PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Hugs

Kalei
08-25-2007, 10:49 AM
So I don't usually buy unhealthy fish when shopping for them. I have always picked out the healthy ones and bought them. But today I went to the pet store to get myself a new algae eater, since its been awhile that I haven't had one. And this pet store keeps all their algae eaters in one tank, meaning that there are about 50 algae eaters all together in a 15 gallon. They always look so skinny and unhealthy, I mean how do they expect the algae eaters to get food when there are 50 in there.

So I wanted to get one that was really healthy, but the pet store employee couldn't catch it in amongst the rest, so she caught any random one and put it in the bag, it was a very skinny, small algae eater and his fins were all nipped and slightly shreded. I was going to say no but then I thought you know sick fish usually always heal in my tank, so I bought him in the hopes that maybe I could save his little life. So meet Hugs:

http://i16.tinypic.com/643mwsi.jpg

http://i18.tinypic.com/4kkvfb6.jpg

http://i12.tinypic.com/67s49ef.jpg

:)

Zippy
08-25-2007, 12:29 PM
He is adorable.I will send prayers he feels better.What's his name?

Kalei
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I named him Hugs :D:p;) Not sure why, it just came to mind when I seen him because he looked like he needed a hug.

Alysser
08-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Kalei, I really hope Hugs(cute name!) turns out to be ok. He's very cute, and I know with your care he will be ok. Hopefully he doesn't end up like Ecco, Don't know if you heard about him, but unfortunately he didn't make it. I'll be praying for the little cutie. I am very very partial to algae eaters.

Kalei
08-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Kalei, I really hope Hugs(cute name!) turns out to be ok. He's very cute, and I know with your care he will be ok. Hopefully he doesn't end up like Ecco, Don't know if you heard about him, but unfortunately he didn't make it. I'll be praying for the little cutie. I am very very partial to algae eaters.

Yes, I did hear about Ecco, I think I replied on your Memorial thread, poor Ecco. If I remember correctly he's the one you saved at the exhibition. Ecco at least got to see a real home for a little while and now he has a wonderful at the Rainbow Bridge.

Genny
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Hugs is very cute. I was shopping for fish once (goldfish) and I got a few of the 28 cent kind at wal mart. One I picked out had his top fin chewed off and his tail was bit on some. I got him and brought him home and he turned out to be a very big and healthy fish. His fins grew back in no time and he was really neat. His name was Leo. I had him for about 5-6 years....

By the way cute name!! :D

Freedom
08-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Fins do recover and regrow, I've had that happen as well. Hugs sure is lucky to have you taking him home!

Chilli
08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Aww, positive vibes headed out for Hugs. I'm sure he'll make it. :) Plecos are hardy little suckers.
Its so cute to see one that little! I got my pleco at 6", so he wasn't exactly on the small size.
Good luck to the little guy!

Kalei
08-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Aww, positive vibes headed out for Hugs. I'm sure he'll make it. :) Plecos are hardy little suckers.
Its so cute to see one that little! I got my pleco at 6", so he wasn't exactly on the small size.
Good luck to the little guy!

Thanks so much everyone, I just checked on him again and he is already eating algae and his fin is perked up:):D I think he'll be just fine:) And right now he is not even 2" long, he's just a wittle baby.