PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Chase Utley

momcat
08-25-2007, 11:49 AM
A story has been on our local news these past few days. A dog was found who was beaten, tortured, kicked repeatedly and her face set on fire. This poor dog is in pretty bad shape and may need a leg amputated.

Chase Utley plays baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies major league baseball team. He and his wife were at the shelter when this poor dog was brought in. Mr. & Mrs. Utley told the shelter that they will pay for any and all veterinary costs as well as whatever rehabilitation this poor dog might need...they said they'll cover the entire cost of giving this dog a chance for a full recovery and a second chance for the life that every pet deserves!

Lately the horror stories about Michael Vick's involvement with dog fighting has dominated the news. (may he rot in jail for what he did!). How wonderful it was to learn of what the Utley's are doing for a frightened and horribly abused animal!

To Mr. & Mrs. Utley, thank you and bless both of you for stepping up to the plate here. Because of your generosity and compassion, this beautiful dog will not only have a second chance at life but she's sure to become some lucky person's devoted and loyal companion. And Mr. Utley, even though I'm a Yankees fan I will be buying one of your jerseys as my way to thank you for your extraordinary gift to this poor dog!

PT friends, please join me in praying for the dog's complete and rapid recovery and from there finding her way to a loving, caring and safe furever home!

critter crazy
08-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Awwww.....It is nice to see people who actuallu do care!!!! Prayers fpr the poor dogs full recovery!!!

Medusa
08-25-2007, 01:14 PM
OMG, of course. Bless all involved in helping this poor dog.

Felicia's Mom
08-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks to Chase Utley and prayers for this dogs recovery.

catmandu
08-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Thats very good of the Utleys and we pray that that Poor Dog gets a Furr Ever Home. And that something very bad happens to the cowardly creep who tortured one of Gods Creatures.

rg_girlca
08-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Talk about LES. This poor, poor dog. WHY? WHY? WHY???????

Big time prayers on the way that this precious dog makes a full and speedy recovery and lands up in a home where he knows nothing but love, which he so deserves.

Thanks and blessings go out to Mr. & Mrs. Utley for being so caring and generous on helping this dog.

Momcat, will you be able to keep us updated on this story?

momcat
08-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Momcat, will you be able to keep us updated on this story?
You bet! Since I first heard about this I've been watching the news and sports closely for any follow up. Nothing more so far. In a short while I plan to go to Dog General to see if they know anything. I'll post this story there if necessary. This is something that needs to be told, especially the Utley's "from their hearts" generosity and compassion. Chase Utley is one of the good guys. Mr. and Mrs. Utley deserve recognition as well as our thanks for saving this dog's life!

momcat
08-28-2007, 05:46 PM
This is from a PT'er from Dog General.....

A reward was being raised by the Pennsylvania SPCA to find a group of men who participated in the beating and burning of a mixed breed boxer in a West Philadelphia neighborhood.

Police were called around 4:15 pm Thursday to the 100 block of North Hirst Street by neighbors who said they had seen the men attack the female dog. The animal also suffered third degree burns over its face and left hind leg. The dog was taken to the SPCA shelter in North Philadelphia where- because of the seemingly senseless nature of the crime- she was given the name Y-Me?

Phillies second baseman Chase Utley and his wife, Jennifer, picked up the tab for the dog's medical and rehabilitation expenses, SPCA Lisa Rogers said yesterday.

She said those expenses could run as high as $3,000. Donations for a reward to seek out and prosecute the perpetrators were being accepted, Rogers said. Donations can be sent to Pennsylvania SPCA at 350 E. Erie Ave. Philadelphia 19134 or on the web at www.pspca.org

Still no word on how Y-Me is doing.

RICHARD
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Great story.

And don't forget Tony LaRussa and his outstanding contributions to animal welfare!

http://www.arf.net/about_arf/history.html