PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Kitty collars do you use???

critter crazy
08-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I was just curious to see what Kind of collar all of our feline friends are sporting these days. I use the saftey collar, and each one has a bell on, I find the bell a great way to keep track of kitties wearabouts. they all have a different sounding bell so i know who is who. Not that i realy need that, cause the one that is constantly jingling, is more than likely Autumn, as she is always on the go!!:D

http://www.thatpetplace.com/images/thumb/P38686.jpg

so what kinds are your kitties sporting???

kt_luvs_kitties
08-25-2007, 11:46 PM
;I usually use the safety(break away) collars. I also use the elastic banded ones that will get wider if kitty is stuck. I have TONS of collars, but my FAVORITE are the plastic/latex/polyester ones that dont frey and mess up within a day. :p ;)

mrspunkysmom
08-25-2007, 11:47 PM
none. They lose them. Spunky gets caught under stuff and Sam is an escape artist. Either way i have to move furniture to get the collars back on a daily basis. try lifting a queen bed on your own. :D

Scooter's Mom
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Scooter doesn't have one, he HATES them and will try killing himself to get rid of it. I have a safety collar on Charlie, with a bell on it. Mainly because I love hearing him "ting ting ting" all over the place when he's following me. He's neurotic and HAS to be where I go, so I get to hear it often.
:D

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I use the safety break away collars but I took off the bells because it would be way to noisy around here. Sunny became so stressed out when he was wearing his collar that he became sick so he's the only one without one. All of my cats are also microchipped.:)

Pearl,Ziggy, and Starr all wear the plastic/latex/polyester ones that kt_luvs_kitties was referring to and now I finally have collars that are tough enough to stand up to these cats. Sky and Storm just wear the fabric kind and they do well with these.:)

Felicia's Mom
08-26-2007, 07:50 AM
All my cats but Felicia wore a collar. Felicia always fought one and I was afraid she would hurt herself. So I left it off. On the other hand, my cat Shadow loved her collar. If I ever took it off, she would meow at me until I put it back on. Inky, Cleo and Beau all wore collars but none cared if they did or not.

All collars but Inky's were safety ones.

Medusa
08-26-2007, 07:52 AM
No collars. I tried one on Boo years ago and he chewed it off in 10 minutes. That took care of that.

Freedom
08-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Safety collars with bell and ID tag. But they only wear the collars when we are traveling, not when here at home. Even when the 4 come outside in the fenced in back yard I don't put the collars on. I am SO glad we fenced int he yard, makes everything lots easier.

Bobby has his collar on all the time, right now. Well, since shortly after he arrived. He is still very skittish and as he is all black it is impossible to tell where he is without the bell. Poor guy, seems he has needed meds from Day 1. Ear infections; eye infections; corneal scratch; now this rash with the Prednisone. Plus with his head tilt, I have to make sure he gets enough to eat, which means getting him in the sewing room and he just doesn't seem to understand that is his feeding station! :rolleyes: Bobby'scollar also has a medical ID as he has the head tilt condition. My Amber also wore a medical ID when he was alive.

Now Chaplin, he's been here less than a month and when I saw "food in the dish" he dashes from where ever he is to his feeding station, no problem.

Catlady711
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm probably one of the rare few that doesn't use break away or elastic cat collars except when I'm training my cats to them. All but my youngest 3 (I'm still working with them) are leash trained so I use small dog collars. I can't have a collar that allows escaping when I'm walking on a leash, one pull the right direction and they'd be free which would defeat the purpose of leashing them. Mine only wear their collars when walking on the leash, or traveling, the rest of the time they go naked. lol ;)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/Dusty4.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/122-2264_IMG.jpg

Zippy
08-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I use break away collars. :) They are don't use the fabric ones because Pumpkin's alwas end up fraded and looking horriable so I use the plastic/latex/polyester ones.They have bells and I am making I.D.tags soon.
Link to pictures:Blue-Pumpkin and Pink-Zippy
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=25343743 02023690&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033674&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441812909&bmUID=1188144470205

RedHedd
08-26-2007, 11:21 AM
None - my gal is nekkid :D

KittyGurl
08-26-2007, 11:37 AM
No of my cats have collars. Well, they do, well Snow does anyway. They always lose them. Angel had a pink collar with a bell on it but she got out one day and came back with no collar on. Snow had a sky blue collar, but it's nowhere to be found.

Kalei
08-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Bobo is wearing a black safety snap on color with his name tag, and Kalypso is wearing a pink color with diamonds on it and her name tag and a bell. So I always know where she is cause she jingles lol.

I don't have to worry bout where bobo is cause he's always on my bed or in the litterbox lol.

critters
08-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Ari wears a kitten-size harness all the time; she's so very disabled by CH that it gives me a convenient handle to help her drink or whatever (she always gets her tail in a twist to be scruffed).

catmandu
08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Precious is flea allergic so she has a flea collar but the Other Found Ctas lose thier so quickly than I have given up putting them on.
I used to buy Ova Collars but at 20 dollars each thats too expensive to see them discarded on the floor.

mruffruff
08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Mac is my only inside/outside cat. He has a safety collar with his rabies tag and an ID tag. He's worn it for nearly a year without losing it--until last week. I replaced it when he got his annual check up last Thursday. The others are still a little feral and won't let me put collars on them. I would like to, but I'm not too crazy about severe scratches.