PDA

View Full Version : Advice for rehoming Dreamer

dab_20
08-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi, everyone. I need some suggestions. I'm rehoming my pony, Dreamer, since I do not live in Minnesota any longer she doesn't get the attention and care she needs. It's been a really hard decision.. I've grown so attached to her and my dad as well. Well, many of you may remember her. She's been extremely fearful of people since we got her at an animal auction. After a year her personality has just started to show, and she's a real sweetie. Well...

I've decided the way to go about rehoming her. I'm going to make a few posters explaining her situation and hang them around near-by feed and tack stores. What I need advice on is how to word her.. problems, without making her sound undesirable. I have to make it clear that she needs a very experienced owner, who has the time, love, and patience to work with her. She's a very skiddish horse, and is very nervous and fearful in new situations. It takes a lot of time for her to trust you. Not to mention she's a very young girl... about 3 years old.

Anyways, If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb124/danielleab_20/minnesota221.jpg

jackie
08-23-2007, 07:24 AM
I think you just put it perfectly. :)

I have to make it clear that she needs a very experienced owner, who has the time, love, and patience to work with her. She's a very skiddish horse, and is very nervous and fearful in new situations. It takes a lot of time for her to trust you. Not to mention she's a very young girl... about 3 years old.

Very shy but sweet 3 year old pony needs a home that will give her the love and time that she needs. She can by skittish and nervous in new surroundings, but with patience and understanding can be turned into a lovely pet. If you are interested in opening your heart to Dreamer, I am sure the return will be huge,

Please contact .... 555-5555 if interested.

Ginger's Mom
08-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Oh Danielle, that is a precious picture. I am sure you will find her the perfect home.

KittyGurl
08-23-2007, 09:31 AM
That is an adorable picture! I bet she will find a wonderful home:)

dab_20
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Very shy but sweet 3 year old pony needs a home that will give her the love and time that she needs. She can by skittish and nervous in new surroundings, but with patience and understanding can be turned into a lovely pet. If you are interested in opening your heart to Dreamer, I am sure the return will be huge,

Please contact .... 555-5555 if interested.

Thank you! I like how you put it with the words I said. lol

And thank you everyone!

Genny
08-24-2007, 12:29 AM
That picture is so precious :)I hope you find her a good home; she is beautiful..

Kalei
08-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow, I must say, if someone turns that pony down because of a few skiddish problems then they are nuts because that pony is just gorgeous!