessons in a row due to first a huge storm where the streets flooded and trees fell and then Solo throwing a shoe and the other schoolie colicking right before my lesson.

JuniorxMyxLove
09-03-2007, 09:27 AM
haha thats really wierd. But at least I seem to fit Rio a little better..for once a horse my legs don't hang off of!
I HATED him yesterday, but now I want to ride him again!!!!!
Here's two more pictures:
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/8/4/9/0/DSCN3691.JPG
THATS how his head was basically the whole lesson.
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/8/4/9/0/DSCN3753.JPG
Bad and blurry, but one of the best action shots my sister got.
And the only one I uploaded. lol
yeah, I have a few others of jumping...only one clear ish one and on of me right afterthe jump and a LOT after the lesson lol. I'll get more later.