PDA

View Full Version : Chewies..

Giselle
08-26-2007, 12:06 AM
What do you all give your heavy chewers??? I wanted to buy a Kevlar dog toy for Ivy, but the kind I remember from years ago is no longer being made. They only make Kevlar frisbees now and I don't think this is up Ivy's alley. She's more of a floppy towel, dog bed, blanket type of gal ;) Plus, it's about $18 with shipping so I don't want to bite the bullet (no pun intended) unless I know that she's going to chew it. And I'm NOT a fan of Nylabones, but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and give it to her - supervised, of course. Anybody have experience with these two toys in particular?

She likes balls, but not really. Kongs are only interesting when they're stuffed. Boomer Balls and these type of "indestructible" toys aren't up her alley. She looooves stuffed animals, but the 20-something toys I bought for her have been completely demolished. Anybody know of an indestructible plush toy???

Zippy
08-26-2007, 11:17 AM
I have never had a huge chewer.But for Bandit we would go to the dollar store get the dollar stuffies and he would have fun destorying them.Cheep and Fun for him.I know they have bones on drsfostersmith.com for heavy chewers.

Seravieve
08-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Ive posted this before... but Im always on the hunt as well for super durable doggy toys.. as our three destroy just about everything. Rhino bones seem to hold up well in our house. They are more expensive than the run-of-the-mill dog toy.. but they actually last. We also have Kongs.. but as you said, they arent of interest. Racket balls seem to be holding up as well. Eli loves squeaky balls but they get eaten quickly. So we've bought two containers of racket balls.. seems that they get lost quicker than destroyed. Theres the regular blue ones.. and then theres a high-durability one.. thats purple. We havent had any get destroyed yet. =) And they seem to be cheap.. $3 or so for a container of 3.. Sports dept in Walmart is where ours have came from.

We too buy stuffed animals.. or give them the happy meal stuffies.. but Im always vacuuming 5 minutes after Ive given them one.. because it looks like it snowed in our living room. So its not really worth it when your dog is a super-chewer.

Crikit
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I think I've still seen some of the kevlar toys up here in a variety of styles from kong shaped tugs to animal shapes but I can't quite be positive, I can do some checking around next time I'm out getting stuff for the goonies ...which should be soon as I need to get dog food...and see if I can find any and who makes them.