PDA

View Full Version : off PT for a bit/remodeling

joycenalex
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
this afternoon, after i get home from work, i'm taking the computer room apart for painting and resetting the room. it's been 5 years here with the same set up, so it's time to update. see you in maybe 10 days as i finish all the projects. :) and right now, i feel overwhelmed by the idea :eek: , but it's gonna be great :D

Ginger's Mom
08-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Good luck with your remodeling, Joyce. Yeah, I understand the feeling, I need to do some things around here, but every time I think about the work involved I decide to play on the computer instead. :) I am sure you will feel great with what you have accomplished when it is done. Hurry back.

Kalei
08-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds like fun yet alot of hard work. I re-painted my room not too long ago and after two walls I was so sick of it and just wanted it done lol.

I bet it will look really nice though:D

pitc9
08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Good luck and HAVE FUN!! :p

Come back soon!

Bengalz
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Have great fun with your project and don't forget to take pictures :)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Have fun!! I love remodeling, I always seem to have some kind of project going on around here.

joycenalex
08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
>>grumble...grumble<<, plumber doesn't show up...grumble, grumble... not even a call...grumble...grumble....paint looks funny....ugh

Kalei
08-28-2007, 02:46 PM
ugh that's not good, call the plumber again and yell at him! No just kidding, but call and complain lol.

joycenalex
08-29-2007, 07:42 AM
new plumber chosen last night, contract to be signed tonight, good referrences from close friend, so this is hopeful. there will soon be a new toilet, pedestal sink, flooring and drywall behind the sink and toilet. the kitchen will be painted sunday, the hall trim and computer room will be painted sunday (and i really owe shawn and chad for this), and i'll be priming the bedroom on saturday, painting on sunday, and the rooms reassembled by tuesday. the electrician is coming in an hour for the last of the kitchen electrical stuff. no, i'm not very stressed, just b/c my hair is standing upright and there is more caffine then blood in my veins....must remember to breathe........

pitc9
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Take a Deeeeeep breath...... (please remember to exhale :p )
and repeat after me...

It will all be worth it in the end.

:D

joycenalex
08-29-2007, 07:23 PM
...exhale....shooo....thanks angie. electrician done, plumber, round one tomorrow pm.

anna_66
08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Sounds like your finally on track with this plan Joyce. Hope it all goes off without a hitch!

joycenalex
09-09-2007, 08:38 AM
the computer room will be back tonight. the bathroom needs to be cleaned and 2 shelves put up, the kitchen will be finished by next friday. i have invited my very nice new neighbors to lunch next sunday, so i have a timeline. i would never never try tearing up the bath and kitchen at the same time. it was awful, a huge mess. those rooms are back to back and in my foolishness, i thought the fact of electrical and plumbing upgrades in both rooms would be easy. it was not. if you do this, do it BEFORE you are living in the house. dust, boxes, fast dood, yogurt and agitated critters are every where.
the bright side is that i will be posting pictures next week, when i can find the camera cables.