PDA

View Full Version : (*2008 PT Cats Calendar ~ Send in your entry!*)

Kfamr
08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey all.. It's that time again!

I figured I'd start accepting entries for the calendar. Can we set a few rules though?

Photo MUST be clear.
Please just original photos. No photoshops - however, brightening/darkening, red eye changes, etc. are fine. I will fix the eyes if you are unable to.
Photo MUST be 1600 x 1200 pixels minimum. I don't want to use anything smaller because it won't print out right. If you send something smaller, it will show up small in the calendar.
Photo can be of multiple cats, as long as it's just cats. You must be the owner of the cats.
ONE entry per PT Member, lets give everyone a chance to be in the calendar.
Once you send your photo to me, you're claiming it's ownership as well as giving me the permission to use it.

Lets make the deadline for sending in photos October 1st.

You can view last year's calendars here:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116641
They will be the same price this year: $25

I will also be creating T-Shirts, Mugs, and other items with the images. If you do not want your photo featured in those items, please specify that in your e-mail.

Send all entrys to [email protected] - WAIT! Keep reading before you send..

**IMPORTANT**
PLEASE include the following in your subject line:
"CAT Calendar - <MONTH YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED>"

In the body of the e-mail include the following:
Owner's First Name:
PT Member Name:
Cat Name(s):

----------------------------------

A few photo tips:

-Natural lighting usually makes for the best picture.
-Headshots will make your cat more prominent in the calendar.
-The less background clutter, the better the shot. Flowers, scenery, etc are a nice touch.
-If you have more than one cat, try getting them in one photo so no one is left out.

-------------------------------

Reminders:
-I may not be able to feature your image in the exact month you want.
-October 1st is the deadline to send in your entries.
-One entry means one entry - if you send more than one I will choose which I think will fit best.
-If you have any ideas, concerns, etc. please PM me.
-I will NOT accept entries via PM - e-mail only please!

Here are the photos I've received:

UPDATED 10/01/2007 @ 3:00PM Eastern.

January

Tigger - Kerri (Romance)
Orion - Kenny (ComputerGuy)

February

Pouncer & Mr. Scappy - Gary (Catmandu)
Antoinette - Renee (rkidsrcats)

March

Taz - Cindy (Taz_Zoee)
Max - Vickie (Slick)
Olive & Sophie - Lindsey (3muttsandaboston)

April

Vixen - Michelle (kittycats_delight)
Chipper & Poppy - Lorraine (rg_girlca)

May

Hope Simone - Sanda (kb2yjx)
Squeekers - Amanda (manda_moo87)

June

Tobias Aristotle - Misty (Fuzzybuns)
Lucy - Kurtis (kurtisw)
Linea - Liz & Pete (LuckyNumber7)

July

Snoopy - Lut (Maya & Inka's Mommy)
Oscar & Cole - Candace (Catty1)

August

Sunny - Tracey (Krazyaboutkatz)
Kohl - Katie (kt_luvs_kitties)

September

Taccoa - Helene (lvpets2002)
Frisky - Sarah (AnimalHouse26)

October

Autumn, Rashka, Akela - Maggie (Critter Crazy)
Pheobe - Andrea (Blackrose)

November

Jorgie - Jennie (Jenn_Librarian)
Squeak - Paula (Pawla)

December

Gypsy - Melanie (JuniorxMyxLove)
Perspicacity Purrsonality - AmberLee (AmberLee)

kittycats_delight
08-27-2007, 07:07 AM
woohoo!!! I missed getting any of my babies in last years calender but you can be guarenteed they will be submitted for this one. I have no idea which pic to submit and getting them all together for more than 2 seconds is almost impossible. LOL Frost and Vega won't stay still that long for nothing or no one. Will have to get snapping and get myself a 'masterpiece' lol

lvpets2002
08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
;) Woo Hoo I will getting my pics ready.. Many Thanks Kay & Bless You.. We all look so forward for this each year.. Bigg Huggss

krazyaboutkatz
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I'll definitely be sending in a picture this year too. I really enjoyed the last 2 calendars and I know I'll love next years too.:)

Kalei
08-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Yay! I can't wait to get one this year, these are so cool! Now I must go ravaging through my pictures and see what one I want in:D

Zippy
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks Kay for doing the calendar this year :D
I am thinking of entrying Pumpkin or Zippy

lvpets2002
08-27-2007, 02:58 PM
;) I just sent Kay my wittle Taccoa to be in 2008 calendar.. Many Many Thanks Kay

kb2yjx
08-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Just sent you a photo of Hope Simone!!! The 2007 calendar, located in our kitchen, has received MANY OOO's and HOW CUTE!!!!! You did a great job!!! Looking forward to another great calendar!!!!!!Sandra

Kfamr
08-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I've listed all of the entries I've received. If you're not listed - there was a problem with your entry and I explained why in an e-mail. Please resend! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
I just emailed you Sunny's picture for the month of August. I hope it's good enough.:)

kb2yjx
08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
YEA!!! Hope Simone is THRILLED to know she is on the calendar!!! She was adopted May 16, 2006, that is why I chose May!!! YIPEE!!

