PDA

View Full Version : please help!!! My dogs overheated!!

petes_mama
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I was so stupid!!!!! :( My dog and i went out for a run with my little sister. We were out for about 20 min? i think. All of a sudden he wuz gagging so we headed home and he laid down in the middle of the road, because he was so exaughsted! I gave him water first thing, but him in a cool waterd bath tub and gave him an ice cube and but a cold waterd towel on him. Im scard he has heat stroke!!!! Im only 13! please does somone know what I can do. We don't have a lot of money , so we cant afford the vet. We have $0 money! Any tips?

note: He is up and moveing i think hes getteing better and his toungue is no longer red, its a good color!

mr.chiwawa
08-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Where are your parents? :confused: I personally would be calling the vet tell them what happened and tell them what you did. A phone call with their advice will cost you nothing and ensure some pieice of mind

petes_mama
08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
thanks. my parents are the ones who suggested some of the stuff. I called him and he said we did everything right. He is doing a whole!!! lot better. I thank the lord, jesus. because when i prayed he was healed . :D

joycenalex
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
keep the dog in an air conditioned house, keep the cold cloth on him, call your parents and tell them about this right now. they need to know about this

Hellow
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, but did you see that the parents was home and the dog is getting better?

No insult...

Canis-Lupess
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Wrapping cold cloths around the paws will help because they lose a lot of heat through them. I know my dogs used to perk up a lot in hot weather just by having their feet dipped in cool water even though they didn't enjoy having them dipped.

I also used to make gravy icepops for Mist. Jess isn't bothered about them but Mist loved them. I'd just make some gravy and put them in a little tub and into the freezer. Takes longer to freeze than normal water but does eventually. A great treat for those hot days.

joycenalex
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, but did you see that the parents was home and the dog is getting better?

No insult... none taken, as i was typing my response, she posted hers.

petes_mama
08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
he's back to himself! Im so relived