PDA

View Full Version : Come meet "CHESTER"

rg_girlca
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi there, my name is Chester and I want to tell you a bit about my story.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pb43f331ee1df7ed95c73195878d1a4ac/e7fa0a43.jpg

I landed up on this street about 3 weeks ago. I was very scared as I didn't know anyone and everytime someone would talk to me, I would growl and screech at them and would scare them away. But this one lady just kept talking so softly to me and wasn't scared at all. Everytime she saw me, she talked to me in such a soothing voice that I felt bad growling at her, so I stopped doing that to her as she seemed very nice, especially when she would put food down for me. Then I started to follow her to see where she lived. She started to put food out on her balcony for me and I would sneak up to eat when she went back into the house. I was still a little scared.
Then yesterday I decided to get closer to this nice lady and let her pet me. Oh her hand felt so good petting my head that I just melted to her touch.
Here I am eating.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pf7a488f7366d0b4bebb494323a89c121/e7fa0a05.jpg
Here I am between the nice lady's legs. I feel so secure with her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p9d1a9ef8febda509002af145c196bb9d/e7fa0998.jpg

I heard her talking about bringing me to the white coats the first chance she gets, but I don't want to go, I want to stay with the nice lady. I know she has other cats, because they are always in the window watching me.
See....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe49c8b2a623733129a157c4c6dd30377/e7fa0059.jpg

Don't go away, more in next post. :D

rg_girlca
08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Another picture of Chester.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p842d24a8915978239e35c9d65c5a97b6/e7fa09d5.jpg

NO, he is not a keeper people. LOL!!!! No one on the street seems to know where this little guy came from. I don't want to bring him into the house just yet and he seems to not be well. That's why I want to get him to the vets ASAP!!! I think he might be about 10 months to a year old. Not fixed, but eyes look clear though and ears are clean. But he seems to be missing some teeth and his mouth looks a little red.
When I first approached him, he came out with this God awful screech that took me by surprise, but I laughed about it. I was so shocked when he came up to me on Thursday and started to rub up against me. Since then, he just wants to be petted and petted and petted and petted some more.
Wish me luck with this guy, with the vets and finding him a new home.
I still haven't even found a home yet for Lindy Lou. :eek:

critter crazy
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh Chester you are so handsome!!! Please let he nice lady take you to the White coats, so you can get all better and find a nice lovely home!! are Definitely need it handsome!!:)

jennielynn1970
08-25-2007, 08:58 PM
OH, he is sooooo handsome!! Look at those eyes! I hope you can get him to the vet and get a clean bill of health. Poor guy. Abandoned and scared in the big world, no wonder he screeches at everyone. Glad he's letting you get close to him.... maybe he WANTS to be a keeper! ;) :p

Bengalz
08-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Poor little guy - who knows what he's been through and finally, a kind soul that he can trust :) Huge compliment to you Lorraine - Chester knows a good person when he meets one ;)

K & L
08-25-2007, 09:17 PM
It's amazing how cats know where to go isn't it! :D He looks precious and I hope he finds a home real soon!

Kalei
08-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Hello Chester, I am so glad you found the nice lady, and she will find you a forever home, who couldn't want you? You are gorgeous! I hope that the vet can get you all nice and fixed up and please don't screech and hurt the vet okay?

kt_luvs_kitties
08-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Lorraine, Thank God for you! I think he is just TOO handsome, reminds me of a male version on Scout, Lori's kitty!

I pray that all is well with him, and that he finds a loving forever home VERY soon!

AND by the way:
I still haven't even found a home yet for Lindy Lou.

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with that! *smirk*

catfamily
08-25-2007, 10:19 PM
your the kindest lady to help so many in need. :) i hope they both get a home soon.i really hope he isn't ill.good luck.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Awww....the poor little guy is starved for attention, and he knew right where to go to get it.

Here's hoping the white coats only have good news, and he is adopted and in his furrever home real soon.

Love the look on Poppy's face in the window! :D

Catty1
08-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Awww....I love how he just melted....Chester, there are a lot of nice people like this nice lady, and she will make sure that the whitecoats are good to you, and that you will have the bestest home ever! :)

You sure are a handsome boy!

jazzcat
08-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh my, what a handsome boy he is! I agree with Katie, there is a little of Scout in that handsome boy.