Kalei
08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Sent mine!:D

Kfamr
09-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for everyone's entries - I will review them and update the list sometime this weekend. :)

kittycats_delight
09-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I just sent in Vixen for April (her birth month). Let me know if the photo is ok or not. :)

NicoleLJ
09-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I just sent one in of Ajax. Hope it can be used.
Nicole & Sheena & Puppies

momcat
09-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi Kfamr, Thanks for taking on the Cats Calendar project. It's a beautiful keepsake and all your hard work is greatly appreciated. Now for my question. There's a picture of Groucho I'd like to submit for your consideration from photobucket. I go to photobucket and follow all the steps used to post his pictures on PT to get it onto [email protected]. Once when I tried only the IMG address for the picture came up, not the actual picture. Tried a few more times but wasn't able to even get that. When it comes to anything computer, I'm a self admitted techno-moron. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so very much!

Kalei
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi Kfamr, Thanks for taking on the Cats Calendar project. It's a beautiful keepsake and all your hard work is greatly appreciated. Now for my question. There's a picture of Groucho I'd like to submit for your consideration from photobucket. I go to photobucket and follow all the steps used to post his pictures on PT to get it onto [email protected]. Once when I tried only the IMG address for the picture came up, not the actual picture. Tried a few more times but wasn't able to even get that. When it comes to anything computer, I'm a self admitted techno-moron. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so very much!

I dont' know what kind of email you use, but if you use something like hotmail or yahoo, you should be able to open a new message, address it to [email protected] and there will be an option on the tool bar to attach a photo, you then use that option it will browse your documents, find your picture click attach and then send it to Kfamr.

jennielynn1970
09-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I sent one of Jorgie... everyone else was being uncooperative. His is from a while ago, but still he's stunning! :D ;)

JALB
09-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Please just original photos. No photoshops - however, brightening/darkening, red eye changes, etc. are fine. I will fix the eyes if you are unable to.

Is it okay if someone resizes a small photo with Photoshop and sends it in?

Kfamr
09-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Entries are updated as of 9/5/2007 -- everyone should have received an E-mail from me.

If you are not listed the e-mail explained why. :)

Is it okay if someone resizes a small photo with Photoshop and sends it in?

That is okay, but the quality of the photo when being printed will be bad.

rg_girlca
09-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Entries are updated as of 9/5/2007 -- everyone should have received an E-mail from me.

If you are not listed the e-mail explained why. :)

I don't see mine listed for April and I never received an e-mail from you.

Kfamr
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't see mine listed for April and I never received an e-mail from you.

I never received your entry. Please try resending. :)

critter crazy
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I sent mine in. Hope it works!!:D

rg_girlca
09-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I never received your entry. Please try resending. :)

Okay, I resent my entry. Did you receive it this time?

Kfamr
09-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Updated!

DrKym
09-24-2007, 12:24 PM
for Sept have to send in the nekkid girl hope it can be used!

lvpets2002
09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
;) Aweee such a cutie pie & in that wittle tee.. Adorable & yes we need this wittle one on the PT calender..

Kfamr
09-26-2007, 12:42 AM

Feel free to enter her picture - but please do so like it says in the first post. :)

Kfamr
09-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Updated list!

You only have until Monday the 1st! :)

Kfamr
09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Come on - lets get those entries in! Tomorrow (10-01-2007) is your last day!

manda_moo87
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I just sent mine in! :)

Kfamr
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Updated!

krazyaboutkatz
10-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Kay, I just e-mailed you a photo of one of AmberLee's cats for her since I took the picture of him and it's on my computer. It's still Oct.1st here in CA so I hope that the pic is okay and that you'll accept it for the month of December.:)

AmberLee
10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
December

Gypsy - Melanie (JuniorxMyxLove)
Perspicacity Purrsonality - AmberLee (AmberLee)

Squeee! Thank you, Kay for all the work you've put in. I'm delighted my little guy will be Mr. December.

And thank you, KAK, for setting this up. With my computer/computer-camera problems, I didn't think it could happen this year. I appreciate your efforts.

Kfamr
10-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Calendars are available!
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1922683

catmandu
02-21-2008, 05:52 PM
OOOPS!
I just noticed that Mr Scrappy is now renamed Scappy.
Oh well mistakes will happen, but Scappy doesnt have the same ring as Scrappy.

cassiesmom
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
A nominee for 2009 ... Kirsten's Lily, smiling with a bubble ...
http://www.catmom.de/pix/bubble14.jpg

momcat
08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
A nominee for 2009 ... Kirsten's Lily, smiling with a bubble ...
http://www.catmom.de/pix/bubble14.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more! Lily and Luna are so beautiful but Kirsten's photography is always an awesome work of art! What a talented young woman!!!!!