PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull improvement! =D

Alysser
08-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Today I went to and Old car show with my parents because my sister is a manager of a group preforming there. We went to see the group. Anyway, while coming out of a restraunt we passed a kid holding a Female pitbull on a leash and a Pitbull PUPPY! My mom doesn't like pitbulls, she usually avoids them if she see's one walking on a leash or whatever. So, the female pitbull came up to her and started wagging her tail wanting to be petted. She looked ALOT like Ebony. Anyway, my mom started petting her and talking to her and she was fully aware it was a pitbull. The guy comes up with the puppy, who was 6 weeks and said he had 9 more at home. He said they were $1000 for a pup. My mom got this look in her eye and stared at me and for a minute I thought she was going to say "We'll take it!" Unfortunately she didn't. She wouldn't stop making a fuss over the puppy. He was SO sweet and the adult female with him was the Mama dog. She kept jumping on me to be petted. Although I can't say I am any closer to getting another dog, I think my mom is starting to like pitbulls. :)

I am really happy about this though. My dad was begging her for the dog because he wants a pitbull but she kept saying no. So, no I didn't come home with another dog, but I came home with a Mom who is starting to see what the pitbull really is. She used to say all this crap when I brought the subject up. Now she won't stop making compliments about them.

:D

Pointless thread but I am just kinda happy. I didn't approve of the breeding dogs though. The guy looked like he was 19. But I could tell he loved his dogs.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Good for your mom!!! That's sooo awesome that she got to see the true Pit Bull today! I probably wouldn've been all over that pup! ;)
Hey Alyssa... wanna take my mom to that car show?? Just kidding, but I really wish my mom would have a liking for this wonderful breed!

crow_noir
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
:D That's so cool. Thanks for sharing! Thank you also for helping her to see the light. Glad that she got to meet some nice ones.

S.O. is slooooowly changing his opinion about them. I don't think he'll ever be a fan of them though. He really doesn't like their looks. I don't think he'd be opposed to me fostering one anymore though. :D That's fine by me. Not one of the breeds I'm enthusiastic about having for my own one day, (but I'm not opposed to the idea either.) I love helping them out when i can.

Going to a conference like the one PTer mentioned (that they discovered by accident) is where you find some fine Am Staffs. and Staffie breeders. There you'd know what you'd be getting. If sure if you have all those "pitties" interacting together it is HIGHLY doubtful that they come from fighting lines ;)

...So, no I didn't come home with another dog, but I came home with a Mom who is starting to see what the pitbull really is. ...

sure, after i post i find the thread... Hey Pitty Lovers! by Edwina's Secretary http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=132609

Karen
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh how fun! Pittie puppy love! I am glad you are "rehabilitating" your mom's view of the breed.

I was at a state park today and met a Boxer pup - with the wrinkliest forehead! She was 12 weeks old, and washed my whole face for me when I bent to meet her. And to think some people are afraid of Boxers, too, and equate them with the media's portrayal of "evil pitbulls."

jesse_3
08-27-2007, 12:04 AM
And to think some people are afraid of Boxers, too, and equate them with the media's portrayal of "evil pitbulls."

Lots of people think that Boxers and Pitties are the same, I just shake my head. Yes, they are both magnificent breeds, but very different!!

Congrats to your mom! That is awesome that she is changing, too bad my dad is having a tough time knowing I like pitties...