PDA

View Full Version : I am having trouble posting pics...

carole
08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
I have been trying unsuccessfully for some time now to post some pics of my cats, it just won't upload them, i have had a similar problem once before on PT, so assume the trouble is with PT not my computer, is anyone else experiencing these problems, help Karen, thanks. :)

Jessika
08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Hmm uploading through PT? I'm gonna test to see if I can do it...

EDIT: Looks as though it worked for me! What browser are you using? It works for me in the latest version of Mozilla Firefox

kittycats_delight
08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
I have been trying unsuccessfully for some time now to post some pics of my cats, it just won't upload them, i have had a similar problem once before on PT, so assume the trouble is with PT not my computer, is anyone else experiencing these problems, help Karen, thanks. :)

I am assuming you are referring to attaching pictures right? I will try and see if it works. I usually just upload them to photobucket and post from there it is much easier IMO and you don't have to wait to view each pic by clicking on them and then going back and clicking on the next. I know I for one usually don't look at attched pics too often cause they can take some time to load. But I will attach a pic here and see if it works.

ETA: seems to be working for me.

Are you clicking upload when you are attaching the pics before clicking close this window? I don't know what else it could be. Sorry.

If you want I can do a few screenshots on how to do it and see if that works.

I am using the latest version of IE right now.

Michelle

carole
08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
ok well i have mozilla firefox too, i imagine the latest version,have to ask hubby, yes i know how to do it, just is not working for me, and i have been trying for ages,must be something to do with my computer then, since you all have it working no problem,thank you for the testing,much appreciated, not sure what i can do then, i have the pics on my desktop,desperately waiting to be seen sigh, lol.

I have just tried it again, after i press upload,no blue line at the bottom appears, it just remains idle.i have tried just posting one pic at a time, still no luck, i am fustrated. i waited for two minutes, nothing happened, i have noticed my computer a bit slow lately, maybe has a virus or something.

dukedogsmom
08-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I have tons of space for hosting pics. I'd be more than happy to host some for you if you like.

carole
08-23-2007, 07:13 PM
thank you , how Do i send them to you, i am not very good at this, do i need your email address to do it or what, excuse my ignorance lol. :)

dukedogsmom
08-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I sent you a pm.

Jessika
08-23-2007, 11:46 PM
ok well i have mozilla firefox too, i imagine the latest version,have to ask hubby, yes i know how to do it, just is not working for me, and i have been trying for ages,must be something to do with my computer then, since you all have it working no problem,thank you for the testing,much appreciated, not sure what i can do then, i have the pics on my desktop,desperately waiting to be seen sigh, lol.

I have just tried it again, after i press upload,no blue line at the bottom appears, it just remains idle.i have tried just posting one pic at a time, still no luck, i am fustrated. i waited for two minutes, nothing happened, i have noticed my computer a bit slow lately, maybe has a virus or something.
I noticed when I clicked "upload" it took quite a while for it to finish loading... but it finally did. I've notice PT has been a little sluggish lately, so that could be a reason why. If you're on dial-up the page might time-out before uploading because it does take a few minutes.

carole
08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks val i will send them to you soon, just a bit busy today,but appreciate you doing this for me.

Catty1
08-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Just as an aside - Carole, do you use Photobucket or Imagestation?

carole
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't use either of those, hubby just puts them on my computer for me from the digi camera, and puts them in my folder, sorry i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to this computer stuff,but i asked him and he said we use neither of them.

Catty1
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Ok, I just wondered - because I think those sites make it easier to post photos. Maybe there is a way to upload them (without making them attachments) where you don't have to use them.

I use Photobucket - it is free. You could upload all the pics in your folder to there. And you can make sub-folders to categorize your different photos.

If your husband thinks it's a good idea to load them there, then it's easy to post them on PT. Lots of help available!

Just an idea...

carole
08-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Thank you i will put it past him and see what he says. :)