View Full Version : Give This Poor Woman A Break

lizbud
08-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Some Police Depts. havenothing better to do I guess. Give this old lady
a break. Geeze :D

Woman, 71, Arrested for 'Special' Plant

By Associated Press
7:51 AM CDT, August 24, 2007

GREENSBORO, N.C. - A 71-year-old woman was arrested on drug charges after a chest-high marijuana plant was found in her yard, a plant she said was meant to keep animals away from her garden.

A sheriff's deputy saw the plant as he drove past Betty Holt Walker's home earlier this month, according to Capt. Tony Caliendo of the Guilford County Sheriff's Department.

The deputy stopped to investigate and found five smaller plants behind a shed, as well as marijuana stems and seeds, and a water bong made from a soda bottle inside the house, Caliendo said.

Walker told the deputy she found the first plant -- which had grown to more than 4 feet tall when he saw it -- in her garden and repotted it. She said it was a special plant used to keep animals out of her front yard.

"This wasn't something that was meant to keep animals away," Caliendo said.

Walker is due in court Sept. 12 to face charges of manufacturing marijuana and felony possession of marijuana. A daughter who lives in the home was unaware the plants were in the yard and was not charged, Caliendo said.

Lady's Human
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Slow day in the precinct.....

Slower day for the AP

lute
08-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh GEEZLEPETE!!! Give it up! Poor lady. whether she was smoking the plants or not, it's such a common hobby that I think they could have possibly found someone else to pick on. I honestly don't see anything wrong with smoking it. It doesn't kill people like beer can...which is LEGAL!

RICHARD
08-25-2007, 01:30 PM
She should get the Ritchie terms of probation.

82 minutes in the clink and an apology from the city.

---------

Actually, that would have been a great training exercise for SWAT and a K-9 unit.

Mace and Tase her, a little chin music with a baton and glorious justice would have been served.

--------

Liz,

Are you actually supporting criminal activity by a septagenarian?

What's next, running stop signs? Driving 5 below the speed limit? ;)

lizbud
08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Liz,

Are you actually supporting criminal activity by a septagenarian?

What's next, running stop signs? Driving 5 below the speed limit? ;)

Why not, I'll bet it works wonders for the pains of arthritis. Besides. I'm not
too sure her "special" plant wouldn't keep the garden critters away. :)

Randi
08-25-2007, 04:30 PM
You would think the police department had better things to do! :rolleyes:

sparks19
08-25-2007, 06:25 PM
A few years ago in London Ontario a lady was busteed with two houses full of pot plants..... it was somewhere around $500,000 worth of plants.... Know what her sentence was?

2 years of HOUSE ARREST LOL. That should be plenty of time for her to replenish her stash lol. That cracked me up.

RICHARD
08-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Why not, I'll bet it works wonders for the pains of arthritis. Besides. I'm not
too sure her "special" plant wouldn't keep the garden critters away. :)

My grandmother, who lived to be a good age, 98, would soak pot in alcohol and rub it on her joints-no, not those JOINTS-for her arthritis.

Honest!

king2005
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
My grandmother grew a HUGE pot plant once, however she had no idea what it was. she thought it was cute looking.. Her son got it for his b-day & it was dying, so she took it, & repotted it as it grew. She was all proud of it & had it displayed in the window. People kept telling her what it looked like. I forget how, but she learned what it was & murdered it :D She chopped it & put it into the trash before anyone new what she did to it :D

My poor grandma lol

If this old lady was growing them in the front yard, I'm sure she wasn't smoking them. The bong was more then likely her daughtors.

I'm not for or against pot. My friend has a licence to smoke it for his cronic pain. hes 42 & I've seen him curled up trying not to cry. His meds don't always work, so he needs his pot to help. The pot stops his hands from cramping as much too.

When I'm around people smoking pot my anxiety hardly ever bothers me. I don't smoke it as I'm just not interested (I've tried it, but just not interested).

moosmom
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
My father had 3 pot plants he grew from seedlings. He nutured them, fertilized them and watched them grow under a light in his closet. Unfortunately, he fertilized them with kerosene one day and they all died. He was pissed.