PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a doggy Doorstop??

critter crazy
08-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Duke has this horrible habit of laying infront of doors. Which normally wouldnt be a huge issue, but he stays there even when you open doors. you literally have to push his body with the door, he wont budge!! he is such a huge Goof Ball!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Dogs/100_3605.jpg

mr.chiwawa
08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Too funny. Mister is too small to make an impact like that . :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Lol, Echo (last Rottie) did that all the time too. I'm glad none of my current dogs have that habit. Very cute picture. :)

Giselle
08-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, hey, now burglars can't get in! Very smart ;)

Ginger's Mom
08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Ah, a dog who has figured out how to guard the house and get a good night's sleep at the same time. Smart boy.

Karen
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Our Saint Bernard when I was a kid would always lie in the doorway between the kitchen and the rest of the house. At 185 pounds, she was a lot of dog to step over, but step over we did! But when my grandfather was visiting, as soon as he stood up, she awake from a seemingly sound sleep, move out of the doorway until he passed through, then go right back to sleep back in the doorway again. He had bad arthritis in his joints, and walked with a cane - he couldn't have lifted his foot high enough to get over her anyway ...
so she'd move for him, but no one else! And trying to move her by pushing was like pushing on 185 pounds of jello - she'd just go limp, so push on one part, fine, but the rest of the dog didn't move!

critter crazy
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
On most days it is quite entertaining, but on days like today, where we were trrying to move things around, it was quite difficult! He looks up at you like" Oh....am I suppsed to move for you??":rolleyes: