PDA

View Full Version : Pee

Pawla
08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I have a question for people with one cat. How many times a day does your cat pee? Squeak pees once, maybe twice a day. I'm just wondering if this is normal. I had two cats up until I lost one in March, so I never noticed this before. She acts fine otherwise. She eats her food and drinks a normal amount of water. She sleeps a lot, but she's ten years old, and all cats sleep quite a bit. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

jazzcat
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Ripley was my only cat for 10 years before the flood gate of kitties opened. Anyway, he usually only peed a couple of times a day but it would be huge when he did go. The clumping litter would be softball size but of course in his healthier days he weighed 18-20 pounds.

I don't think I would worry too much if she is eating, drinking and acting normal.

You'll have to come over some time and meet "The Gang". Maybe you'd want to take Moxie and Decker home with you. ;) :p I know Miss Squeak would never go for that.

orangemm
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Binky only goes once or twice a day; this is normal for him. Archy, on the other hand, goes 3 or 4 times. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I know WHOSE pee is whose. Same way for solid waste.

I think it depends on the cat. As long as mine have access to fresh drinking water and their litter boxes, I don't worry about it unless they exhibit symptoms.

catmandu
08-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Thats hard to say with the Found Cat Herd, all I know is I have to take biscuits out all day long.
I know when Scrappy 2 goes as she makes a prduction number about digging a hole and covering her mess. I think I am supposed to applaud.
Squeaks such a Cute Cat , shes a favorite with us at The Found Cat Paradise Hotel.

G535
08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Patrick Henry is still only a kitten at 8 months and he goes 3 to 4 times a day, Finnigan used to only go twice a day so I'd say your cat is pretty normal.

Kalei
08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
I think my cat's go about one-three times a day, but I think they poo more than they pee:p