PDA

View Full Version : Man accused of shooting dog after it ate off his plate

crow_noir
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=75878

Man accused of shooting dog after it ate off his plate
JEFFERSON COUNTY
A 35-year-old man from Conifer is facing charges after prosecutors say he shot the family dog after it took food off his plate.

Devin Shane Calhoun was arrested on August 12 at his home by deputies with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department.

According to the arrest affidavit, family members saw the dog take food off of Calhoun's plate. When Calhoun found out, he took the dog outside and shot it, according to deputies.

Deputies originally thought the dog, named Lucky, died, but he survived.

Calhoun faces charges of aggravated animal cruelty and prohibited use of a weapon.

He posted $2,000 bond and will be in court on October 18.

(Copyright KUSA*TV. All rights reserved.)

dukedogsmom
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
I hope there's a nice, hot place in hell waiting for him :mad: :o Poor dog.

gini
08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Mr. Macho - now aren't you the big man to shoot an innocent animal for doing what comes natural without some good training?

Throw the book at him!!

kt_luvs_kitties
08-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Things like this make my blood boil! :mad:

Poor dog! :(

jackmilliesmom
08-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Thank god he does not live in my house just look at my siggy

elizabethann
08-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Unreal. :mad:

pitc9
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Was a total A$$!!! :mad:

I'm glad the dog lived, I hope it's okay.

moosmom
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
AMEN Gini!!

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Mr. Macho - now aren't you the big man to shoot an innocent animal for doing what comes natural without some good training?

Throw the book at him!!

I couldn't agree more!!! :( :mad: :mad: :mad: What an idiot. You leave the food there and the dog will get it, you moron. Hopefully, you'll go to jail for a little visit and we'll see what you do when your cellmates take your food!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cataholic
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Family dog? To me, this connotes that there are children in this family. WTF? You shoot a dog? A family PET? I would be taking away more than the dog. I would leave him if I were his wife, and, take the kids with me.

Catty1
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I found this additional stuff...I hope it wasn't his wife that posted bail. I'd be out the door with this nonsense!

The incident allegedly occurred last week.

Jefferson County sheriff's deputies said that when they responded to the family's call that night, they found Calhoun sitting on his porch, listening to music. He had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol and was surrounded by numerous empty beer bottles, according to the affidavit, the television station reported.

When deputies asked if he shot his dog, he said, "Yes, I did."

When asked why, Calhoun told deputies, "Because he ate my food."

Calhoun was arrested and released four days later, after posting $2,000 bond.

According to the arrest affidavit, family members said they saw Lucky snag food from Calhoun's plate while Calhoun was outside. Calhoun's son put the dog in a kennel inside the house and told his father what had happened.

Calhoun came into the house, sat down on the couch for a few moments, and then grabbed the dog by the collar and walked it to the meadow across from the front door, family members said.

His wife said it was dark, so she couldn't see what happened, but she heard one gun shot and then heard the dog whine for a little bit.

Calhoun walked back into the house, put the gun in a desk, sat on the porch and listened to music, his family said.

He was taken into custody at his home. He has a court hearing set for Oct. 18.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

IRescue452
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Psycho

KittyGurl
08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
What an idoit! Yeah, go shoot the dog instead of getting some more food! That would really solve the problem!!!:mad: :mad: Some people are just so dumb. Why shoot the dog!? It didn't do nothing to you, oh right, I forgot it stole your food!!!:mad:

Moron!!!:mad:

Argranade
08-26-2007, 01:09 PM
That's so freaken crewl!

Lucky REALLY is lucky for surviving the shot, I hope he'll live.

I think that guy should be shot in the arse. :mad:

lvpets2002
08-30-2007, 12:36 PM
:mad: Totally agree gini.. That Just Makes my blood boil.. Now about that good training.. I would say I have trained my babies very well to Eat from my Plate if it is something they want.. :o

Throw the book at him!!

kittycats_delight
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
The wife and kid sound like real geniuses too. I mean come on...dad is loaded out of his mind obviously and you say 'hey dad, Lucky ate your dinner off your plate.' Bright kid. Then wife does and says nothing when her dead husband grabs the dog and drags him out into a field with a rifle. She still does nothing when she hears the gun shot and she does nothing when she hears her sons dog whine and obviously bleeding and hurt in the field across from their home. I mean the kid had to know what his father did and he had to be hysterical and this genius mother does nothing? And darling daddy grabs and beer and goes and sits on the porch.

WTF???? I feel sorry for the poor kid. What kind of a chance does this kid have of having a normal life with the likes of these 2 as parents. The 'father' needs to be more than shot in the arse. You can use your imagination as to what should be done.

I kinda like the idea of soaking him in bacon grease and letting a pack of starving dogs have a little lunch.