PDA

View Full Version : The world's quickest adoption???

jenluckenbach
08-26-2007, 07:14 PM
OK. So we had an adoption event today. I brought Tonton and Joy and they will be staying at the adoption cener for a little while looking for the right family. I was to pick up a 6 week old tabby kitten.

So, the rescuer of said kitten (a previous adopter) brough the baby, all vetted (by her) with a clean bill of health, a carrier, canned and wet food, toys and a monetary donation on top of that. Baby Mimsy, as she was to be called, was a gorgeous brown tabby with the largest eyes I have ever seen on a 1.1 pound kitten. She was obviously at least 7 weeks old (if not 8) as her eyes were no longer baby blue.

She sat in her carrier all day and minutes before we would have packed up for the day a young man and his giirlfriend asked to see her. Love at first sight. And I was very impressed by his mannerisms and cat sense.

So the little foster that would have been, already HAS he forver home (and me with no pictures. :( ) But catnapper can vouch for her cuteness. :D

catmandu
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Thta has to be very gratifying to have the Kitten adopted so quickly Jen but we have the feeling that you would have liked a little time with her. COCATLATIONS from the Found Cat Paradise Hotel.

catnapper
08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
LOL - I knew she wouldn't last long!

Yup, I can personally vouch for how cute she was. She hated her name though -- she squealed when she heard her name ;)

jenluckenbach
08-26-2007, 07:39 PM
She hated her name though -- she squealed when she heard her name ;)
Sad, but true. :(

But I thought it was a totally ADORABLE name for her. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2007, 11:27 PM
This is wonderful news.:) She sure sounds like a cutie pie.:)

Kalei
08-27-2007, 09:06 AM
wow, that is just such good news to hear:):D I always could never see why anyone could turn down a kittens face.