PDA

View Full Version : Help!

bean123
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Help!!
A worker for a local tree service was slowly driving down the alley on his way to trim trees a few houses down. My dog was barking at him so he sprayed pepper spray at his face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THROUGH OUR CHAIN LINK FENCE!!!
How can I make this man suffer!!??? Lawsuit? I called 911 and the operator said it was a civil matter and there is nothing the police can do!
I've taken pictures of the dog, the workers, the pepper spray on the leaves and their truck. I called the 'boss man' and he said 'my guys don't carry mace'. (as if I expected him to admit it). I patted down each worker as they smirked and mumbled things like 'chinga'. I searched their truck! I'm bet they pitched it when they saw me marching down the alley.
I'm so angry I could vomit. My dog is the cuddliest creature EXCEPT when someone is driving down his alley. All he did was bark and race up and down the fence line. The workers just didn't want to have to listen to it while they worked so they maced him! :mad:

Karen
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't know if there's anything you can do, legal-wise, as I don't know what the laws are in your area, and your city.

What you CAN do, though, is pursue it a different way. Write letters to the company, and talk to a local reporter - newspaper or TV - explaining the situation. Often the glare of the media will make changes when the law cannot. It is good that you have picture, that will help the reporter. If there's more than one local newspaper, call until you find someone who is sympathetic and will do a news story.

crow_noir
08-25-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure what your local laws are... and I hate to put it this way... but what about vandalism of property??

Also take the dog to the vet or call and see what can be done. You may also be able to make them pay for the cost of treatment.

I doubt any of that will bring about significant "damages" to the tree company though.

So sorry that you had to be the victim of some of humanity's evils. *hugs*