Okay Lorraine, I know what you said but I do think you need a little orange in the house. :D

Bless you!!!!

rg_girlca
08-26-2007, 12:25 AM
First off, thank you all for your nice comments. :)

Secondly, Jennie, Katie & Lori, BITE your tongues young ladies!!!!!!!
Lindy Lou & Chester are fosters and foster ONLY!!!!!!! :p :)

In fact, I just received an e-mail tonight inquiring about Lindy Lou.
So please keep your fingers crossed.

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm so glad that you're able to help Chester and I hope he'll receive a clean bill of health. He sure is a handsome orangie.:) I hope that Lindy Lou will also find her new loving forever home soon even though I think that you need to keep her so your boys will have a sister.;)

rg_girlca
08-26-2007, 01:14 AM
AAAARRRRGGGG another one who needs to bite her tongue!!!!!! ;)

Tonight as I was sitting outside, up comes Chester and hops right in my lap.
After what seemed like forever of pettings, he finally fell asleep for about an hour. Tomorrow I will be bringing him to the vets. I'm curious to see how he will be with the white coats and how he handles being in a cat carrier. Gee, now that I think about it, I hope he is around tomorrow morning.

G535
08-26-2007, 01:14 AM
I can't understand how that gorgeous cat is not being looked after in his own home. You must have a sign outside your place, something like "all stray cats welcome here". :)

Felicia's Mom
08-26-2007, 07:27 AM
I hope Chester finds a good home.

Medusa
08-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Aw, Chester knew right where to go. You must have a sign that says "Craxy Cat Lady" like my house did. :p Good luck w/the trip to the vet. And keeping fingers and paws crossed for Lindy Lou.

Barbara
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Chester has a nose just like Fister- with that very light pink.
I hope his bill of health will be all clean- the rest we'll see ;)

KittyGurl
08-26-2007, 11:51 AM
He's a keeper:p

Hope he finds a home soon. He should since he is so darn adorable!

sirrahbed
08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Lorraine!! :D THIS thread made me smile ;) You know this soft spot I have for orangies. Chester sounds like such a sweet and smart boy. I hope he gets a good bill of health and a home. I would think a young and friendly cat would be welcomed somewhere. In the meantime, I am REALLY glad he picked YOUR house :D :D

Donnaj4962
08-26-2007, 02:46 PM
He is adorable! I hope he gets a clean bill of health at the white coats tomorrow.... and then he will be back in your loving care! ;)

:::waving::: Hi Chester! Welcome to PT!

catnapper
08-26-2007, 04:16 PM
How handsome you are Chester. You seem to have good taste in hoomans - this one is a very nice hooman who will do everything she can to find you a great home of your own!

orangemm
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Chester, you are one smart boy! You know the right hooman to pick!! Stay right where you are; do not pass GO, do not collect $200, just stay put and everything will be fine.

I cannot believe your luck, Lorraine! There must be a sign somewhere telling all cats in need to hang out on your street. Bless you for looking out for this sweet guy.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow!!

jenluckenbach
08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
** biting tongue ** :p

momcat
08-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey there, Chester! I'm very pleased to meet you! And what a handsome kitty boy you are. Of all the people in Montreal, you made an excellent choice. I know this nice lady and when it comes to sweet little kitties like you she'll do all she can to help. Please don't worry about seeing the whitecoat. Doctor is your friend and only wants to be sure that you don't get sick plus he'll make your ouchies go away. And don't forget, the nice lady will be right there with you. Chester, would you ask her to give you lots of scritchies, tummy rubs and smoochies from me?

Lorraine, That yelp you heard is me chomping on my tongue if you get my meaning here.....

catmandu
08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Its so sad when a Creature of God is so nelgected.
Heres this Big Orange Cat who would give you all the love he had and somebody set him adrift. These fools value a TV over a Cat.
You can get TVS anywhere but they will never love you like a Pet Companion. Bless You for rescuing Chester and please let us know just how hes doing.