PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, Hospital visit :((LONG)

Alysser
08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
In two days, I have to go to my annual heart check-up at Deborah Heart and Lung Center. I hate going! Just the feeling I get, I hate being in any type of hospital, they are so depressing when you have to see the patients. Here they only specialize in heart and lung problems but it's so sad seeing all the seniors who can't walk, or just had surgery. But the worst part is, I hate going to the pediatric ward. There are kids who are like 6 years old who can't even get out of bed. :( It's so sad to see. I really hate seeing it. Since I still qualify as I kid there I have to go to that ward to. I mean, I guess sometimes you really can't spare yourself from that type of suffering and sadness but sometimes I can't stand seeing it.

I had Open Heart Surgery when I was five years old. Now every year they have to check up on things and I have to get all these tests. It takes only an hour or hour and a half, but still. Plus, I get all nervous that they might find something wrong with me and I might need some type of surgery or procedure. I HATE hearing that type of news. I've only had 1 procedure that was related, but I don't want another one. And who knows if I need another major surgery? :( :(

I'm throwing myself a pity party..sorry. I just hate hospitals and all. I would never wish this on anyone else. Worst of all, I never bring it up unless the annual check-up is near because I hate people feeling sorry for me. My parents tell EVERYONE I/they know, and people are always on the phone talking to me about something I don't want to hear. :(

Anyway, I guess I am really trying to ask for a couple of good thoughts that everything goes well? Thanks!

chocolatepuppy
08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry you have to do these tests. Don't feel bad about bringing it up, it's good to get a bit of support. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure everything will be ok. {hugs}

DJFyrewolf36
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
*Hugs* to you! I don't like being in hospitals either...even visiting gives me the creeps. About the only thing I am really bothered with about pregnancy is that I have to go to a hospital :p I always fear bad news, even though I'm reliatively heathly. I'm no good about doctors offices either.

I hope your check up goes well and that everything is OK. Prayers on the way for you.

caseysmom
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
First of all {{{hugs}}} thats heavy stuff to go through at such a young age. Good for your parents keeping up with it, just think of it as prevention, you definetely need to go and make sure things are fine.

Muddy4paws
08-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Hope everything goes well tomorrow, Maybe bring a book or a magazine to try and take your mind off of the waiting room? I find that helps a bit for me.

Anyway I'll look forward to hearing your good news tomorrow ;) :)

Catty1
08-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Wishing you well - that all is ok! :)

Here are some pics of the new Alberta Children's Hospital - maybe you can redecorate some rooms in your mind while you are at your appointment tomorrow.

Waiting room:
http://www.metrodesigngroup.com/images/17ACHF.jpg

An Outside View:
http://www.focus.ca/html/images/community/ach1.jpg

Better outside view (yes, it DOES look like a LEGO set, and children were asked to send drawings of what they wanted the new hospital to look like!)
http://www.wfe.ca/media/projects/little_images/ach-01-web.jpg

To see a large version, click here, then click on the picture of the hospital to get a really good look.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wfe.ca/media/projects/little_images/ach-01-web.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wfe.ca/pages/projects.html&h=229&w=514&sz=34&hl=en&start=20&um=1&tbnid=-Rt6HwsQK6SgsM:&tbnh=58&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAlberta%2BChildren%2527s%2BHospital%2 6ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26cr%3D countryCA%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN

There is a Ronald McDonald house across the street.

Good luck tomorrow! :)

K9karen
08-27-2007, 11:55 PM
*Sigh* I'm sorry you have to go through this unpleasant experience. I've had quite a few pity parties myself, and they do help to relieve your emotions. I'll bring the cheese. Just try to think positive. Hugs

davidpizzica
08-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Maltese__love, I sending Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers to you that your tests come out very well and you pass with flying colors! Being a poster boy for a-fib, I've gone through some of those tests. ((((HUGS))))!!

trayi52
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Hope everything goes okay, sweetie. I know it gets to be pretty tiresome.

You just think positive thoughts, and don't worry, it will be all over in no time at all. I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers to you.

Willie

Babyboonie
08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Big (((((hugs))))) to you. It sounds like you have been through a lot in your young life so far....just remain positive and try to keep smiling. Sending very best wishes your way. :D

Sevaede
08-28-2007, 09:34 AM
*HUG* Hope all goes well at your appt Alyssa. :) Great vibes your way!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-28-2007, 05:52 PM
(((((((HUGS))))))) I pray that everything goes well at your appointment, Alyssa! Let us know how it went!

Kalei
08-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey, don't worry about telling us or the 'pity party' we love Pitbull parties!! :p haha just kidding.

I agree with you completely, I always get depressed in a hospital, if I ever had to stay overnight in a hospital I would die mentally lol, or just sleep through the entire day. I really hope all your tests come out really good, my prayers will be on the way for you:)

animal_rescue
08-28-2007, 07:09 PM
(((((HUGS)))))) It'll be fine!! Just keep positive thoughts in your mind the whole time.

Alysser
08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, the stupid appt. is tommorow. :( Oh joy. :rolleyes: I'll tell you how it goes. At least today I had alot of fun, and tomorrow I will to after the hospital. Thank you guys so much for the prayers a good thoughts! It means a lot to me. :)

Karen
08-29-2007, 12:20 PM
We'll look forward to hearing how it went - because that will mean it's over! Thinking of you today!

Daisy and Delilah
08-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I hope everything is going well. Alyssa. I also don't like going to doctors or hospitals. Keep us posted. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :)

Alysser
08-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Thank you guys for the ongoing support and prayers for me! As you said, it went fine. Nothing wrong here, thank god for that! :D I was kind of sad because the doctor I had is leaving for a job at the University of Vermont and I have had him since I was 5 but otherwise all went well. Thanks so much! Plus, I didn't see any patients today, which is good because I hate seeing sick people.

petslover
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I am glad to hear that your tests went fine and that your visit went okay today.

It is good that your parents have kept up with ongoing checkups to keep you extra healthy!

Kalei
08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Yay! I'm very happy that you are all healthy:D

chocolatepuppy
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Happy to hear all is well Alyssa! :D

davidpizzica
08-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Alyssa, I'm so glad to hear that everything went very well and that you passed with flying colors. I'm glad that you're keeping tabs on your condition.