PDA

View Full Version : When it rains, it pours!

Kirsten
08-24-2007, 08:31 AM
As you know, I'm facing surgery, and the fear that I have may have ovarian cancer. Will go to hospital next week.

This morning, I woke up with a stiff neck and a pain in my shoulder, and I could hardly move my neck. Drove to my physiotherapist and was lucky to get an appointment for this morning. But this time, he wasn't very successful in relocating my bones, and it was very painful, too.

When I finally left, I found my car has died down. Called the breakdown service, they arrived after a couple of hours, and it turned out it's the starter. They got the car running, but only for this time, so I could at least drive home. Now it's dead again, and I cannot care for this because I'll be in hospital next week.

Now I'm sitting here, totally dependent on others (just had to ask my neighbors to drive me to the supermarket for buying groceries), my shoulder still hurts, and I'm totally frustrated.

At the top of it, we have another heatwave, which means I have to open the bedroom windows wide at night, so I have to close the door and the girls cannot stay with me. It's heartbreaking that they cannot stay with me at night and sleep in my bed in my last nights at home... :(

Kirsten

moosmom
08-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh Kirsten,

You've got so much on your plate right now to have to add car trouble on top of it. A starter is easy to fix. You need to concentrate on YOU. The car will be there when you get home.

(((((HUGS)))))

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
{{{{{HUGS KIRSTEN}}}}} I hope things get better for you soon. :(

Catty1
08-24-2007, 10:23 AM
A person can buy a rebuilt starter. They are cheaper than new ones, and if your car is older, that's a good idea.

AND - I had my starter replaced once by a guy that had worked for Honda and Chev and worked out of his home garage.

Inside the starter is the FLINT - or the bit of metal that strikes the spark that starts the car. That is ALL that needed replacing.

I bet if your guys could find that one small part, it would be a lot cheaper for you.

That was done to my Honda in 1997, and I never had another starter problem right up til I sold it in 2005! :)

catnapper
08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh Kirsten, I must have missed a lot in the past week.... major ((((HUGS)))) to you. I'll be saying many prayers for you too.

mina'smomma
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh Cripe Kristen if you didn't have bad luck hun you wouldn't have any luck at all. Just remember once you hit bottom there is no way to go but up. I'll be saying many prayers for you.

Hugs & Headbumpies

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many bad things happening to you.:( Please try not to stress out too much. Things will get better. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Karen
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Kirsten, is there a way you could open your windows from the top instead of the bottom so the girls could still be in with you? I will keep you in my prayers, and hope that the weather cools for at least a couple nights before you have to go to Sir Jury.

Do you have a mechanic you trust? Maybe he or she could come and swap out the starter with a rebuilt one for you - it is worth a phone call - or several if you don't have a regular mechanic, you can call around for quotes and references ...

phesina
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Good grief, Kirsten, what ISN'T happening to you at this point?

More prayers and much love coming from us.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
*hugs* Prayers on the way that things start going better for you!

Kalei
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey Kirsten, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and am hoping that you get better soon. Try not to stress over the car too much, it can be fixed and I know it sucks to always have to depend on others, specially when your use to depending on yourself, but I'm sure they are happy and willing to help you out when you are in need.

You will be in my prayers.:)

Ginger's Mom
08-25-2007, 06:47 AM
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. Sometimes it really does seem like everything happens at once. You will be in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

trayi52
08-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Kirsten, I haven't been on much lately, but I have been reading through some of the threads. Sounds like you have been through a lot lately. I am really sorry you are going through so much, I hope you do well with your surgery, I will be thinking about you. Sending HUGS to you across the miles.

With Love,
Willie

Felicia's Mom
08-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I am sorry you are going through this. I will be thinking of you.

Whisk_Luva
08-25-2007, 03:45 PM
(((Hugs)))

I am so sorry... :(

momoffuzzyfaces
08-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm so sorry Kirsten. My car broke down a year ago. I still can't afford to get it fixed so I know how frustrating it is to have to depend on others to take you places.

Lots of prayers on the way from me. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
08-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh Kristen, you do have a lot on your plate right now! You poor thing! I will deffinetly be keeping you in my prayers. :)

dukedogsmom
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry for all your troubles. It does seem to happen that way, though. Please try not to worry too much, though I know it's hard. Just relax tomorrow and try to get in a peaceful frame of mind for Monday. I wish we could do more for you than just words.

Kirsten
08-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Thank you! :)

Well, I brought my car to the guy who's always fixing my car, and I told him to look for the cheapest option (like looking for a rebuilt one). So far, he always found good solutions for me, and time is not pressing, as I won't need my car anyway, the next one or two weeks...

At least my shoulder is doing better now, but I'm getting more and more nervous about the surgery thing and the fear of having cancer. As the day is coming closer, it all feels more real now, and I cannot distract myself from it anymore. And it's warm and humid, wich doesn't make things easier for me!

Kirsten